rF2: Porsche GT3 Cup Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
GT3Cup.jpg

Hot on the heels of the legendary Nurburgring Nordschleife DLC, Studio 397 have released the lovely Porsche GT3 Cup car for the simulation.

Continuing a growing trend of Porsche cars showing up in sim racing games, Studio 397 have added a new model to the range of vehicles already in the title.. adding the GT3 Cup as a standalone series as part of their weekend of new content releases for the simulation.

Starting the weekend celebrations in style with a laserscanned version of the German Nordschleife circuit on Thursday 26th September, Studio 397 then followed that up with a release for the Porsche GT3 Cup, available now for £4.42 from the rFactor 2 Steam Store page.

Apologies for the late posting, been a bit busy out of country with the SRO E-Sport GT Series grand finale.

So folks, what do you think of this content combination?

rFactor 2 is a racing simulation exclusively available for PC.

For more news from the world of rFactor 2, check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 sub forum and join in with the community discussion. If you like racing in a clean and fun environment online, why not check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 Racing Club? Get yourself in on the action!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
With "rushed", i mean sound (you even have no starter sound) and interior (the rF2 dash problem).

I don't care about standard setup, i can change it my way, but i find the standard setup to be okay... drivable. It's made for good turn in, if you have throttle control and know your braking points.

Veranstaltergemeinschaft Langstreckenmeisterschaft Nürburgring.

It is the german endurance championship for the big course, we love so much.^^

Even für Germans you have to read it twice to understand :roflmao:
The good is we will have real VLN/24H action with the upcoming GT4/Touring car dlc. I know people who are only driving the hell, nothing else for years :D

All those who have created their own setups, are you able to share for us noobs, who have no idea what we are doing ?

Much love
I found a rather unusual "hack" ! Dropping the tyre pressures to 110kpa front and 120kpa rear really stopped the car moving around ! I don't like this idea as it seems too low with a starting pressure of around 15 where i feel 28 should be goal . I may be wrong on whats more life like ,15 or 28 but that 110f / 120r really helped .
Also -5.3 front and -4.5 rear camber . Rear wing P4. Ride height 7.2 front / 8.4 rear . Toe 0.586 rear . all else default other than fuel needed .
This was good for 1:59;xx at Nürburgring GP ;)
Let me know if it helps .

I rarely drive the Porsches, so excuse my ingnorance, but I keep seeing in this thread the toe in settings to be negative and negative. Generally I've seen a negative number for the front, which provides a toe-out alignment, and a positive value in the rear.(toe-in) Is the Pug THAT different?

Ampersand represents a word, but in past times was also considered the 27th letter of the alphabet by many!
That is also where the name evolved from. From reciting out loud "...x,y,z and per se &" became "x,y,z, ampersand"

Ampersand represents a word, but in past times was also considered the 27th letter of the alphabet by many!
That is also where the name evolved from. From reciting out loud "...x,y,z and per se &" became "x,y,z, ampersand"
If this is English, I've only been speaking it for nearing 50 years and never heard of ampersand... But I like it and happy to have learnt something new. I've always been real good at me wordz.

there is a magazine called ampersand as well. I think it's a private publication for a church or business.
but, I have to ask, is there an ampersand hidden somewhere on/in the Porsche GT3 Cup car? Back to business folks!

I rarely drive the Porsches, so excuse my ingnorance, but I keep seeing in this thread the toe in settings to be negative and negative. Generally I've seen a negative number for the front, which provides a toe-out alignment, and a positive value in the rear.(toe-in) Is the Pug THAT different?
?
You usually use negative toe at the front and positive on the rear. With almost every car.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 318 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 218 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 159 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 276 13.5%