rF2: More Cars (and Tracks?) Revealed for Upcoming 'Reiza DLC'

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Reiza DLC Extra Content 4.jpg

Despite some delays the 'Reiza DLC' is still heading to rFactor 2, and the Brazilian developers have now revealed the extra bonus cars.. and potentially a track or two...

So now we know... kind of. When Reiza Studios, the Brazilian development team behind the exceptional Automobilista announced to the world they would be creating a DLC for rFactor 2, many fans were understandably delighted to see how those high achieving sim racing developers would fair when sending their content into the impressive rFactor 2 simulation.

At the time, Reiza confirmed they planned for four cars and two circuits as part of the new pack... however for various reasons that DLC has failed to materialise - with delays causing quite a few within the community to voice their frustration at having to wait for what is undeniably some exciting content.

Because Reiza are quite frankly exceptional people, to make up for the delays encountered with the new DLC they've made the really cool decision to throw in some free content by way of apology.. and now we know what that content is going to be - the Puma GTE and the excellent Puma P052..

So that bumps the new pack up to six cars and two circuits, but Reiza Studios haven't finished yet! According to the social media post that contained the new images, the developers have hinted that one (or maybe more) tracks will also be added into the pack as well! With the quality of content found in Automobilista, it will be very exciting to see what these extra pieces of sim racing goodness turn out like in rFactor 2.

Can you tell what the track is from these screenshots?

rF2 Reiza DLC Extra Content 1.jpg
rF2 Reiza DLC Extra Content 2.jpg
rF2 Reiza DLC Extra Content 3.jpg

Check out the initial 'Rezia DLC' content previews HERE.

rFactor 2 is a PC exclusive racing simulation available worldwide via the Steam network.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..!

Like what you see here at RD? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
That's nice from Reiza, and thanks to S397 to add more & more contents. But the problem is we'll barely never used their contents.... They should first finish their promised UI, and put in their competition ranking system, to attract us to race online, making their game alive, and use the contents they create.

I got all their DLC and mods, and i've never used them... A competition system might help us to use it more.

And as long as you keep buying all the DLC then why the hell would they spend time fixing issues that don't make money. You want things fixed , then don't buy anything.

That's nice from Reiza, and thanks to S397 to add more & more contents. But the problem is we'll barely never used their contents.... They should first finish their promised UI, and put in their competition ranking system, to attract us to race online, making their game alive, and use the contents they create.

I got all their DLC and mods, and i've never used them... A competition system might help us to use it more.
Who is the "we" and "us"?
S397 has nothing to do with the Reiza pack. They can't do anything about it if Reiza hasn't finished it. There are about 30 people or so working for S397, but not all of them work on the UI and the competition system.

And as long as you keep buying all the DLC then why the hell would they spend time fixing issues that don't make money. You want things fixed , then don't buy anything.

What if they need to buy time for some particular things ? What if for some things it is not even possible to buy time ? And how do you know that those issues that are yet to be fixed don't make money, only because you dont buy pieces of code directly as DLC, would you like the code to be laserscanned ? In my personal opinion the state which rF2 is right now is absolutely enjoyable and I don't see why some wants to riot.

To be honest I don't understand why you guys are acting like this...
Reiza stated several times they are already working on new title and they will update us when something will be ready enough to be spoiled...
Reiza spent some time testing rF2 engine for new title and during the process they thinked would be good to release their work as DLC...
rF2 received new materials system so Reiza took some time to update and add new content...
I know a lot of time passed but we can still enjoy AMS in the meantime and we can be patient and wait since they are adding and fine tuning DLC content...

You can only speak for yourself and not "we". If you don't use rF2, it's your choice and I guess most rF2 users want the new UI and ranking system rather sooner than later. So far I rather enjoy an AI race in rF2 instead of getting bored from the tyre model in iRacing. Their upcoming tyre model was announced a year ago and I doubt we see it in the next big patch. The cars I would like to race have emtpy servers and without AI there is not much to with them.

