rFactor 2 | New Nürburgring Update And Layout Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have released a new update to their Nürburgring track within rFactor 2.

Releasing the fresh new build of the Nürburgring yesterday, Studio 397 have both given the track a further optimisation pass, as well as adding what has been described as the "Support 24H" layout - a track configuration that is mostly used for the support classes of the 24h endurance events - traditionally series such as ADAC F4 and the Porsche Carrera Cup series.

The Nürburgring originally released for rFactor 2 as a paid DLC back in September, retailing for around £10.66 and coming with four original configurations - with further layouts added to this iconic track over the following months.

rF2 Nords Update 3.jpg

Arguably one of the most fearsome and challenging tracks in the motorsport world, the rFactor 2 Nürburgring Nordschleife has been laserscanned to represent the full detail of the circuit, and is certainly one of the most impressive recreations of the track in modern sim racing.

You can purchase the circuit here.

rF2 Nords Update 4.jpg

rFactor 2 is a racing simulation exclusively available for PC.

For more news from the world of rFactor 2, check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 sub forum and join in with the community discussion. If you like racing in a clean and fun environment online, why not check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 Racing Club? Get yourself in on the action!

rF2 Nords Update 2.jpg

Of course updates are appreciated, BUT, the loading times are agonizing. Why is this issue not being addressed is my "question"? And, don't get me started on the proposed (currently in beta) UI.
Maybe there is no easy and fast solution to this problem and it greatly depends on the track aswell if you load up a track for the first time. Le Mans or Nordschleife will take quite a bit of time while smaller tracks load reasonably fast. It's certainly not perfect but I have learned to live with it. While a track loads I usualy get a cup of coffee or play a bit on my guitar :p

Hi,
Yes maybe so, I do not feel it to be the case tbh,
AC-ACC I can start the game and within 90 seconds be racing online or doing hotlaps with mind blowing graphics @7680x1440 rocking crazy fps,
here I waste 40 minutes and never even turned a lap in these other games that was a race,
for what am I compromising for ?
mediocre graphics ?
lack of controller support ?
low resolution content ?
insane loading times ?
poor UI ?

where is the benefit.
I'm sure if you had mods for sale on rf2 he'd be the best... :whistling:

Maybe there is no easy and fast solution to this problem and it greatly depends on the track aswell if you load up a track for the first time. Le Mans or Nordschleife will take quite a bit of time while smaller tracks load reasonably fast. It's certainly not perfect but I have learned to live with it. While a track loads I usualy get a cup of coffee or play a bit on my guitar :p
Yes, tracks also take quite a while to load, but I was referring to actual loading of the game. It is now worse than ever.Slow is "slow. It still remains on my hard drive but rarely played due to the 'incompleteness', which is a shame.

I'm sure if you had mods for sale on rf2 he'd be the best... :whistling:
Yes we have like ten cars ingame currently, quality is exceptional well best I ever saw inside RF2 anyways,
Problem I am having I work like a ninja, so in 3ds max and AC SDK I am in and out faster than you can blink it’s very exciting stuff,
I come here to play with the cars here or there on weekends but progress just almost stops to a stand still,
I’m just not used to the slow life lol

I drive that radical last week on my CSW 2.5 feels lovely the FFB on that car,
I appreciate the feedback from people goes without saying but not changing drivers for 1 game when the other 6/7 I tested works without issues,
I’ll just play it with my xbox controller. :D

Yes, tracks also take quite a while to load, but I was referring to actual loading of the game. It is now worse than ever.Slow is "slow. It still remains on my hard drive but rarely played due to the 'incompleteness', which is a shame.

Two things can help:

1. Search your rf2 folders for any RCD files and delete them, for some reason a lot of these get created running into the thousands and that can cause loading time issues.

2. Uninstall any mods/tracks you never drive, the more content you have installed the longer the load time so no point having redundant items sat there doing nothing.

The single best sim in terms of FFB and physics, its worth it to do your best to get sorted.
As for mediocre graphics, the latest tracks and cars look stunning, so much so they rival AMS2 and ACC, actually better to me in places.
Not sure where I am personally going wrong with it tbh

I mean I see people’s screenshots they look marvellous but gameplay I’m not seeing this at all,

running triple 32inch ultrawide @7680x1440
RTX 2080ti XC Hybrid
9700k watercooled 4.7ghz
64gb Hyper X RGB 3.6ghz
All games Ultra settings maxed out every detail,

I think people’s replays with camera tricks get it there mostly

but during gameplay on some tracks looks really bad

I think it was Sebring if I spell it correctly with the Radical the AI I must say the best I ever raced a few weeks back very impressive, that track looks lovely and the cars but it’s not very consistent,

that Sebring to me looks twice better than this Nürburgring ingame for some reason,
+ my Vertical FOV don’t work but a guy in our Discord last night gave me some settings for triples which I’ll try soon,
I got the DD2 working from my 2.5 config I had previously but still needs some setup work,

but the FOV was that bad I actually got lost, I’ll try and correct it but from what I saw the AC-ACC track looks a different track the layout, apparently it’s scanned but like I say won’t comment more the FOV is a killer.

