rFactor 2: Aston Martin GTE Confirmed!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have confirmed the awesome Aston Martin Vantage GTE will be arriving for rFactor 2 soon!

Revealing the meaning behind the cryptic 'a fourth player has joined the race' teaser recently released by the Dutch studio, today Studio 397 have confirmed the upcoming arrival of the epic Aston Martin for the GTE category of the simulation - joining the already released BMW M8, Porsche 991 RSR and Corvette C7R.

Happy days!

rF2 Aston Martin GTE.jpg

rFactor 2 is a racing simulation exclusively available for PC.

For more news from the world of rFactor 2, check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 sub forum and join in with the community discussion. If you like racing in a clean and fun environment online, why not check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 Racing Club? Get yourself in on the action!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
We have 2 GT3 packs and 4 GTE cars, for a total of 14, FOURTEEN cars. And they're probably going to license the GT4 cars, so even more GT cars, like there is the need for more GT.
I mean, there is a lot out there, other than GT. F1, TCR, DTM, historic just to tell 4

The GT I'd like to see? GT1 from late 90s

You are aware S397 released a lot of high quality historic F1 cars over the last year? As for the others there are excellent (some paid) high quality mods...only GT1 is missing but ya can't get it all...

I am happy with this release and my wallet is always open for S397 for new DLC content, it is also my way to support S397 to keep improving RF2.

Yeah, TCR would be great. GT4 would only work as grid fillers for offline racers so imo the modding guys should do these, community wouldn't use these GT4 online that much except for the single maker ones like Cayman and Gineta. But that's just my opinion

Big fan of the car, it'll be a insta buy for me.

Now to the not so good stuff.
In this case I was going to get the car either way. But lets say the car wasn't interesting to me at all, like the BMW, I don't care for that car at all. I'd still have to buy it if I wanted to join a GTE race online.

I'm already invested so it would be foolish now to get the car but there will be more cars after that-
This will slowly become a huge paywall for new players who're looking to join the fun.

I wish that you either could join a race as long as you had the car (and track) YOU are going to drive. Or if you get the pack, all future additions should be free. The pack would naturally have to be a bit more expensive, but I'd rather pay a bit more up front than having this feeling that I'm being tricked in to something didn't realize was going on before it's too late.

It's OK for now, just worried about the future.

I wish that you either could join a race as long as you had the car (and track) YOU are going to drive
I like this system a lot (it's how Raceroom does it, after all), but I'd assume it can't really be done without significant changes to how rF2 as a whole works, as it would require all of the content to be installed locally at all times and also the game checking whether or not you are eligible to access that content outside of your opponents/AI using it.

S397 are doing what they need to, in order to raise funds to further advance the product, going with the popular choices of series is a no brainer in this early stage of s397s tenure.
I do hope for more tracks, which I know will come, they just take longer to produce than a car.
Truthfully I think there are bigger fish to worry about, that need netting, than mwoar gt3.
Hopefully we will see faster improvements and fixes to the core, once this dang ui is released and updated enough.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%