rFactor 2: Aston Martin GTE Confirmed!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have confirmed the awesome Aston Martin Vantage GTE will be arriving for rFactor 2 soon!

Revealing the meaning behind the cryptic 'a fourth player has joined the race' teaser recently released by the Dutch studio, today Studio 397 have confirmed the upcoming arrival of the epic Aston Martin for the GTE category of the simulation - joining the already released BMW M8, Porsche 991 RSR and Corvette C7R.

Happy days!

rF2 Aston Martin GTE.jpg

rFactor 2 is a racing simulation exclusively available for PC.

For more news from the world of rFactor 2, check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 sub forum and join in with the community discussion. If you like racing in a clean and fun environment online, why not check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 Racing Club? Get yourself in on the action!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
That said, I'm also assuming the reason why sims like RF2 don't do it is because it's mod-friendly: If they just give you the files for the other cars, I'm guessing it's not too impossible to mod said files to make them playable by you (without paying for them). iRacing and RaceRoom probably get around this because their game's GUI is linked directly to their store, so they can check what you've actually purchased before each race.

You also have pcars which has the kind of system too and it seems to work fine. Live for speed has already had this kind of system for 15 years although in that game you download the full game but none of the dlc cars are available in any way unless you buy them.

Technically there are many ways to do it but to me it seems the only real difficult part is the developer himself. Iracing used to be very against having this idea but eventually they still added it. It was not technical issues, the developer just changed his mind. You also had ac which absolutely refused to even think about adding anything like this. Then you have pcars2 which added it totally on their own without nobody asking (as far as I know). I'd guess with rf2 it is the same thing. If the people in charge don't want to do it then it won't happen. At least until people complain about it long enough. If they are willing to do it then for sure the technical difficulties are all solvable. Technical hurdles are solvable, but people are reluctant to change their minds.

It would be ridiculous to have to pay for this car if you already own the Vantage GT3. Even in the real world, both cars are convertible into each other, teams only have to buy one chassis.
So the two Porsches are ridiculous? the Two Separate GT3 Mclarens are ridiculous? The two BMWs are ridiculous? The privateer and factory Corvettes are ridiculous? S397 have stated the cars are licensed separately. In other words, S397 had to pay Aston Martin twice for the use of both cars. If they deliver a GT4 based on the Vantage, then S397 would have to pay again for the rights of that car(if they release a GT4 package)
And of course, the guys painting, modeling, creating physics, they all work for free and I'm sure their families can harvest cabbages to eat during the late summer months. You guys......

Well on first glance the likeness is pretty good between the PC model and the reality which is a good thing.

maxresdefault.jpg

It's good that we have a bang up to date GTE car in RF2 as well. I'll probably purchase it but I tend to race in the Prototypes more than anything.

I would love to have an official DPi mod as I think with RF2's features it would be a pretty good match, but I bet it's the usual problems of licensing. Each to their own but GT4 has never interested me so I have no desire for those, however considering the AM link maybe we'll see the GT4 version of the Vantage on RF2.

I'm not bothered by the new UI, current one works fine for me and it's stable. I can cope till the update comes along. The work in progress pictures we've all seen look very promising but it's a completely new approach so I would imagine the main issue is just stability (and lots of testing). I'd rather wait until they know for certain that it's 100% ok.

....it's been mentioned already in other news. The Nords track is a huge job and they are a small team. The original release date was to be late 2019 or early 2020. I have enough to keep me occupied for the time being. Not an issue :)

s397 will have no choice but to change the way online content works with folk who have everything ans folks who only have certain cars.
they will soon realise that some of the playerbase are too poor to buy the pack or other cars while on sale,seriously i dont know how they can afford the electricity bill if they cant afford the dlc,get a paper round folks

s397 will have no choice but to change the way online content works with folk who have everything ans folks who only have certain cars.
they will soon realise that some of the playerbase are too poor to buy the pack or other cars while on sale,seriously i dont know how they can afford the electricity bill if they cant afford the dlc,get a paper round folks
Well the average wage in Ukraine for example has only just surpassed 100$+ a month so to spend 20$ on DLC would be criminal lol, some countries globally are just poor in general compared to the rest of the world,
which needs to be considered.

I just hope, and I know I'll get TONS of disagree, that they stop with this GT only content. GT3, GTE, I know they're not really the same, but they are similar, both part of the modern GT family.

We have 2 GT3 packs and 4 GTE cars, for a total of 14, FOURTEEN cars. And they're probably going to license the GT4 cars, so even more GT cars, like there is the need for more GT.
I mean, there is a lot out there, other than GT. F1, TCR, DTM, historic just to tell 4

The GT I'd like to see? GT1 from late 90s
BTCC from the 90s would be nice

What gets boring is driving these cars on the same tracks (most of Blancpain schedule)

Hmmm not for me, not really. For the past 2 months I've put 200 hours in ACC and only 10 in rF2 (and that was to check out La Sarthe).
Having spent hundreds of hours in rF2, I never felt the same kind of immersion I get in ACC.
The amount of tracks in ACC (Blancpain schedule) might be limited but the immersion keeps driving me back.

Not to mention all the AI bugs in rF2 that remain unfixed which in part kills said immersion.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 21.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 5.7%