rFactor 2 release date

2 years is hardly worth the wait. I've moved on especially after finding out no DX10, mostly graphical updates. Didn't even fix the track surface kabongle.

This is what excites me about rFactor2, Sure graphically it's not a big push forward, but in terms of what we got with rFactor it's moving miles ahead.

(Rain to dry driving line )
The laps to create the dry line were done with AI. When a human is driving (or the AI decides multiple lines work) where you drive actually determines where on the track is dried or rubbered in. You can see a dry and then rubber line starting to build into the pitlane as well as around the race track. There was also two incidents going into that turn which created additional skidmarks on the apex and just outside of the apex during the 1hr 30mins the footage was captured from. Usually I captured each 5 seconds just after a pack of cars had passed, the racing line would get partially wet again shortly afterwards before the next group

Awesome
and then this one

238678103.jpg

rFactor 2 Tire Damage WIP images and information
Did you just flatspot your tire? Is the rubber beginning to grain? Having a hard time feeling out the handling to discover what the problem is? Not anymore. Just open your eyes.

This is something I've certainly never seen before and is another one of those things that makes my jaw drop.
If you flatspot a tire in rFactor 2 not only will the flatspot be simulated, it'll be simulated in the spot you actually wore down. Not only that, but it will be visually represented in the spot you actually wore down.
If you are wearing out your tires and they're beginning to grain on one side, you'll see that graining on one side.
Whatever damage your tire has, you'll see it, you'll feel it.

I'm sold on just those two things alone.... Bring it on i say, oh yes bring...it....on....

http://isiforums.net/f/forumdisplay.php/10-Development-News?

ISI's Youtube account gave an answer to one of the customers who was asking for a release date:

Their answer was: 2011 is the only thing we can say right now

I hope that's a sure thing and wont get delayed to 2012. I'm fine waiting for all of 2011 for rF2. But I would like to know if they are actually going to release it IN 2011 and not just be LFS or NKP syndrome and release it in late 2012

I'm sure there isnt a long way to go and im happy with whatever comes out, as long as its not overly complicated and corporational.
Rfactor already is the best sim for me for its clean design, accurate physics and modability. Just adding the weather system,
updating tyre model and perhaps peformance is all there is needed. I am slightly worried that they are delaying it all just on creating their own cars, mods and tracks, perhaps obtaining some silly licenses and new U.I. If i would be ISI i would just update the platform to the maximum and let the already amazing modding population get on it.

I'm sure there isnt a long way to go and im happy with whatever comes out, as long as its not overly complicated and corporational.
Rfactor already is the best sim for me for its clean design, accurate physics and modability. Just adding the weather system,
updating tyre model and perhaps peformance is all there is needed. I am slightly worried that they are delaying it all just on creating their own cars, mods and tracks, perhaps obtaining some silly licenses and new U.I. If i would be ISI i would just update the platform to the maximum and let the already amazing modding population get on it.

Amen to that, brother.

Im gonna be jumping up and down like a little school girl when the release date is given. Unless they say I have to wait until 2012-2013 because I really don't wanna wait that long. ISI are really keeping this game out of the spotlight a lot, so a near release isnt something I would imagine. But then this isnt Need For Speed, so I doubt they would mass market and then rush it out the door.

I really do hope Rfactor 2 gets the marketing it deserves, to help bring over some of the massive console crowd of racers.

ISI are really keeping this game out of the spotlight a lot, so a near release isnt something I would imagine.

I really do hope Rfactor 2 gets the marketing it deserves, to help bring over some of the massive console crowd of racers.

I thought Tim Wheatley going to ISI was to help promote the game? we've had very little in the way of news and some of the screenshots and video's we've had have hardly been inspiring even amongst the most hardened rFactor fans. Its not going to get the same kind of blitz as a big budget game like NFS Shift but come on ISI promote the game!

I'm not sure they need to promote it. The market they will be aiming at will be fully away of the upcoming release, thanks to communities like ours - it's done all the work for them. A quick Google search for rF2 puts RD ahead of rFactor 2's wiki page! Searching for rFactor 2 forum puts us at the top.

I'm more than sure that the target market are FULLY aware of the upcoming title.

I'm not sure they need to promote it. The market they will be aiming at will be fully away of the upcoming release, thanks to communities like ours - it's done all the work for them. A quick Google search for rF2 puts RD ahead of rFactor 2's wiki page! Searching for rFactor 2 forum puts us at the top.

I'm more than sure that the target market are FULLY aware of the upcoming title.

They can't rely on the same small market, they need to grow their userbase and a forum full of the same kind of specualtion, guessing release dates, guessing what cars or tracks might be included doesn't sell a product no matter how well the forum scores with Google.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.