rFactor 2: Aston Martin GTE Confirmed!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have confirmed the awesome Aston Martin Vantage GTE will be arriving for rFactor 2 soon!

Revealing the meaning behind the cryptic 'a fourth player has joined the race' teaser recently released by the Dutch studio, today Studio 397 have confirmed the upcoming arrival of the epic Aston Martin for the GTE category of the simulation - joining the already released BMW M8, Porsche 991 RSR and Corvette C7R.

Happy days!

rF2 Aston Martin GTE.jpg

rFactor 2 is a racing simulation exclusively available for PC.

For more news from the world of rFactor 2, check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 sub forum and join in with the community discussion. If you like racing in a clean and fun environment online, why not check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 Racing Club? Get yourself in on the action!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
I like this system a lot (it's how Raceroom does it, after all), but I'd assume it can't really be done without significant changes to how rF2 as a whole works, as it would require all of the content to be installed locally at all times and also the game checking whether or not you are eligible to access that content outside of your opponents/AI using it.

Sure needs some work but isn't that what they're doing with the new UI? I'd assume that's where this should be handled. Come to think of it, who knows, maybe it's already a part of it? fingers crossed

This is what I meant. We already have 10 GT3s and 4 GTEs. I understand that the GTE field is not complete, but the GT3, there are 10, you really need others?:roflmao:

No Ferrari, no Lamborghini, no Nissan GT-R, no Lexus, no Acura/Honda NSX, no Glickenhaus(ok not really a GT3)(but......) I think we are going to have to realize that S397 is focusing on modern endurance racing. If we want historics and many other series, we'll have to depend upon modders to create much of the older/other content.
lol just saw Will beat me to it!!!

Dont they show up as a yellow block?
If you don't have all the content the server has, you can't join. So if someone combines the first GTE pack with whatever this Senna/Aston/other car/other car/ other car pack is, those with just the first pack won't be able to log on. similarly, if a user skipped the first GTE pak and only bought this upcoming new one, then they could not join any server that combines both paks. If you can find a server that ONLY has one or the other pak installed, then you will be ok.

I just hope, and I know I'll get TONS of disagree, that they stop with this GT only content. GT3, GTE, I know they're not really the same, but they are similar, both part of the modern GT family.

We have 2 GT3 packs and 4 GTE cars, for a total of 14, FOURTEEN cars. And they're probably going to license the GT4 cars, so even more GT cars, like there is the need for more GT.
I mean, there is a lot out there, other than GT. F1, TCR, DTM, historic just to tell 4

The GT I'd like to see? GT1 from late 90s
Yep, we have ACC for that.

There’s definitely no shortage of GT cars in simracing (and I prefer ACC for that anyway, which specializes in it). I wish one of the big sims would start to do something different - like recreate all of the content from GT Legends. I don’t play a lot of RF2, as the UI is such a pain, but that would drag me back in an instant.

Same. What gets boring is driving these cars on the same tracks (most of Blancpain schedule) but if you take them on tracks like VIR it's super fun. What S397 really need is tracks! Especially from US and Australia
Plus I want to race IMSA and rF2 is the only sim that offers everything that series needs at this moment (except for class order pit open under fcy) so we need some more GTs and the DPi too
At this rate rF2 will be over $1000 for new content, lol pass...

I just hope, and I know I'll get TONS of disagree, that they stop with this GT only content. GT3, GTE, I know they're not really the same, but they are similar, both part of the modern GT family.

We have 2 GT3 packs and 4 GTE cars, for a total of 14, FOURTEEN cars. And they're probably going to license the GT4 cars, so even more GT cars, like there is the need for more GT.
I mean, there is a lot out there, other than GT. F1, TCR, DTM, historic just to tell 4

The GT I'd like to see? GT1 from late 90s
But you start by saying you want them to stop with all this GT content, and then end by saying you want GT content, just from another era... :O_o:

I'm honestly just waiting for the new UI and other fixes to be implemented first before buying anymore DLC. Last I bought was the GT endurance pack along with Sebring when that came out. Got plenty of money to put into this game but not until these additions are added.

So hopefully I will purchase a load of new content in a matter of weeks rather than months

Last edited:
I guess this means that I wont be able to race the other GTE cars I bought online anymore unless I buy this new car?

I really wish more sims would adopt the method I believe only iRacing and Raceroom currently use in terms of eligibility of joining servers. You shouldn't have to own every car on the server to compete.

That said, I'm also assuming the reason why sims like RF2 don't do it is because it's mod-friendly: If they just give you the files for the other cars, I'm guessing it's not too impossible to mod said files to make them playable by you (without paying for them). iRacing and RaceRoom probably get around this because their game's GUI is linked directly to their store, so they can check what you've actually purchased before each race.

One thing that really grinds my gears is the lack of adjustable gears in RACE CARS! The S397 GT cars deserve adjustable gears because they are race cars! And all the Formula cars too!
The GT3 gears are fixed by rule, not by lack of options in the garage.
The Tatuus are built to very specific league parameters. Thus no refueling for most of the cars, and gearboxes may be locked as well. I'd have to scan the various cars to be certain so I'm just guessing for now.

Last edited:
It's a double edged sword though. They need the money to work on the sim, but it they dont sell content where will the money come from?
We have already seen how good the content can be, Sebring and Le Mans - I'm looking at you, that surely it's worth it to purchase the content, get good cars and tracks whilst helping to fund the monumental task that Marcel and S397 have taken on.
I for one, in the most humble of personal opinions believe the above and that they are worth the investment

It becomes a problem to be forced to have all of the cars which are possible to drive on a server. Result is less players.

I think I will wait now until the new UI and comp system is released. I have to as rF2 is not runing anymore since the last windows update :rolleyes:

I'd say this was a bit overhyped, considering it's just a version of the already existing GT3 car. While I love rF2 and had some good fun with the free Tatuus cars recently, I see myself scarcely playing it anymore, and I am less and less convinced to invest in further, rather expensively priced DLCs. Not to mention the system where you have to buy all cars in a class to be eligible to race in that class (sorry, I'm really not consoled by the technical difficulties preventing a simple and fair, R3E-like system). ACC is starting to become a more rewarding experience for me when I want complex offline racing and a proper selection of GTs, while SRS + AC is the place to go when I'm yearning for some hop-on online action, which is non-existent in rF2. I really appreciate what s397 had done since taking over the project, but the title is constantly straying away from me. This is one personal opinion of course, I'm still hoping for a bright future of the title, and wish good fun for all who like this direction.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back