rF2: More Cars (and Tracks?) Revealed for Upcoming 'Reiza DLC'

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Reiza DLC Extra Content 4.jpg

Despite some delays the 'Reiza DLC' is still heading to rFactor 2, and the Brazilian developers have now revealed the extra bonus cars.. and potentially a track or two...

So now we know... kind of. When Reiza Studios, the Brazilian development team behind the exceptional Automobilista announced to the world they would be creating a DLC for rFactor 2, many fans were understandably delighted to see how those high achieving sim racing developers would fair when sending their content into the impressive rFactor 2 simulation.

At the time, Reiza confirmed they planned for four cars and two circuits as part of the new pack... however for various reasons that DLC has failed to materialise - with delays causing quite a few within the community to voice their frustration at having to wait for what is undeniably some exciting content.

Because Reiza are quite frankly exceptional people, to make up for the delays encountered with the new DLC they've made the really cool decision to throw in some free content by way of apology.. and now we know what that content is going to be - the Puma GTE and the excellent Puma P052..

So that bumps the new pack up to six cars and two circuits, but Reiza Studios haven't finished yet! According to the social media post that contained the new images, the developers have hinted that one (or maybe more) tracks will also be added into the pack as well! With the quality of content found in Automobilista, it will be very exciting to see what these extra pieces of sim racing goodness turn out like in rFactor 2.

Can you tell what the track is from these screenshots?

rF2 Reiza DLC Extra Content 1.jpg
rF2 Reiza DLC Extra Content 2.jpg
rF2 Reiza DLC Extra Content 3.jpg

Check out the initial 'Rezia DLC' content previews HERE.

rFactor 2 is a PC exclusive racing simulation available worldwide via the Steam network.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..!

Like what you see here at RD? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
This is a fair opinion, though I would disagree that legitimate criticism should be seen as deriving pleasure from pointing out mistakes.

Not everything should be a circle-jerk where only positive attitudes are shared. Though to be fair, RD does get the outrageous comment to the opposite extreme as you imply and bash things simply for the sake of bashing them. If my comments above sound like that, well... someone should take a step back and look at the truly inflammatory posts around here :p

Sure I got my money's worth from AMS, since that is specifically what I helped fund. And with all the features and content that Reiza has released, it is quite a nice package.

That said, AMS is a game with roots in 2011, or 2007 if you want to go to it's extreme roots. It's dated. Reiza knows that which is why they talked about a new game releasing on a more modern engine. Development of Stock Car Extreme/AMS was not supposed to continue into 2019/2020.

I am still of the mindset that words matter. And you simply cannot get away with saying that something will be wrapped up by (X) date, and then 3 yrs later say, whoopsy, jk.

Need we forget that this rF2 dlc was going to solidly release 3 weeks into November after Renato made numerous posts about that? If it aint ready to go for whatever reason, dont use definitive language that says it will absolutely release by (X) date.

This isnt me berating them or bashing them for no reason. This is taking their words, and holding them accountable.

lol good day to you.

I doubt they have 30 full time employees. Kunos barely manages that, with a much larger budget.

'30 employees' probably consists of all the contractors that do 3d modelling, etc. Most sim-racing studios use contractors and include them in their employee count for whatever reason. The core team is likely much smaller than that number.
You make some pretty good points, I have to say. I think we have some differing opinions, and that's fine.
I would like to point out that I said
(takes all sorts though, I get that)

I think it's healthy

(Maybe not you Nate)

So, I think there was some balance mingled in with my opinions. I still think there are people getting a kick out of bashing sims/devs and I still think it's wrong, but I agree that it's probably wrong to point fingers at individuals. I'm sorry if I gave that impression, I was mixing my reply. I guess it was rushed. The part about deriving pleasure, was referring to my original assertion that I didn't understand the negativity in the thread.

• Deleted member 637371

I'm excited to see how these 2 Devs will combine, i really enjoy their sims.

