rF2: Porsche GT3 Cup Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
GT3Cup.jpg

Hot on the heels of the legendary Nurburgring Nordschleife DLC, Studio 397 have released the lovely Porsche GT3 Cup car for the simulation.

Continuing a growing trend of Porsche cars showing up in sim racing games, Studio 397 have added a new model to the range of vehicles already in the title.. adding the GT3 Cup as a standalone series as part of their weekend of new content releases for the simulation.

Starting the weekend celebrations in style with a laserscanned version of the German Nordschleife circuit on Thursday 26th September, Studio 397 then followed that up with a release for the Porsche GT3 Cup, available now for £4.42 from the rFactor 2 Steam Store page.

Apologies for the late posting, been a bit busy out of country with the SRO E-Sport GT Series grand finale.

So folks, what do you think of this content combination?

rFactor 2 is a racing simulation exclusively available for PC.

For more news from the world of rFactor 2, check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 sub forum and join in with the community discussion. If you like racing in a clean and fun environment online, why not check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 Racing Club? Get yourself in on the action!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
it is ISI's strange way of counting. The setting is Toe in. So if you want the setting to produce a Toe In situation, you use positive numbers. and to get Toe Out, you use negative numbers. So when working on the HDV(not in-game in the garage) to get the front Toed Out, Negative values are used. i.e -2.38. Actual Toe-In uses positive values so having the rear In, means you would choose a setting like1.88.(positive)

RE-EDITED POST

You use Toe Out on the front
...it is for better turn-in! Negative numbers. It always was.

You use Toe-in on the rear...for better stability! Positive numbers. Also here, it was never different.

In more than 15 Years of sim racing, i have rarely encountered something else, because it makes no sense in most cases.
settings to be negative and negative
EDIT: WHAIT WHAT? Negative Values at the rear? That is wrong indeed, this isn't the standard setup procedure. EDIT2: I was confusing something, but this is definetly not right and also not that way in the standard setup.

You are definetly right, that negative on the rear shouldn't be and it is not the way to go...

There was a misunderstanding within my reading, sorry :D

Last edited:
it is ISI's strange way of counting. The setting is Toe in. So if you want the setting to produce a Toe In situation, you use positive numbers. and to get Toe Out, you use negative numbers.
I've been doing wheel alignments for years irl and toe out IS negative and toe in Is positive irl at least here in Australia and in all literature we used for teaching ;)

Forum guys / simracers that never drove a race car be like:
"Porsche CUP is hard to master! So stop crying about it's difficulty..."
Usually thinking that taming such a beast makes them almost godlike and someone pretend to be in place of Lando Norris.
Bullshit guys... This car is made for people who pay to race at weekends. Most of the championships consists of drivers who pays, not payed ones. And it's not that hard in real life. Few of my Time-Attack fellows took part in Porsche Cup racing this season. It's absolutely far from this undrivable monsters that we have in iR and rF2 now. Yes they have a lot in common, like front axle load with braking in corners, trail braking, etc. Still they are not that hard to handle as guys says. Sudden spins can happen only when your rear slicks meet some real dirt/sand/liquids or your camber setup is ruined by mechanics. And team usually supply drivers with descent setup for a track they race at. Brakes don't lock if you hit pedal 0.0004% more than it requires.
P.S. Stop thinking through a prism of statement: "more difficult to drive = more realistic". ;)
P.S.S. When tires are up to work temps - rF2 P Cup is pretty good to drive. As for me much better than iR variation.

I've been doing wheel alignments for years irl and toe out IS negative and toe in Is positive irl at least here in Australia and in all literature we used for teaching ;)
yes, you ARE correct. TOE OUT is positive in the real world. But ISI didn't use the term Toe Out, They use the term TOE IN. So for the purpose of the math in rF2, TOE OUT uses negative values because it is the opposite of Toe In. Think of it this way. If they want TOE IN, then those #s are positive. Toe out might be referred to as NOT Toe In. So purely for math inside the sim 'NOT Toe In' is calculated with negative numbers. Toe In = Positive. NOT Toe In = Negative. (Toe Out)
If you want the front tires placed in a Toe Out alignment, the setup screen will show a # like -2.34. And if you want the same value in the rear, but aligned towards Toe IN, then positive numbers will show up on the setup screen as a positive value. 2.34.
Sorry 'bout the bold text, I was getting confused even just writing that, so I hoped to clarify the post.

