rF2 Endurance Pack Released - New Trailer Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rf2 BMW 2.jpg rf2 BMW.jpg rf2 corvette.jpg rf2 Norma  .jpg rf2 norma oreca.jpg rf2 porsche.jpg
The new five car 'Endurance Pack' DLC will be released tomorrow for rFactor 2, and to celebrate Studio 397 have revealed a new trailer for this exciting pack of cars.

Bringing the BMW M8 GTE to a racing simulation for the first time, the wonderful Porsche 911 RSR GTE, the beastly Chevrolet Corvette C7.R and two Prototypes in the form of the Norma M30 and Oreca 07, the brand new 'Endurance Pack' DLC release for rFactor 2 looks set fair to be one of the most impressive collections of content for the simulation since Studio 397 took control of the game back in 2016.

Making the most of the rapidly improving new DX11 build and graphic output, the new five pack of cars already look the part, and thanks to the advanced physics that the rFactor series has been renowned for in recent years, the odds of these cars living up to their visuals in the handling department remains very high indeed...

The new pack can be purchased from the rFactor 2 Steam Store for £13.15 and will release Friday 15th June.

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch

RaceDepartment Instagram

Have you tried the new content yet? What are your impressions? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I don't know what to think :(

Been waiting for that kind of content for such a long time. I'm glad it's for now!
But in the other hand, so many ressources wasted and time spent to build useless DLCs like the Nola track or the USF2000?
Frustrating to have such a good game with such a poor content.
Where are the real stuff? By real stuff, I mean a Nordschleife, a modern Spa or Le Mans track...

Is it a matter of license they can't afford?

By the way, THANKS to modders :inlove: Those guys are doing Studio397's job for nothing! they, at least, deserve a beer!

Without S397 the modders woud be without a hobby . Ppl who want all for free probably also work for free for their bosses .
Maybe you ask the modders to built a super sim on a super engine for you for FREE/GRATUIT/ZADARMO
I buy this pack without knowing yet if iam going to drive those cars or not. I do it also to support developing RF2 to be the best

PS this is not a comment on modders . I like modders Free or pay for them.

But in the other hand, so many ressources wasted and time spent to build useless DLCs like the Nola track or the USF2000
I wouldn't call Nola or especially USF 2000 useless or wasted resources. I had a great time racing it in a league, it has good handling and is fun to drive. I agree it would be nice to have more official tracks, but you can conversions (rips) for all of them from other sims. It's not a problem for me as long as I own the sim which have the original track. I would rather wish they had more road cars like in AC, or spend resources to have better online experience (which is actually in progress).

I like the cars but the Corvette GTE with what is essentially a cross between a ELM and WEC package? I just wish they would produce a DLC with the cars from the same series.
Well... the C7 is an official GTE car so it is "from the same series", it's just that Chevy does not find value in having a full time team in WEC. Would be a "exclusive series" pack if it had cars like the M6 or Z4 GTE instead, those cars were not actual GTE, just IMSA letting them race in the class

I wait on this one. I've bought the GT3-/FormulaE pack as well and so far I've hardly driven them. The leagues to support these cars are very rare, so I wonder if there will be a league to support this pack. First of all I'm supporting my own wallet; I'm simply not interested to buy another pack 'just to leave it on the shelf' again. A league to drive these cars is necessary and in view of the online attendees with rF2 so far since the release of the game it's a bit of a sad case. I have no interest in driving offline with a bunch of AI's. Secondly there's already the mod from Enduracers which offers a lot more cars and even FOR FREE! Some cars may be outdated, but they're still a blast to drive. I'm not sure what this pack will add up. The cars may be officially licenced, but is it worth to spend the money? Time will tell if I'm buying or not. I think further polishing up the game itself (Zandvoort, UI, etc.) will be more appreciated rather than releasing another DLC.

Last edited:
The leagues to support these cars are very rare, so I wonder if there will be a league to support this pack
SimRacing-GP.net runs GT3 DLC for some time. rF2 AI is the best in the business, you can adjust difficulty. I sometimes like to have jump in races with AI to practice before league.
Also S397 is developing online competition system so if it's released, DLCs should be useful.

Last edited:
"This pack is not just about content, we also took the opportunity to add some new tech to add to the immersion of multi-class racing. The all new ‘position lights’ on all cars in the this pack will not only show your individual position, they will also show your position in class with color coding. On top of that, the lights turn into a pit stop timer ‘counting up’ when you pit!"

This is fantastic!

I'll wait for more reviews on this one.

The first GT3 pack was a bit much for what you got and I didn't feel like the cars were that much better than any content that was already out there. In addition, the optimization of the graphics was pretty bad and it took a much heavier toll on the system than any freeware. Finally, i'd really like to see adjustable traction control in-car like you see in AC, R3E and even PCars2 to some level.

I wait on this one. I've bought the GT3-/FormulaE pack as well and so far I've hardly driven them. The leagues to support these cars are very rare, so I wonder if there will be a league to support this pack. First of all I'm supporting my own wallet; I'm simply not interested to buy another pack 'just to leave it on the shelf' again. A league to drive these cars is necessary and in view of the online attendees with rF2 so far since the release of the game it's a bit of a sad case. I have no interest in driving offline with a bunch of AI's. Secondly there's already the mod from Enduracers which offers a lot more cars and even FOR FREE! Some cars may be outdated, but they're still a blast to drive. I'm not sure what this pack will add up. The cars may be officially licenced, but is it worth to spend the money? Time will tell if I'm buying or not. I think further polishing up the game itself (Zandvoort, UI, etc.) will be more appreciated rather than releasing another DLC.

I bought whole pack since the 15$ is not that much, it is something around 65 zlotys which is a value of 4 packs of cigarettes in Poland. So it is cheap as f***.

I've already tested both M8 and 911 and they are amazing. The sounds are pretty much the same like on official onboards. The immersion, feeling, weight distribution and behaviour is superb. They behave like I think they should in real life. Since they are pretty much aero beasts.

And not to forget... all of those cars are 2018 spec :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 14 11.7%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 15 12.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 43 35.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 70 58.3%