rFactor 2 | February Development Roadmap

Jan Larsen

Premium
Denmark
@Kenny Paton I really want to quote and reply to Guitartech's posts as there's some factual flaws in it and a few things I would like a further explanation to, but if you want me to keep a lit on it, I understand. Its as off topic as his posts.

Please, in your humble opinion because I drive and enjoy it every day

Am on totally new kick of resuming 6 to 24 hour races

Have to try it on ACC and AMS2 !

Oh wait they can't

Do you seriously take the time to reply to all the people who have a "humble opinion" different than yours? Of course it's THEIR opinion, since it's THEIR experience. You don't have to specify that you voice your own opinion when you do, even if every other robot that wants to fit in today feels the need to use that expression. People usually understand that you speak from your own experience. Most people. And our experiences may differ, as well as our opinions, but they can coexist. I'm happy that this game works for you. Wish I could share your enjoyment.

Last edited:

Kenny Paton

Staff
Premium
Scotland
@Kenny Paton I really want to quote and reply to Guitartech's posts as there's some factual flaws in it and a few things I would like a further explanation to, but if you want me to keep a lit on it, I understand. Its as off topic as his posts.
He's maybe suffered enough with his broken pedals and would no doubt feel compelled to reply so
better to save it for the next rF2 thread.
Or you could start a new thread in the rF2 section where you can discuss your points.

GuitarTech

Premium
Germany
Feel free to PM me. I don't bite :)
Edit: I'll start a new thread instead , which, as someone else has pointed out, I should've done in the first place. I have lots of time at the moment anyway, the replacement control PCB for my pedals will be coming Monday next week, and not Friday like I'd hoped :-(
No driving for the whole weekend, how will I survive? :)
Maybe I'll have to resort to actually talking a lot with my wife, it's her birthday on Saturday as it happens...

Last edited:
So, still no improvement regarding load times on the Roadmap - that's the biggest thing that keeps me away from rF2.

I do have the feeling that if I started a rF2 session right now, Studio 397 will have published another roadmap before I even make to the track.

Edit: Missed @Kenny Paton 's post re rF2 "can't play, won't play" - please feel free to remove/delete if this is too far off topic.

Always fun when you've waited ages for it to load, looking like an idiot just sat there with the VR headset on, only to be treated to a fit inducing screen flicker and dumped to the desktop as soon as you click race.

GuitarTech

Premium
Germany
Gives you time on Friday then to plan a lovely birthday surprise for her. :D
All the plans are completed: the presents already wrapped, and a bouquet already pre-ordered for Saturday. I planned it all in advance 'cos I thought I'd be able to drive a bit at the weekend. Until I trashed my pedals Monday evening, the full story is earlier in the thread, bugger :-(

GuitarTech

Premium
Germany
Good times ahead for Studio 397 & rFactor 2, well done guys to a brighter future.:)
It's great news, there are going to be some cool things happening in the near future.
As an aside, I have a message for the guy doing the interview: kid, if you can't grow a beard, shave that bum fluff off, it just looks silly.

Now this is an interesting twist:

My post from another thread with the same news:

Jesus! It was true... I'm speechless...

After coming around... I must say that this is shocking news. As I said earlier, we could have one day rFactor 3
with ACC visuals and still the great physics and FFB we have now in rFactor 2.

Also some other Sims based on the rFactor 2 physics like the already announced BTCC 'game'.

Let's hope for the best...

Always fun when you've waited ages for it to load, looking like an idiot just sat there with the VR headset on, only to be treated to a fit inducing screen flicker and dumped to the desktop as soon as you click race.

The whole VR UI environment is horrible especially the replay interface ,video quality and camera positions.

Last edited:
Basically Motorsport Games, need physics/ffb for their NASCAR games.
Cannot see anything tangible for RF2, less assume a slower pace for RF2 bugs?
I don't see this as a positive move

Last edited:

JamieG

OTCR_Simracing
Premium
Sweden
Hmmm it can actually go both ways... hyper sim closing the gap between real and virtual Motorsport or arcade with more $$$

Not sure what to think.

They talk about Unreal Engine in press release. So rf3 is probably coming.

Which means modding support is gone.

Will require the best of best graphics cards to run VR.

Kunos lifted the complete physics engine to unreal engine 4 for ACC.

So rf2 can do the same.