Last edited:
So after spending some time with this car, I had initially struggled to keep it pointing the right way trying to keep up pace with the AI. I liked the challenge of the car but it wasn't difficult to drive at my own pace. After taking on board some of the set-up adjustments recommended here and elsewhere I had a great race yesterday, qualifying 7th and finishing 1st with 100% AI.

People saying this car is difficult are actually saying, this car takes a lot more focus and concentration to drive than a car planted with ABS and TC.

There is nothing difficult about the car, you just cannot let your concentration waiver from the line & inputs. In an age where we live with decreasing attention spans, I can see how this maybe a struggle for some but you can also treat is as a good workout for the mind :)

And the argument about amateurs driving this car don't find it this difficult when they race in RL...I wonder if they might be thinking about what's for dinner, or what happened at work, as they go through Yokohama & line up for the corners around the Mercedes Arena., with vibrations and sounds pulsating through their bodies. I think their senses and thoughts would be fixated on the moment, fully focused.

Usually thinking that taming such a beast makes them almost godlike and someone pretend to be in place of Lando Norris.
Bullshit guys... This car is made for people who pay to race at weekends. Most of the championships consists of drivers who pays, not payed ones. .

well cars that are made for people who pay to race also applies to the norma lmp3, almost all the gt3 cars and in a way the lmp2 cars.

as a matter of fact, outside of cars that you CAN'T buy to race, everything is basically made for people who pay to race.

hell even a f1 car is made for people who pay to race. just talk to lance stroll.

Bullshit guys... This car is made for people who pay to race at weekends. Most of the championships consists of drivers who pays, not payed ones. And it's not that hard in real life. Few of my Time-Attack fellows took part in Porsche Cup racing this season. It's absolutely far from this undrivable monsters that we have in iR and rF2 now. Yes they have a lot in common, like front axle load with braking in corners, trail braking, etc. Still they are not that hard to handle as guys says. Sudden spins can happen only when your rear slicks meet some real dirt/sand/liquids or your camber setup is ruined by mechanics. And team usually supply drivers with descent setup for a track they race at. Brakes don't lock if you hit pedal 0.0004% more than it requires.
P.S. Stop thinking through a prism of statement: "more difficult to drive = more realistic". ;)
P.S.S. When tires are up to work temps - rF2 P Cup is pretty good to drive. As for me much better than iR variation.

After tweaking the (crazy) default-setup (lower tyre-pressure, less camber, more preload, lower rear ARB) it's the most reliable Porsche Cup in Sim-Racing for me minus the Flat 6 mod before, which might be a bit too easy. If i had to race this car for real with physics of a sim, i certainly would prefer rF2 by far. Just brake early enough and you should be fine. In iRacing, ACC and RR they feel more planted most of the time, but are prone to do sudden BS rear traction loss under very usual circumstances that i can't take serious. The Porsche Cup car is IMO the best car S397 have released so far with similar dynamics and braking points like in this video.
Better lower your volume first and this one has a rev-restriction, so it can't go that fast on the straight. ABS is also allowed and used in the VLN afaik.

• Deleted member 955978

After tweaking the (crazy) default-setup (lower tyre-pressure, less camber, more preload, lower rear ARB) it's the most reliable Porsche Cup in Sim-Racing for me minus the Flat 6 mod before, which might be a bit too easy. If i had to race this car for real with physics of a sim, i certainly would prefer rF2 by far. Just brake early enough and you should be fine. In iRacing, ACC and RR they feel more planted most of the time, but are prone to do sudden BS rear traction loss under very usual circumstances that i can't take serious. The Porsche Cup car is IMO the best car S397 have released so far with similar dynamics and braking points like in this video.
Better lower your volume first and this one has a rev-restriction, so it can't go that fast on the straight. ABS is also allowed and used in the VLN afaik.
No data, no answer.

Your input is appreciated but sadly worthless.

Provide data or be calm, they say.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back