rF2: Nürburgring Nordschleife Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Nords Released.jpg

Teasing time now over and done - the epic Nurburgring Nordschleife for rFactor 2 is finally here.

Available now via the rFactor 2 Steam Store, the new laserscanned circuit comes complete in four different racing layouts, with Studio 397 planning to add further versions as free updates in the coming months.

Retailing for a very reasonable £10.66, the track is available to purchase now.

Happy lapping folks!

rF2 Nords Released 2.jpg
rF2 Nords Released 3.jpg

rFactor 2 is a racing simulation exclusively available for PC.

For more news from the world of rFactor 2, check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 sub forum and join in with the community discussion. If you like racing in a clean and fun environment online, why not check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 Racing Club? Get yourself in on the action!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

What's the best album/song/artist of all time? There is no right answer.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, so it's whatever floats your boat really. Honestly, your video convinced me even more that I prefer RF2's version.
welll of course!
but if you are a musician or composer, woudlnt' you say that saying which music is better has more weight to it, then when someone has no idea about it ??

plus comparing music to visual in a game is very far fetch comparison. Music is very subjective, but the game is meant to simulate realism

as someone who worked in the industry , I feel like i'm looking at things in slightly different context
I'm mostly talking about things like seeing the People around track, marshals, photographers, on some tracks people walking aroudn track, recovery vehicles. All the small kind of texture variation

but anyhow, I don't need to convince anyone (and I won't be albe to here anyhow), enjoy your version and let's agree to disagree

I couldn’t resist and I did 5 laps with the radical sr3.
4 DOF motion+VR+DD steering wheel system + bass shakers plus this version of the Nürburgring-= Sim racing heaven
Said this.... sadly it’s very heavy track with my CV1. Even with my 2080ti/I7-8700 it’s only 45fps every where in the track .
Any one tried it with VR?
That's the problem with ASW: If you can't hit the 90 fps, it's running 45 fps. With my setup i get about 70 fps average and than it runs those and not lowering it. Other than Supersampling run the post effects on low and AA on maybe 2 from the launcher. The graphic-settings in the game don't have that much impact, if you don't choose anything max out and reduce the fussy stuff you can't see a difference anyway. You should get the 90 fps with this setup and disable ASW to see how much you are away from it.

I have no experience with the scanner on car, therefore I have no idea if there is no alignmnet needed, if it's more or less acurate
Alignment is needed for mobile scans. Their forte is smaller areas like the movie production locales, not miles & miles, and the error from one section to another section can be as much as a meter due to GPS drift. It's all correctable, of course, if reference markers are used.

That's the problem with ASW: If you can't hit the 90 fps, it's running 45 fps. With my setup i get about 70 fps average and than it runs those and not lowering it. Other than Supersampling run the post effects on low and AA on maybe 2 from the launcher. The graphic-settings in the game don't have that much impact, if you don't choose anything max out and reduce the fussy stuff you can't see a difference anyway. You should get the 90 fps with this setup and disable ASW to see how much you are away from it.
I tested it without ASW and with full setting( with PP medium) and shadow low, AA-3 and SS-1.5 I’m getting an average of 83fps. It’s better but I think I can get 90fps... however now it’s very fluid at least.

Downloading, really looking forward to trying this one of my fav tracks. However rf2 is geting rather expensive currently rf2 + all DLC costs £141.04 UK funny money pounds. I know I paid more as I was one of the few who paid £54 quid for lifetime online ;-) Need to hurry up with the promised UI upgrade.

Do you like the braking balance?
It feels not right at all.
it is rear biased in stock setup. I have turned it a bit forward...Try around, what fits you the most, i have no significant issues with braking. But you have to indeed trust the car, without locking up.^^

(It's rear engined, so of course, you don't need that much braking power at the front like in other cars, because your weight is distributed more to the rear, where the brake has to stop more rolling weight on the road on the tyre.)

Last edited:
when you scan ( with static scan at least), you get a "sphere" of points, as the points get further away, you get less accuracy. Some scanners are really accurate to 60m, others 180m, etc. , and then you have to scan a additional positions, so cover gaps/holes
in the process, you have to align the spheres to each other, and this is where you could make a mistake , which would then create a noticeable difference in the scans,

I have no experience with the scanner on car, therefore I have no idea if there is no alignmnet needed, if it's more or less acurate

I suppose people who drove there could tell you

but I do find it interesting that AC version looks similar to Gran Turismo, and Pcars, while he RF2 looks different ( height in certain sections)

The track was rebuilt in some areas after a serious accident and rFactor2 uses a new scan based on it.
The scan data is provided by the operators of the track as far as I am correctly informed, so there is no deviation in the measurement accuracy between the Sims

but I do find it interesting that AC version looks similar to Gran Turismo, and Pcars, while he RF2 looks different ( height in certain sections)

Where do you find the height is different? Just curious.
I do find that its kinda odd that going up from Tiergarten to Hohenrain on the kink right driving a GT3 I find myself in air losing traction almost completely, while it doesn't in iR/AC...

Where do you find the height is different? Just curious.
I do find that its kinda odd that going up from Tiergarten to Hohenrain on the kink right driving a GT3 I find myself in air losing traction almost completely, while it doesn't in iR/AC...
sorry man, don't know the names of the corners, and i'm not at home, but looking at this video

corners in these times felt different , bit hard to go by memory of driving yesterday , but here goes,

2:06 , the right side felt higher and the entire corner elevation/flow felt different , especialy the frist part ( left turn)
2:25, camber felt different, steeper then expected
3:07 felt more narrow around the bridge
3:20-3:27 this entire section felt very different, maybe even steeper

rest I think was fine

this car is soo diffucult to drive.. have you tried at Sebring? Massive issues on braking ..
It's a Porsche Cup...it is also that beasty in other sims, to be fair... for example depending, on how much fuel you carry, it can make a huge difference, which brake bias setting is right, because of weight distribution(fueltank in the front, as far as i know). The more empty it is, the more you could try turning it rearwards to not lock up the front wheels...but it will get more nervous though. #justporschethings #idontlikehastags

corners in these times felt different , bit hard to go by memory of driving yesterday , but here goes,

2:06 , the right side felt higher and the entire corner elevation/flow felt different , especialy the frist part ( left turn)
2:25, camber felt different, steeper then expected
3:07 felt more narrow around the bridge
3:20-3:27 this entire section felt very different, maybe even steeper

rest I think was fine

Are you using lock to horizon in AC, rF2 and so on?
The elevation feels indeed more pronounced on this version of the circuit, but it feels like it is something about the cockpit camera.^^

Aremberg exit (3:07) in this version is the first time, i can get the exit totally intuitive by slightly touching the kerb on the left, but not running over it, i dunno how...

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Yearly

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Weekly at lan events

• Monthly at lan events

• Yearly at lan events