Ill try and exit Fanalabs for RF2,
but been playing with the settings on and off all week there dialed it perfect now,
every other game with Fanalabs and these drivers are perfect,
considering RF2 is 5th out of my top 5 sims id rather not uninstall and remove everything. :)
DD1 user here. As far as I can tell Fanalabs is still in beta and you already know what beta means, don't you. Especially for hardware driver. Problem with Fanalabs is that it requires beta driver to work. With beta driver even AMS1 was crashing after about 20 minutes of racing.
So, _closing_ Fanalabs might not work. If you want stability - install latest stable driver.
I removed Fanalab, re-installed wheel driver and system is stable again.
As regards to LEDs - you might give Lanaleds (https://www.fanaleds.com/) a try.

I'm reading all these complaints about the loading times, the graphics, and I don't get it.
I'm running rF2 all details on ultra on a 12 year old CPU (Phenom II x6), GTX 1060 and an ancient HDD.
The loading times are slow, but it's not critical on my end, it takes 2,3 mins to load a 10 car grid on the Nords.
Once it's loaded, oh my God. The graphics are beautiful and the FPS is stunning considering the age of my PC specs.
And the FBB, all you guys please try FIA GT1 2010 mod on the Schleife. The Lambo RSV Gt1.
I just recently found it out, and it's the best sim experience I've ever had. Soo much fun.

I think people’s replays with camera tricks get it there mostly

but during gameplay on some tracks looks really bad
I think it would really help if you'd be more specific than this, and ideally showed some screenshots.

I'm reading all these complaints about the loading times, the graphics, and I don't get it.
The loading times are slow, but it's not critical on my end, it takes 2,3 mins to load a 10 car grid on the Nords.
Your answer is right there. You don't consider 2-3 minutes of loading a 10 car grid critical. Many would (and rightfully so).

I think it would really help if you'd be more specific than this, and ideally showed some screenshots.
What I was referring to is that screenshots taken with all the PP effects and all the goodies are glossing up the game,
where has the default gameplay is not like this,
but the other games are live and replays both look just as good.

What I was referring to is that screenshots taken with all the PP effects and all the goodies are glossing up the game,
where has the default gameplay is not like this,
Like I said, you should be specific and ideally post some screenshots. Most screenshots I see are absolutely representative of gameplay (or even made during gameplay), outside of using DOF (which can make some things in the background less obvious).

where is the benefit.
A phantastic driving experience maybe?

A very reasonable answer to a very reasonable question, if you do not find RF2 driving experience that special, like me, then RF2 is probably not going to make you happy. RF2, despite having been around for a very long time and much talked about here on RD, has not gathered a lot of players when looking on Steam to see how many play the game.

They have a very enthousiast player base, small but loud, always touting how fantastic the driving is and how great the latest content is. So, maybe like me, it makes people curious, we tried the game before, did not find it that special, what are we missing? So we buy, like I just did, the latest pack, summer sales help, and try again.

So either you get it, I don’t, and you finally understand the magic of RF2, or you don’t and move along. If the one trick does not make you fall in love, the whole messy experience will make you run away toward greener pasture. Or maybe you will drive that combo that works well every ones in a while when you feel like a change from what ever fills your SIM driving need better.

There is room for all kind of SIM on our hard drive, but only so much time available to play them, let’s use that time wisely.

A very reasonable answer to a very reasonable question, if you do not find RF2 driving experience that special, like me, then RF2 is probably not going to make you happy. RF2, despite having been around for a very long time and much talked about here on RD, has not gathered a lot of players when looking on Steam to see how many play the game.

They have a very enthousiast player base, small but loud, always touting how fantastic the driving is and how great the latest content is. So, maybe like me, it makes people curious, we tried the game before, did not find it that special, what are we missing? So we buy, like I just did, the latest pack, summer sales help, and try again.

So either you get it, I don’t, and you finally understand the magic of RF2, or you don’t and move along. If the one trick does not make you fall in love, the whole messy experience will make you run away toward greener pasture. Or maybe you will drive that combo that works well every ones in a while when you feel like a change from what ever fills your SIM driving need better.

There is room for all kind of SIM on our hard drive, but only so much time available to play them, let’s use that time wisely.
I bought it when it was released the 1st day I have played it ever since,
its never progressed to the level of the other games,
I commented on the lack of controller support, they update the game but not the latest driver beta or not the rest of my other games work fine 0 issues,
lets move on lol

Hi,
Yes maybe so, I do not feel it to be the case tbh,
AC-ACC I can start the game and within 90 seconds be racing online or doing hotlaps with mind blowing graphics @7680x1440 rocking crazy fps,
here I waste 40 minutes and never even turned a lap in these other games that was a race,
for what am I compromising for ?
mediocre graphics ?
lack of controller support ?
low resolution content ?
insane loading times ?
poor UI ?

where is the benefit.
Slightly off topic....you posted recently that you have a 2080Ti (correct me if wrong)...with your set up @ 7680x1440, what FPS are you getting on Nords with say 12 of rF2 GT3 cars?

Your answer is right there. You don't consider 2-3 minutes of loading a 10 car grid critical. Many would (and rightfully so).

I'm on an 3 year old PC, and SSD but start rF2, enter multiplayer session on an "normal" track takes about 60 seconds, would say that's seems reasonable fast. Bigger tracks like Nords take longer but still reasonable time frame (once the track has loaded once), but yes it might still be longer than others.

Slightly off topic....you posted recently that you have a 2080Ti (correct me if wrong)...with your set up @ 7680x1440, what FPS are you getting on Nords with say 12 of rF2 GT3 cars?
Hi,
ill check later and see what the FPS ingame, not sure if I own all the GT3 cars though although I do have some so will load those, I think with the Radicals I was getting like 90fps with a full grid.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.