rF2 Simhub Overlays

Misc rF2 Simhub Overlays v2.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Version 1.9.10 works very well. I hope it will be fixed as soon as a new version comes out, but every time, only the FFB monitor works.
Hi there

Just checked my overlays, they work as per normal:
1699043292679.png

If you goto SimHub > Available Properties, and type in the values, you should see some values...

1699043568179.png

1699043553384.png

1699043583544.png

Also, make sure you have the Controllers Plugin enabled:
1699043665418.png

Attachments

• 1699043520920.png
    1699043520920.png
    55.3 KB · Views: 36
R00b_Driver updated rF2 Simhub Overlays with a new update entry:

QOL Updates and New Overlay

Various quality of life improvements.

* Found some odd behaviour when joining the new rF2 Online service, which was causing issues under the hood in the plugin.
Hope to have solved those now - if you see any odd behaviour then let me know.
Please update to the latest Plugin Version 1.4

* 'rF2 - Relative Car Ahead' now shows a blue flag for lapped driver (with driver name also in blue)

* Various tyres added (for tyre indication on 'rF2 - Tyre Status' overlay and 'rF2 -...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello! I hidden the cockpit HUD to have only your overlay but now I miss the menu to setup my pit stop. Any help on this?

Thank you very much!

Hello! I hidden the cockpit HUD to have only your overlay but now I miss the menu to setup my pit stop. Any help on this?

Thank you very much!
You can have both, as I do.

So I have my overlays running and can also access the in game pitstop overlay.

Can't remember my settings exactly.
I think I bound a button to open the pit menu, which pops open the overlay.
Can't remember the name of it, but if you have a look through the options you'll find it.

Also, make sure you have the message centre enabled, as you need this to see various messages the game spits out.

Hi there

View attachment 705056

If you goto SimHub > Available Properties, and type in the values, you should see some values...

View attachment 705060

View attachment 705059

View attachment 705061

View attachment 705062
I get it. I'll check it out.
Is the FFB gauge colored black?
Before, it was easy to check because it was white, but because it was black, it may not have been visible.

Awesome update!

One issue I ran into: I can't seem to add the green lights overlay. I click the green + button in the SimHub overlay editor window but it doesn't appear. Is this a plugin issue or a SimHub issue?

Thanks!

Awesome update!

One issue I ran into: I can't seem to add the green lights overlay. I click the green + button in the SimHub overlay editor window but it doesn't appear. Is this a plugin issue or a SimHub issue?

Thanks!
Hi dude.

It only appears when you are in the main race, so not practice or qualy.

Plus, I've found an issue with the Car in front overlay- blblue flags are a bit hit and miss.

Hopefully push an update to that tonight.

Hi there

View attachment 705056

View attachment 705060

View attachment 705059

View attachment 705061

View attachment 705062
Hello.

I have consulted the parameters you mention and I have verified that it reads them, but in the game they continue to appear with a long delay.
Adding data licenses your copy of SimHub.
It's like it only reads the data like every 5 or 10 seconds. and at that moment it will show everything it has in the buffer.
I don't know if there are any options in the "player.json" file that have to be edited?
I don't know, it has me confused...
Greetings and thanks for your great work.

Hello.

I have consulted the parameters you mention and I have verified that it reads them, but in the game they continue to appear with a long delay.
Adding data licenses your copy of SimHub.
It's like it only reads the data like every 5 or 10 seconds. and at that moment it will show everything it has in the buffer.
I don't know if there are any options in the "player.json" file that have to be edited?
I don't know, it has me confused...
Greetings and thanks for your great work.
No changes in the player.json file that I know of.

It just works on my end.

Maybe head over to the SimHub discord and ask the people there?

No changes in the player.json file that I know of.

It just works on my end.

Maybe head over to the SimHub discord and ask the people there?
One curious thing I noticed is that I was running this week's Rfactor2 combination of Ferrari+Brandshatch and that's where it seems to have the most problems. Later I tried Radical+LineRock and in this combination it seems to update a little faster. It seems that it may be in the case of a particular car or circuit.
I will continue testing and I will leave you a comment if I detect any pattern.
Thank you.

heeeyy R00b_Driver, glad to see that you are still updating this overlay my man!! Great work!! I am revisiting rf2 because of the online feature and now about the overlay lag, I noticed something very interesting that if I set rfactor2 to run at 60HZ in the Graphics Setting launcher at Steam, everything works smoothly. As soon as I put that to above 60hz (I have a 144hz UW) and the overlay stutters so bad (same if I use other overlay/dashboard)

So I dont know if it is a rf2 or a simhub issue sadly :(

heeeyy R00b_Driver, glad to see that you are still updating this overlay my man!! Great work!! I am revisiting rf2 because of the online feature and now about the overlay lag, I noticed something very interesting that if I set rfactor2 to run at 60HZ in the Graphics Setting launcher at Steam, everything works smoothly. As soon as I put that to above 60hz (I have a 144hz UW) and the overlay stutters so bad (same if I use other overlay/dashboard)

So I dont know if it is a rf2 or a simhub issue sadly :(
Sheesh, that's a new one to me.

Not sure what to suggest.

In run a 49" 1440p at around 100...130FPS, and everything is pretty smooth, so wonder if its an rF2 settings thing...

Sheesh, that's a new one to me.

Not sure what to suggest.

In run a 49" 1440p at around 100...130FPS, and everything is pretty smooth, so wonder if its an rF2 settings thing...
I think I have found a "solution"......I disabled the Freesync on my Dell UW monitor OSD and ta-da!! Everything works now with the overlay regardless of what sync and Hz I set in rf2, so weird!!!! lol

Hey, thanks for your work, it's huge! I have one issue with the leaderboard, only my country flag is displayed, nothing else. My position is right, but the name or lap time etc. are not displayed, any idea? I have the latest version, same for the plugin & simhub.

Attachments

• IMG_7327.jpg
    IMG_7327.jpg
    783.1 KB · Views: 33

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering