This part is misinformation and well... nonsense.To install
1. go to racedepartment.com
2. search for mod by name in downloads
3. download it
4. open the package and unpack it into ac folder /drag the zip file over content manager
1. go to steam, navigate to the game workshop, search for mod by name
2. subscribe to it.
3. it downloads automatically although you get no confirmation of this. You just have to know subscribing means install
4. start rf2 and it runs the mod installer
The mod removal is simple in ac as it is a case of simply deleting a folder and the content manager can even open the folder for you. In rf2 you need to hunt down the mod from steam and then unsub. In reality the automatic thing is not faster because in the end in both cases it is all about searching for the button to press and to get to t hat button is quicker in ac. Ac is also adding a mod installer/downloader via content manager but haven't used it.
To claim that downloading and unzipping folders is faster than clicking links in browser
So for rf2:
1. click rf2 workshop bookmark in browser and then click Most Recent tab
2. click the mod you are interested in
3. click Subscribe button
And that's it - next time you fire up rf2 mod is in the game!
Mod uninstall - same procedure but click on Unsubscribe button.
Without trying too hard I did mod install in 10 secs just for the test. Beat this