I would have preferred Karts/Open-wheelers from AMS make it in rather than the Puma, but I guess I'm just happy that these guys are collaborating in bringing more cool content to rF2.

A bit off topic, but I wonder does S397 have an official office or do the 30 employees primarily work from home?
I'd like to picture them all in a nice office surrounded by sim rigs with all the latest hardware.

Since this thread has become quite a broad discussion anyway, I don't think I'm going to derail it by responding here...

We in fact do have a brand new office and it's located in Apeldoorn, The Netherlands. We share it with the other product development branch within Luminis (that's actually building some of the cloud-based components that we leverage for our competition system, amongst other things). That said, like comments confirm below, most of our people don't live and work close to that office. It is a place to meet with partners, customers, and where we keep our simulator and some of our test hardware and later this year we plan to also use it as a broadcast studio for live events.

I would say though that most of our team have a very well equipped home office with a nice rig which they regularly use to test and enjoy rFactor 2.

That discussion leads to wonder if Reiza Studios has made the decision to entirely dedicate themselves to being a DLC provider for rF2 exclusively?

I am wondering if they are not also dedicating resources to a new independent sim racing title as well?

At least, that could explain the delays. If you are chasing two hares at the same time. You might be losing ground on one of them.

That discussion leads to wonder if Reiza Studios has made the decision to entirely dedicate themselves to being a DLC provider for rF2 exclusively?

I am wondering if they are not also dedicating resources to a new independent sim racing title as well?

At least, that could explain the delays. If you are chasing two hares at the same time. You might be losing ground on one of them.
I just got an answer to my own question from Reiza's forum: https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/reiza-studio397-rfactor2.3962/

Indeed, Reiza is working in parallel on a new title. The DLC for rF2 is an entirely parallel project.

I just got an answer to my own question from Reiza's forum: https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/reiza-studio397-rfactor2.3962/

Indeed, Reiza is working in parallel on a new title. The DLC for rF2 is an entirely parallel project.
It is quite old post, 8 Months!
I was a backer on the crowd funding and believe I can get those DLC for Rf2?
I like Rf2 and look forward to the FVee in VR.
Apart from that I feel Reiza kind of missed the train.
Real shame as they did lots of things the right way.

Posted 2h ago on Reiza's Facebook:

"The Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari di Imola, better known as Imola, will be coming to RFactor2 as part of the Reiza rFactor2 Bundle!

The famous italian circuit which hosted both the Italian and San Marino Grand Prix 28 times in total will feature in the Bundle in two versions: the classic 1972 layout, along with the modern track in its current configuration..

The rF2 Bundle is planned to be released in March. Check out some fresh previews of the Bundle including Imola in all its glorious details below!"

Looks like we'll not have to wait for long after all.
I am SO glad we'll get Imola '72. This one of my absolute favorite track in AMS and a brilliant track.
It drives well with a variety of content, from historic to modern. It's a fast circuit at a time security wasn't a concern thus without the annoying chicanes. That and the fantastic Puma's will make this pack a must-have.

I am confident that whether the new Reiza title uses rF2 as a base, or not, (almost) all the time and energy spent updating the rF2 pack content will get utilized for that new title. Every asset has to be updated regardless, so this is just the first batch. Hopefully Reiza learned a lot and can routinize their procedures for all the rest of their stuff. This was (is still) always the greatest strength of AMS and Reiza--every update got consistently applied in a polished manner to every piece of content. Not a dog's breakfast of trying to remember which generation of car or track you might be using to explain why features were present or not or why quality was higher or lower.

I will gladly wait a while longer for AMS 2 if everything is as consistently good as the rF2 pack looks (and drives).

Reactions: tpw
Why? The cockpits will be worse than S397 cars?
I could be wrong, but I think they'll not be as good as the current gen S397 cars. Depends on whether Reiza has spent time improving the interiors from where they currently are in AMS. Note I'm really only thinking in terms of polygons rather than textures; I expect the textures will be good.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back