rF2 | Radical SR3 XX Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have been incredibly busy of late, having today confirmed their third piece of content for the simulation in quick succession.

The brand new Radical SR3 XX joins the recently released New York E-Prix and Ferrari 488 GTE within the simulation, and is available to purchase with immediate effect from the rF2 Steam Store, for around £4.50.

From the release post:

There’s been a lot of announcements and fresh new content to play with lately, but we’re far from finished. Today it is time to introduce you to a truly unique choice for race drivers, combining everything you want in a race car. Fast, lightweight, nimble and with the looks to ensure that you won’t go unnoticed on any server.

Our world is an evolving and developing place. Motorsport is continuously moving forward. So is sim racing and technology in general. To be a front runner, you have to always stay on top of this movement. Being up the front is exactly where the new Radical SR3 XX belongs. It’s not just a faster but also a smarter car! So we are proud to collaborate with Radical Sportscars on its launch. You can read all about it on their website: the world’s best selling race car just got smarter!

rF2 Radical 1.jpg
rF2 Radical 2.jpg
rF2 Radical 3.jpg

The SR3 XX is the evolution of the best-selling race car in the world, the SR3 which was first introduced in 2001. While the styling mostly remained untouched with just a few key elements setting the XX apart from its predecessor, underneath it’s an all new track weapon.

Radical knows that not just the car needs to evolve to be quicker, but that also drivers need the best tools to move forward and develop themselves. That’s the reason for all the new bits and pieces mainly by provided by AiM. The first thing noticed by drivers as most prominent change is probably the new steering wheel. A brand new Formula style steering wheel, fully packed with technology normally only found in high-level single-seaters and Le Mans Prototypes. Functioning basically as the HUB, the new AiM steering wheel now gives the driver access to all kind of new functionalities to access, evaluate and analyze data, helping to improve on track.

The fresh SR3 XX is still powered by the 4th Gen RPE-Suzuki engine including a dry sump oil system as standard. The power plant is hooked up to a six-speed sequential gearbox with paddle shift and auto-blip function, a Quaife limited-slip differential taking care of getting enough traction out of the corner.

With only 620 kg total weight, the Radical SR3 XX is the perfect tool to carve your way through all kind of combinations of corners.

You can buy the car now in our Steam Store! We will be hosting a launch event later today, details of which are towards the bottom of the announcement on Radical’s site.

Original Source: Studio 397

rFactor 2 is available exclusively on PC.

Want to know how to get the best from the sim? Start a thread in the rFactor 2 sub forum and let our community offer you the benefit of their massive combined experience.

rF2 Radical 4.jpg

Exactly, perspectives and value. Why people criticize rF2 DLCs is the value. rF2 is not alone in the market and if you get stuff elsewhere for far less, why bother getting an rF2 DLC. Sure, S397 needs money to keep going, but if the prices were more competitive, I, personally, wouldn't mind getting some content.

If it's worth it to you, good. If it's not worth it to some, understandable in my opinion.

But that's the good thing about having a free market, there are now a long list of sims to choose from with plenty of DLC's. If the prices of rF2 are not competitive, their sales will reduce, which will prompt S397 to lower prices. Don't you think every company has considered this in their price calculations?

But that's the good thing about having a free market, there are now a long list of sims to choose from with plenty of DLC's. If the prices of rF2 are not competitive, their sales will reduce, which will prompt S397 to lower prices. Don't you think every company has considered this in their price calculations?
Sure, it's their free choice to charge what they want. The prices in rF2 are not competitive, but if the core userbase that buys them is enough for them, they have no reason to lower the prices. I think if those prices were, let's say half, more than twice the people would buy those stuff. But that's only my subjective opinion and I have nothing to base it on, so it has pretty much no value in this discussion.

ye in a way you are right but why do the same people always complain about the price and why they tell every time that they wont buy it , if you wont buy it then just dont say anything . S397 ACC iracing AMS they al spend money in creating cars , laserscanned tracks etcetera and always the same people complaining about it . What you expect that al those companies work for free and spend their money to give people like that everything fo FREE , you work for free too ?
so you need a reality check also

I don't want anything for free. That's why I buy every content from every Sim (AC, ACC, AMS, AMS2, R3E etc.). I know how much hard work these guys are doing for our hobby. But RF2 is getting tedious. I just bought the Ferrari (and I'm thrilled) and now they bring something to buy again. For me it is tedious.
And your opinion about Premium Members:sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

Exactly, perspectives and value. Why people criticize rF2 DLCs is the value. rF2 is not alone in the market and if you get stuff elsewhere for far less, why bother getting an rF2 DLC. Sure, S397 needs money to keep going, but if the prices were more competitive, I, personally, wouldn't mind getting some content.

If it's worth it to you, good. If it's not worth it to some, understandable in my opinion.
You can't get RF2 content elsewhere.

I don't want anything for free. That's why I buy every content from every Sim (AC, ACC, AMS, AMS2, R3E etc.). I know how much hard work these guys are doing for our hobby. But RF2 is getting tedious. I just bought the Ferrari (and I'm thrilled) and now they bring something to buy again. For me it is tedious.
And your opinion about Premium Members:sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:
'I buy every content from every Sim (AC, ACC, AMS, AMS2, R3E etc.). ' I'm sorry but, what on earth is your point this is ridiculous haha.

It's like saying ' there's so much choice at my local supermarket, how on earth do they expect me to buy everything and fit it in my car? Grrrrr

You've only got your self to blame.

Because they also have their strengths just as rF2 has its. But in your case, if only rF2 makes you happy, these prices must be worth it.
I haven't bought it. I'm glad it's there and one day I might do.

You must have a decent computer, some nice sim hardware. It's £5, so basically, if you want it, you can get it. There are hours and hours to spend learning and taming a new car.

I like the Radical....thank you S. 397:)

But why all these people moanin about the price of 5 Bucks? My question to all of you....when you walk around on the street...maybe getting hungry and dont have 5 bucks for a hamburger....do you guys walk into a MC Donalds and are mad about the people who work there and ask why the burger isn't for free. I mean I dont get your point. When you cant afford it dont buy it. Simple as that;)

A renowned SIM, considered by some like the best SIM on the market is releasing new content, this should be good news no matter what. We should all be happy for those who are interested in that content and are looking forward to install it in their SIM.
Personally I have no interest because RF2 is not my cup of tea, but when some content is available for what I rather drive, it makes me happy and the cost, I am lucky that way, is never an issue. Usually content is the cheapest component of all the elements I need to indulge in my addiction to SIM racing.
Let’s all celebrate this golden age of SIM racing when we all have too much to choose from and never enough time to be completely satisfied or even worst start to get bored.

Last edited:
For guys complaining about DLC price. Just checked price of single car mod from URD - it's 4 EUR. That's for a car made from data based on educated guess. (and no license payments. khmm... just saying)
Officially licensed car from factory data - 4.99 EUR.
So, I'd say S397 prices are really ok.

Why would you compare it to some overprized modders?
What about Kunos DLCs where you had bunch of cars and a track for under 7Euro and they worked with the Engineers like Porshe/Ferrari to bring us quality.

great little car really fun to drive, good fun on the serv of S397, I love it!
I wouldn't talk about the usual trolls who don't know what to say to dismantle rf2 seriously attack on the price of a 5euros car...pitiful...it's the end really...:roflmao:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 337 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 467 39.0%