• Guest, RaceDepartment is now on Discord!  Join Here

rF2 | Radical SR3 XX Released

John-Eric Saxén

1000RPM
Premium
Jan 31, 2010
Exactly, perspectives and value. Why people criticize rF2 DLCs is the value. rF2 is not alone in the market and if you get stuff elsewhere for far less, why bother getting an rF2 DLC. Sure, S397 needs money to keep going, but if the prices were more competitive, I, personally, wouldn't mind getting some content.

If it's worth it to you, good. If it's not worth it to some, understandable in my opinion.
But that's the good thing about having a free market, there are now a long list of sims to choose from with plenty of DLC's. If the prices of rF2 are not competitive, their sales will reduce, which will prompt S397 to lower prices. Don't you think every company has considered this in their price calculations?

Reactions: Ace King

DaVeX↯

1000RPM
Jul 23, 2015
Someone knows if they updated the old model to current rF2 standards before releasing the same car with slightly updated specs?
Just because I tried to enjoy the free Radical but due to bugs and not being updated I couldn't and before giving my money for the (basically) same car I would like to know if they are going to update the old one too in order to properly test it.

Mar 14, 2011
But that's the good thing about having a free market, there are now a long list of sims to choose from with plenty of DLC's. If the prices of rF2 are not competitive, their sales will reduce, which will prompt S397 to lower prices. Don't you think every company has considered this in their price calculations?
Sure, it's their free choice to charge what they want. The prices in rF2 are not competitive, but if the core userbase that buys them is enough for them, they have no reason to lower the prices. I think if those prices were, let's say half, more than twice the people would buy those stuff. But that's only my subjective opinion and I have nothing to base it on, so it has pretty much no value in this discussion.

Reactions: 2stains

giga1tr

75RPM
Premium
Jan 1, 2017
ye in a way you are right but why do the same people always complain about the price and why they tell every time that they wont buy it , if you wont buy it then just dont say anything . S397 ACC iracing AMS they al spend money in creating cars , laserscanned tracks etcetera and always the same people complaining about it . What you expect that al those companies work for free and spend their money to give people like that everything fo FREE , you work for free too ?
so you need a reality check also
I don't want anything for free. That's why I buy every content from every Sim (AC, ACC, AMS, AMS2, R3E etc.). I know how much hard work these guys are doing for our hobby. But RF2 is getting tedious. I just bought the Ferrari (and I'm thrilled) and now they bring something to buy again. For me it is tedious.
And your opinion about Premium Members:sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

doddynco

25RPM
Oct 9, 2017
Exactly, perspectives and value. Why people criticize rF2 DLCs is the value. rF2 is not alone in the market and if you get stuff elsewhere for far less, why bother getting an rF2 DLC. Sure, S397 needs money to keep going, but if the prices were more competitive, I, personally, wouldn't mind getting some content.

If it's worth it to you, good. If it's not worth it to some, understandable in my opinion.
You can't get RF2 content elsewhere.

doddynco

25RPM
Oct 9, 2017
I don't want anything for free. That's why I buy every content from every Sim (AC, ACC, AMS, AMS2, R3E etc.). I know how much hard work these guys are doing for our hobby. But RF2 is getting tedious. I just bought the Ferrari (and I'm thrilled) and now they bring something to buy again. For me it is tedious.
And your opinion about Premium Members:sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:
'I buy every content from every Sim (AC, ACC, AMS, AMS2, R3E etc.). ' I'm sorry but, what on earth is your point this is ridiculous haha.

It's like saying ' there's so much choice at my local supermarket, how on earth do they expect me to buy everything and fit it in my car? Grrrrr

You've only got your self to blame.

Reactions: atomed

Farrow_21

100RPM
Aug 8, 2017
I notice that from the people that are complaining about a few euro or $ for cars and tracks, that the most off them are also not premium members from Racedepartment , I didnt wanna reply but you made ma do it .
Sorry im not good enough for your standards. My membership is freshly expired & have been a premium member the past two years.

Evi

25RPM
Premium
Apr 23, 2017
For guys complaining about DLC price. Just checked price of single car mod from URD - it's 4 EUR. That's for a car made from data based on educated guess. (and no license payments. khmm... just saying)
Officially licensed car from factory data - 4.99 EUR.
So, I'd say S397 prices are really ok.

doddynco

25RPM
Oct 9, 2017
Because they also have their strengths just as rF2 has its. But in your case, if only rF2 makes you happy, these prices must be worth it.
I haven't bought it. I'm glad it's there and one day I might do.

You must have a decent computer, some nice sim hardware. It's £5, so basically, if you want it, you can get it. There are hours and hours to spend learning and taming a new car.

Reactions: atomed and girlnum8

DonZmeuheu

100RPM
Feb 2, 2019
I like the Radical....thank you S. 397:)

But why all these people moanin about the price of 5 Bucks? My question to all of you....when you walk around on the street...maybe getting hungry and dont have 5 bucks for a hamburger....do you guys walk into a MC Donalds and are mad about the people who work there and ask why the burger isn't for free. I mean I dont get your point. When you cant afford it dont buy it. Simple as that;)

Cote Dazur

SIM Addict
May 21, 2013
A renowned SIM, considered by some like the best SIM on the market is releasing new content, this should be good news no matter what. We should all be happy for those who are interested in that content and are looking forward to install it in their SIM.
Personally I have no interest because RF2 is not my cup of tea, but when some content is available for what I rather drive, it makes me happy and the cost, I am lucky that way, is never an issue. Usually content is the cheapest component of all the elements I need to indulge in my addiction to SIM racing.
Let’s all celebrate this golden age of SIM racing when we all have too much to choose from and never enough time to be completely satisfied or even worst start to get bored.

Last edited:

Mike Kadlcak

100RPM
Jul 23, 2015
For guys complaining about DLC price. Just checked price of single car mod from URD - it's 4 EUR. That's for a car made from data based on educated guess. (and no license payments. khmm... just saying)
Officially licensed car from factory data - 4.99 EUR.
So, I'd say S397 prices are really ok.
Why would you compare it to some overprized modders?
What about Kunos DLCs where you had bunch of cars and a track for under 7Euro and they worked with the Engineers like Porshe/Ferrari to bring us quality.

muzikant

1000RPM
Apr 19, 2010
I think it is a nice car. a few laps on the Nord, some curves you can really take full throttle. Swedenkreuz ... which is really nice. fast little devil. And Monaco feels like a go kart. I'm happy with it

Oldzeb

250RPM
May 26, 2018
great little car really fun to drive, good fun on the serv of S397, I love it!
I wouldn't talk about the usual trolls who don't know what to say to dismantle rf2 seriously attack on the price of a 5euros car...pitiful...it's the end really...:roflmao: