rFactor 2 | Spa-Francorchamps Confirmed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have confirmed they are set to release the mighty Spa-Francorchamps circuit for rFactor 2 later this month.

Having taken to social media earlier today, Studio 397 have finally confirmed the mystery track heading the way of rFactor 2 later this month will be Spa-Francorchamps - adding yet another high profile laserscanned circuit to the simulation.

At present, the studio have just revealed initial screenshots of the circuit in game, however an exact release date has yet to be revealed, aside from the fact it should be released within the month of November.

Stay tuned to RaceDepartment.com for more news and information about this exciting new track release as and when it becomes available.

rFactor 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Check out the rF2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for a great place to hang out with your fellow fans of the title, discuss the latest news and get advice on how to make the most from your simulation. Join in and start a new thread today!

rF2 Spa 3.jpg

Thats kind of fixed now. Base setup still needs updated though, If you assign a setup with more rear wing they stop spinning

Thanks for the tip. So the following comment is for S397 and @Marcel Offermans
If it's as easy as that, why the heck don't you simply fix it instead of expecting users to know how to force setups on the AI to band-aid your broken content?

Thanks for the tip. So the following comment is for S397 and @Marcel Offermans
If it's as easy as that, why the heck don't you simply fix it instead of expecting users to know how to force setups on the AI to band-aid your broken content?
Yea, I'd say it's more of a band-aid than a true fix. That AMG has some deeper issues I think.

In general though the rfactor2 AI are just god awful at the moment, maybe even worse than AMS2s for me. To me it's the biggest shortcoming in the game currently next to driver swap/server issues.

Last edited:
I love the site and have been a premium member for long time, and I enjoy its videos and all, but it seems a lot of these videos are a bit pointless. They literally just say what the article says and show nothing else, there has been quite a few like this of late. This one is basically a one liner "Spa is coming, there are screen shots but they are not shown in this video". Is it a YouTube algorithm thing?

Sorry, not trying to be rude, and I am grumpy with a toothache.
Totally agree. I did not even played the video because I knew these videos would be exactly like what you described...:roflmao:

On Topic:
Hurrah Spa!

In general though the rfactor2 AI are just god awful at the moment, maybe even worse than AMS2s for me.

Off Topic:
Absolute nonsense, as per Discord you've mistaken (paid) Unofficial Content for Official Content and taken your assumption from that.

It seems you're very quick to point out the flaws and scream the house down without substance, so it would be nice to include some "Constructive Criticism" in your posts not to mention the Steps taken so the issues can be reproduced. You'll do more to help that way and at the end of the day all we want is better AI, so please when it gets too much just sit back and write up in a constructive manner, thank you :)

I haven't bought any new RF2 content recently as I find it difficult to keep track of what I have or haven't paid for with some of their car packs due to the way their store is set up. However, I'm always happy to buy tracks, especially Spa which one of my favourites, so this is a definite buy for me.

I haven't bought any new RF2 content recently as I find it difficult to keep track of what I have or haven't paid for with some of their car packs due to the way their store is set up. However, I'm always happy to buy tracks, especially Spa which one of my favourites, so this is a definite buy for me.
when clicking on Items it tells you that you got it already

On Topic:
Hurrah Spa!

Off Topic:
Absolute nonsense, as per Discord you've mistaken (paid) Unofficial Content for Official Content and taken your assumption from that.

It seems you're very quick to point out the flaws and scream the house down without substance, so it would be nice to include some "Constructive Criticism" in your posts not to mention the Steps taken so the issues can be reproduced. You'll do more to help that way and at the end of the day all we want is better AI, so please when it gets too much just sit back and write up in a constructive manner, thank you :)
It's sold in the rfactor2 store and used in offical competitions, that's offical content to me. Besides, you think Imola is the only track that has issues with AI? I say plenty of good things about rf2. Even said in in my first comment here. The AI has a lot of issues, whether you want to admit it or not. I'm not the only one saying these things.

It's sold in the rfactor2 store and used in offical competitions, that's offical content to me. Besides, you think Imola is the only track that has issues with AI? I say plenty of good things about rf2. Even said in in my first comment here. The AI has a lot of issues, whether you want to admit it or not. I'm not the only one saying these things.

I've never not admitted there's issues with the AI, I'm well aware of them but also well aware that you can have good racing out of the box with the AI.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 109 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 83 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 115 13.5%