This kind of mindset we really need to get out of simracing. Sorry, I really can't let this go unchallenged Neil.

Do you know what actually gets things fixed ? It's generating revenue, staying in business, and being able to employ people and use their time on on both DLC and base improvements. Further, DLC often comes with developments and improvements because it gives people time to continue defining their vision, base games and complimentary content are not independent of each other. DLC often brings new physics, new tyre models, new models, shaders, new ffb - all the things people want.

So if you want improvements, then please support these small studios buy purchasing content when you can. It makes a huge difference. I've said it before, but it can't be said enough, while other companies cram their games with live services, loot boxes, microtransactions and pay to win models, to their credit the simracing developer community don't. Buying some DLC is a small price to pay given alternative business models currently employed by the gaming industry.

Anyway, day one buy for me. Can't wait. And new quality tracks for rf2. Double can't wait.

"Reiza DLC"........isn't that what I read about on the S397 forums for a long, long time already and never comes?
Also; very often just a lot of Brazilian/South American crap instead of world wide (AMS, lots of it)?

Hmm, not a very serious "company", never mind.

Just transfer AMS completely into rF2:)
I wouldn't mind that, but Reiza went from a content creator to a game developer and they probably don't want to move back these steps.

What i still miss in Sim-Racing other than iRacing is a title, that can provide constant 90 fps in VR without the newest Ti-Model and even iRacing fails depending on the track. The low polygon models in AMS are perfect to fill this gap IMO. They just need a better engine and don't have to re-model all content to fit modern graphic standards. Less polygons always provide better VR performance and that's why VR-games are usually low in shape-details.

"Reiza DLC"........isn't that what I read about on the S397 forums for a long, long time already and never comes?
Also; very often just a lot of Brazilian/South American crap instead of world wide (AMS, lots of it)?

Hmm, not a very serious "company", never mind.

AMS has propably the most diverse track and car roster when it comes to covering international racing. Not everything is laserscanned or lisenced, but the tracks are of a nice consistent quality covering alot of stuff from all over the world in different decades perfectly fitting the cars in the sim. Most other sims have to catch up in that regard.

I don't have much confidence in Reiza to be honest. AMS is a great game, but it was only supposed to be a stopgap for a game to be released in 2017...and here we are in 2019 and not even a hint of something being released.
Then there is a DLC pack of existing content that only involves conversion and it's over 6 months late.I realize it isn't simple, but if it takes a year to convert a DLC pack then I doubt there will be a Reiza title in 2019. Based on how long it has taken them to produce the DLC, they are inevitably going to take an "L" on this venture anyway.

Just transfer AMS completely into rF2:)

I think that might of been the original plan (the next version of AMS2.0 or whatever it was due to be called). Using the RF2 engine. As mentioned by @Paul Jeffrey though, everything went quiet and I'm wondering if that whole idea has now been scrapped. Time will tell.

....and without trying to sound rude, will people please stop banging on about the new UI (I don't mean you @Boby Kim my friend it's just a general comment :) ). It's becoming really boring now. The UI is fine as it is and it works, yes it's basic but it does the job. When the new system gets here it will be great but I'm happy with what we've got.

As far as online leagues/racing/rankings go. iRacing is king, there is no denying it (and I don't even race on iRacing). A new UI on RF2 will not change the situation I feel. The servers will still be quiet because you will still have hundreds of car and track combinations, and if you don't have the content (and the server is not setup properly) you won't be able to race on it. That's another bow to iRacing because you have to race with their content so the variables are of course far less. It's all down to what you own.

S397 could possibly have automated servers that use stock content. Which is one way of sorting the situation.

If you want to race in large groups, sign up to a league website like many of us do, or pay the Premium membership and race on RD.

Ok, rant over, I'm going back to playing around with the new RF2 shaders, which are pretty nice I have to admit :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back