rFactor 2 release date

i really hope so Bram, im deep into Racing and im getting tired of F1, since CM are the only ones making the game as they have the exclusive license, they still ain't doing a good job of it.... only thing that keeps me going is the drivers. :)

do you reckon there will be a Mod out for rFactor 2 like a Formula 3 or Formula 1 mod?

i really hope so Bram, im deep into Racing and im getting tired of F1, since CM are the only ones making the game as they have the exclusive license, they still ain't doing a good job of it.... only thing that keeps me going is the drivers. :)

do you reckon there will be a Mod out for rFactor 2 like a Formula 3 or Formula 1 mod?

You'll have Renault 2.0 and 3.5 to keep you occupied until single seater mods start emerging:good:.

Tim Wheatley has been consistent in not specifying a date, yet, he's been pretty consistent with his indications that 2011 will see the release. After the coming and going of Q4 2010 [the apparently previous expected release date], I would hope that ISI are being more careful to ensure they don't over commit and hence they've been unwilling to even provide a quarter or month indication, much less a specific date.

The Xmas market was discussed on the ISI forums also and ISI's immediate comment was that for rFactor, Xmas is largely irrelevant .... it's a niche product and not a mass market hysteria Xmas product like a "ithingy" or whatever.

The roll up of mods will be interesting to watch as this is an opportunity to spring clean alot of the developments that rFactor motivated. I am looking forward to the mods almost as much as the main engine ....

Patience is hard!!!

Safe Driving

Says enough i think. :)
Comment from Timothy on the Frontpage article. :)

No it is still TBA 2011. You'll be able to get your hands on it this year. Obviously the open beta will be fairly soon, but the unknown is how long that testing will last. I would still assume 2011 for the initial release (after the beta) too, but it's never going to be 100%.

But like I said, if you want to get in early and in 2011 for sure, you will be able to.

If it will come until 2015 of course...Rf2 will definately not come in 2011. maybe mid 2012. We hear nothing from the producers they are always talking about beta tests,...nothing is ready. And the statement last year maybe we can release it in 2010 makes me aggressive.

And then on top...we have now in 2 months the year 2012 and they are still ****ing around with DX9.

They never said 2010. ;)
The community expected that. ISI said it was 40% change it came out in 2010. So you cant blame them if people where dissappointed.

And we see it in 2011 even if it is some sort of Beta. Wich imo very good we get a beta.
How many new games get released with alot of bugs these days? Now have a change to find them and also play the game. :)

Important notes from that article. :)

• rFactor 2 will go open-beta in 2011 ahead of the official release (possibly in 2011 as well)
  • There will be no demo before the release
  • There will be no DirectX 11 mode
  • rFactor 2 will come with improved netcode
  • More licensed content will be added after the release
  • The engine powering rFactor is now called isiMotor 2.5
  • rFactor 2 comes with an online account system providing matchmaking & updates. It’s free for the first 12 months after purchase and a paid service after that.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 246 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 161 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 229 14.0%