• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured rFactor 2: Aston Martin GTE Confirmed!

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Paul Jeffrey, Aug 14, 2019 at 20:24.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +23,009

Studio 397 have confirmed the awesome Aston Martin Vantage GTE will be arriving for rFactor 2 soon!

Revealing the meaning behind the cryptic 'a fourth player has joined the race' teaser recently released by the Dutch studio, today Studio 397 have confirmed the upcoming arrival of the epic Aston Martin for the GTE category of the simulation - joining the already released BMW M8, Porsche 991 RSR and Corvette C7R.

Happy days!

rF2 Aston Martin GTE.jpg

rFactor 2 is a racing simulation exclusively available for PC.

For more news from the world of rFactor 2, check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 sub forum and join in with the community discussion. If you like racing in a clean and fun environment online, why not check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 Racing Club? Get yourself in on the action!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019 at 21:11
    • Love Love x 27
    • Like Like x 15
    • Haha Haha x 2
  2. thepharcyde

thepharcyde

Ratings:
    +294
    Wonderful, new content - when are we going to see some enhancements to the base game, cough UI, cough AI, cough realism of cockpit lights. too many things lagging here

• Agree Agree x 52
    • Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Like Like x 5
  3. Ulti11

Ulti11

Ratings:
    +8
    Cant wait to pay for a car that I already have, just different coding and available in another class. Dope

• Agree x 27
    • Disagree x 12
    • Haha x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Beer x 1
  4. MarcG

MarcG
    Premium

Ratings:
    +712
    Who doesn't love an Aston Martin? FOOLS that's who!

Great addition to a Great Pack of cars and Le Mans and Sebring and Bathurst (just because) and <insert your fave track here>!

Bring it on.

• Disagree x 5
    • Like x 4
    • Agree x 3
    • Love x 1
    • Beer x 1
  5. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo

Ratings:
    +787
    it's worse in real life, the upgrade pack cost $500,000 :roflmao:

• Haha Haha x 22
    • Beer Beer x 11
    • Like Like x 2
  6. The Walker

The Walker

Ratings:
    +47
    I just hope, and I know I'll get TONS of disagree, that they stop with this GT only content. GT3, GTE, I know they're not really the same, but they are similar, both part of the modern GT family.

We have 2 GT3 packs and 4 GTE cars, for a total of 14, FOURTEEN cars. And they're probably going to license the GT4 cars, so even more GT cars, like there is the need for more GT.
    I mean, there is a lot out there, other than GT. F1, TCR, DTM, historic just to tell 4

The GT I'd like to see? GT1 from late 90s

• Agree Agree x 30
    • Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  7. The Walker

The Walker

Ratings:
    +47
    Oh, I forgot to mention the Group C, which is historic, but deserves to be mentioned

• Agree Agree x 7
  8. VernWozza

VernWozza
    Premium

Ratings:
    +356
    I think I might be in the minority here but I would like even more GT3 cars. I love the variety in the field. I appreciate that's not a popular opinion.

• Agree Agree x 31
    • Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  9. M D Gourley

M D Gourley
    Premium

Ratings:
    +959
    I'll take that:thumbsup: wallet open on the starting grid already:D

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. SamuelSouza

SamuelSouza

Ratings:
    +6
    A new UI I can get behind, but cockpit lights against new content? Aren't you being a little petty?

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. thepharcyde

thepharcyde

Ratings:
    +294
    I'm a real RF2 fan, but think ratio of paid content vs base game updates is getting further and further diluted

• Agree Agree x 42
    • Like Like x 1
  12. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson

Ratings:
    +4,105
    On first glance, that model looks markedly better than their GT3 counterpart. Hope to see some close up pics with the cockpit too, hope that is a huge improvement also.
    :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Easty

Easty

Ratings:
    +7
    I guess this means that I wont be able to race the other GTE cars I bought online anymore unless I buy this new car?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Haha Haha x 1
  14. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo

Ratings:
    +787
    Same. What gets boring is driving these cars on the same tracks (most of Blancpain schedule) but if you take them on tracks like VIR it's super fun. What S397 really need is tracks! Especially from US and Australia
    Plus I want to race IMSA and rF2 is the only sim that offers everything that series needs at this moment (except for class order pit open under fcy) so we need some more GTs and the DPi too

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  15. eg01st

eg01st

Ratings:
    +254
    I don't even know anymore what "soon" means to S397...Still waiting for that new UI and Nordschleife.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019 at 15:25
    • Agree Agree x 9
    • Beer Beer x 4
  16. The Walker

The Walker

Ratings:
    +47
    This is what I meant. We already have 10 GT3s and 4 GTEs. I understand that the GTE field is not complete, but the GT3, there are 10, you really need others?:roflmao:

17. Michael Tobin

Michael Tobin

Ratings:
    +7
    To be fair they just released a number of tatuus open wheel cars for free plus the older Mclaren formula cars and then there is the formula E so it certainly isn't all GT cars! The more cars in one class the better for me for variety!

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  18. Gevatter

Gevatter
    The James May of Simracing Premium

Ratings:
    +273
    I was hoping it would still be the old model... ah well, any Aston Martin is better than none. Now I'm hoping for some more historic content :redface:

19. The Walker

The Walker

Ratings:
    +47
    Yes, but looking at the future I think the GT4 class will be introduced (in the interview Marcel said that one between GT4 and TCR was coming, tbh I see the GT4 more likely to come since it seems more popular). So in that case even more GTs:roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo

Ratings:
    +787
    Ferrari, Lambo, Nissan, NSX, Lexus. Some popular brands still not in the game These already make a pack
    Then the new Bentley :D

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.