rF2: The Big Interview - Submit Your Questions Here

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rFactor 2 Le Mans Previe.jpg

We are soon going to interview Marcel Offermans, the head of Studio 397 and the rFactor 2 racing simulation, and we want your questions!

The last few months have seen a whirlwind of development and improvements for rFactor 2, with some significant changes to the simulation taking place as well as a number of high profile car and track licence announcements - not least of which is the legendary combination of the Nordschleife and Le Mans 24 Hour circuits coming to the title.

Following on from the successful Automobilista 2 interview, I'm looking to tour round all the major developers and have a word about how things are going in their respective simulations - starting with a discussion with Studio 397 and their rFactor 2 racing title.

In order to ensure we get to the bottom of the questions our community want to know, I'm asking you to submit your questions for Marcel in the comments section below, and I'll do my best to ask as many of them as possible when we have a discussion next week.

Feel free to submit a question about anything and everything you always wanted to know about rFactor 2 in the comments section below!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Regarding Physics, both iRacing and RaceRoom now feature advanced drive-train models to represent physical behavior that includes oscillation and torsional-flex of the various drive components (in addition to gear-lash). Of course, new technology complicates things further but, it seems like such a fundamental feature that should be included in any simulation today. Are there plans to develop and advance the drive-train model in rF2?

Big TAHNKS to Racedepartment for this great opportunity
Good questions were already ask.
One thing I'm looking forward beside the new UI and its competition system is the announced integration of Motec in the simulation.
Is there already any progress on this, and can the main output channels be shown in the upcoming UI or is it an export tool like DAMPlugin?

Source of the planned Motec integration:
https://www.studio-397.com/2018/05/roadmap-update-may-2018/

Everyone been asking more or less the same question about mainly games features such as graphics,physics,UI,etc
So I would like to know what is the plan in term of new features priority? For example is it UI, track and cars, graphics and optimisation or it's all of theses combined.
Roadmap gives us good info on that, but it still would be great to hear this from Marcel himself.
Second, I ve read carefully all the roadmaps about the UI and it looks very promising, but you guys found a lot of bugs when developping it. Isi made a great sim, but not very easy to work with. After theses new updates to improve visuals and game optimisation to a stable version and more compatible for you guys, will you be able to make more accurate cars (visually ex.Traction loss/braking lock lights like in the GTE) and tracks (if there is something the game prevented you to do) at a faster rate?(especially for tracks)

I remember that when rf2 was announced, ISI introduced various classes of cars and tracks - super trucks, dirt ovals, rally cross, buggy, etc. Is there a chance in the future to see not only the ring road races?

these would be my main questons

what are your plans on updating the older content, that's now not in the same quality as the newest content? any chance of getting help form modders ? - in a sense, would this even be allowed for licensed content or would you have to go through re-approval and what not.

what updates for modding / content creation tools are you planning - if any ? and especially , anything that could assist in modding and make it bit easier. I personally find rf2 modding quite a bit more tricky then what is possible for Assetto Corsa , which is quite straight forward

some time ago you mentioned that you are considering a platform where modders could sell their mods for revenue, and you would be helping with negotiating the licenses / contracts. Is something along these lines still planned ?

Can S397 please fix the Ai? The throttle/brake cornering is a complete immersion killer :(

Can S397 please finish all released content before moving on to new unfinished content? I realize you need money but people are holding off buying existing DLC because they know it is not finished. You will make more money having DLC finished upon release than having it go out half baked and rely on updates. People hate that!

Can S397 please update the sound of the sim?

Do they plan to finish the monaco circuit, and deliver the complete monaco gp?

The monaco eprix is good, but it's a very short track and lacks 2/3 of monaco gp, including the most mytics parts. If they had delivered the full version of monaco for a few more bucks I think people would be happy to pay for it.

With Sebring, Nordsleife, Le Mans and Monaco (that no sim has laserscanned yet) rf2 would start to have a good representation of the most iconic tracks.

Are there mid-to-long term plans for more structured multiplayer infrastructure like iRacing/SRS? Even if that means integrating with SRS or teaming up with other sims to get it done.

If not, why not? What is the vision of the devs without modern structured multiplayer systems?

I read through the posts, don't think this has been asked yet, apologies if I missed it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back