rF2: New Imola Layouts Headline 'Reiza Bundle' DLC Update

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Bundle DLC Updates.jpg

The 'Reiza Bundle' for rFactor 2 has been updated - including new historic layouts for the beautiful Imola circuit...

Released as additional content for rFactor 2 back at the end of March, Reiza Studios have continued to work hard on their first content package for the Studio 397 developed rFactor 2 simulation, and the fruits of those new labours are available to download now!

Headlining the latest update is without doubt the two, free, new layouts for Imola - adding variations from the 1988 and 2001 racing season. As you can see from the screenshots below, they look very nice indeed...

rF2 Imola 1988.jpg
rF2 Imola 2001.jpg

With both new versions coming at no extra cost to owners of the Reiza DLC, and with the circuit variants both rather different in layout than those already available, this extra bonus should be a popular move with fans of the content.

Additionally, Reiza have confirmed MCR S2000 now has a rain tyre option, and further small fixes and tweaks are in development and are expected to drop in the coming weeks.

rFactor 2 is a PC exclusive racing sim from Studio 397 - Available now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussion regarding this excellent sim. Like your racing hard and fair? Join in with our rFactor 2 Racing Club for all your eSport racing fun! Oh, don't forget we like mods to, with our own rFactor 2 Modding Forum for you to enjoy!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

• Deleted member 909406

The case when I do not write anything bad for the sake of competition in this genre. Someone will even buy it.

Actully reiza pack got a 50% discount in summer sale, a good value indeed.

What about a reiza pack 2 with the brit pack and brands and oulton park; great additions now it's confirmed the new competition system for rfactor 2 will work whit official content only,

For all my moaning about full package price in other threads, I ended up buying the GT3 Challengers, Endurance, and Reiza packs over at the Steam Summer Sale.

While I still don't agree with the pricing strategy, I can't argue with the quality of the DLC and I want to support the last current gen open moddable platform sim. My problem was never about per-dlc pricing but about how much it will end up costing to get a complete package.

On sale, it makes it a little bit more palatable, and the cars and tracks are really quite enjoyable. I find something about the newer GT3 Challenger and GTE cars to be a little better than the original GT3 Package cars.

And rFactor2's car ffb, physics and handling come together in a way no other sim does and produces a really enjoyable experience.

Reiza's Imola is a surprisingly high quality track. I was wary it might not be up to Sebring standards but it's very, very good. Le Mans is definitely up there with Sebring quality, too, and contrary to what I heard is not *that* bad on performance relative to other tracks (I averaged 60-70fps; i7 2600k @4.9Ghz, 980 ti).

All in all, it's as good as people have been saying.

Go send some kudos in dollar form Studio 397's way and do yourself a favour and take advantage of the Steam Summer Sale!

Now, if we could only get some iRacing/SRS-like multiplayer infrastructure going...

Last edited:
Question: Does any one know if there have been any rain/weather updates over the past few years? Any thing regarding rubbering-in, wet lines, hydroplaning, puddles and different amounts of wet grip according to different depths of water on different parts of the track, humidity, any weather/rain physics changes/updates?

I hope S397 updates the rain graphics too. They still look very old school due to looking like a bunch of individual puffs (because that's what I think they technically are, same with other games, not just RF2). Apart from looking quite dated and unrealistic in TV/trackside cam, it also looks quite unrealistic from the cockpit when following another car. It looks like the cars ahead are emitting puffs/clouds of smoke rather than a rooster-tail of water getting shot hard out of the car's tyres and it's diffuser. I also don't see any graphical effect of the water from the car in front hitting the windshield (and therefore worsening vision). It's like the water in front disappears as you drive into it.

222a21381.jpg

audi-takes-adac-gt-masters-one-two-in-the-rain-at-zandvoort.jpg

561bbeb4143a1fe6901ff5a8e597855d.jpg

Dp4-Vb-VXXg-AAYNvq.jpg

Mentos-Racing-Porsche-estoril-2016-qualifying-730x487.jpg

dpa-german-formula-one-driver-michael-schumacher-team-ferrari-races-D3-GD13.jpg

A large increase in the amount of spray, the length of it, and the amount of time it "hangs in the air" would be welcomed too.

Last edited:
Great with classic tracks!

Agree regarding water spray from cars in front not adding more drops on the windscreens. Would be nice. Didnt see that in videos feom ACC either tho. Maybe too low settings?

Great with classic tracks!

Agree regarding water spray from cars in front not adding more drops on the windscreens. Would be nice. Didnt see that in videos feom ACC either tho. Maybe too low settings?
You should look at it again. When rain stops and you get behind another car, you have to turn on the wipers, because car in front is spraying your windscreen. Watch carefully my on-board video posted in this thread and you'll see, after 4:00.

You should look at it again. When rain stops and you get behind another car, you have to turn on the wipers, because car in front is spraying your windscreen. Watch carefully my on-board video posted in this thread and you'll see, after 4:00.
Watch from 3:33 to 3:45. It looks really bad. Barely any difference in rain. When you pulled behind that car, you should have gotten a face full of water all over the windshield but there was hardly any difference between being right behind him and having no one in front. Also, the times the rain on the windshield does increase, it just looks like it's raining a little harder like just some extra "dots" on the windshield. It doesn't resemble what it's like to be behind another car spraying water all over you.

Question: Does any one know if there have been any rain/weather updates over the past few years? Any thing regarding rubbering-in, wet lines, hydroplaning, puddles and different amounts of wet grip according to different depths of water on different parts of the track, humidity, any weather/rain physics changes/updates?

I hope S397 updates the rain graphics too. They still look very old school due to looking like a bunch of individual puffs (because that's what I think they technically are, same with other games, not just RF2). Apart from looking quite dated and unrealistic in TV/trackside cam, it also looks quite unrealistic from the cockpit when following another car. It looks like the cars ahead are emitting puffs/clouds of smoke rather than a rooster-tail of water getting shot hard out of the car's tyres and it's diffuser. I also don't see any graphical effect of the water from the car in front hitting the windshield (and therefore worsening vision). It's like the water in front disappears as you drive into it.

222a21381.jpg

audi-takes-adac-gt-masters-one-two-in-the-rain-at-zandvoort.jpg

561bbeb4143a1fe6901ff5a8e597855d.jpg

Dp4-Vb-VXXg-AAYNvq.jpg

Mentos-Racing-Porsche-estoril-2016-qualifying-730x487.jpg

dpa-german-formula-one-driver-michael-schumacher-team-ferrari-races-D3-GD13.jpg

A large increase in the amount of spray, the length of it, and the amount of time it "hangs in the air" would be welcomed too.
There was a modder messing with the smoke in rF2
index.php

As you can see it is staying longer and a bit more "soft". I think this works for rain spray too. I too hope S397 fix it, especially fix the spray going dark at night

There was a modder messing with the smoke in rF2
index.php

As you can see it is staying longer and a bit more "soft". I think this works for rain spray too. I too hope S397 fix it, especially fix the spray going dark at night

It'll never be better until Wind becomes a factor and works in the engine, to me that screenshot is of a Drift Car on a very calm non-windy day. You'd never "usually" see tire smoke lasting that long from a regular race car in a race scenario, it does look better yes but it's still far from "right" IMO of course.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.