rF2 Endurance Pack Released - New Trailer Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rf2 BMW 2.jpg rf2 BMW.jpg rf2 corvette.jpg rf2 Norma  .jpg rf2 norma oreca.jpg rf2 porsche.jpg
The new five car 'Endurance Pack' DLC will be released tomorrow for rFactor 2, and to celebrate Studio 397 have revealed a new trailer for this exciting pack of cars.

Bringing the BMW M8 GTE to a racing simulation for the first time, the wonderful Porsche 911 RSR GTE, the beastly Chevrolet Corvette C7.R and two Prototypes in the form of the Norma M30 and Oreca 07, the brand new 'Endurance Pack' DLC release for rFactor 2 looks set fair to be one of the most impressive collections of content for the simulation since Studio 397 took control of the game back in 2016.

Making the most of the rapidly improving new DX11 build and graphic output, the new five pack of cars already look the part, and thanks to the advanced physics that the rFactor series has been renowned for in recent years, the odds of these cars living up to their visuals in the handling department remains very high indeed...

The new pack can be purchased from the rFactor 2 Steam Store for £13.15 and will release Friday 15th June.

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch

RaceDepartment Instagram

Have you tried the new content yet? What are your impressions? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I still can't figure out where on Steam the official S397 rFactor 2 DLC for pay content is, weather I've bought it or want to buy it. It should be easier.

You and me both i still cant find any DLC even under the DLC tab on the right hand side.

To see the DLCs go in the store page of the game and scroll down the page a bit. You will see the content, click on it.

Ahhh doh! Thanks @Marcel Offermans - got myself in a bit of a muddle and updated OP accordingly. Watching Le Mans qualifying, writing articles, engaging on 3 separate skype conversations and hunting for news, all at the same time, after a 8 hour shift at work, 3 hour hospital visit to a relative and just a pot noodle for food. Not a great way to stay sharp! lol :)
And your point for making the mistake is? ;):roflmao:

You missed out being a husband and father too...
Seriously I don't know how you do it all...

I like the cars but the Corvette GTE with what is essentially a cross between a ELM and WEC package? I just wish they would produce a DLC with the cars from the same series.

A lot of cars race in multiple series. This goes for the GT3 cars (Blancpain, GT Open, ADAC GT Masters and many more, see for example https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_GT3#Series for a list).

Same goes for GTE cars, where the dominant series are probably WEC and IMSA. The Corvette races IMSA and crosses over to WEC for the 24h of Le Mans. The BMW M8 also races in both, as does the Porsche 911 RSR. We have included liveries of various teams racing on either side of the pond. So I think what we made is as much of a mix as it is in real life. Now if you prefer to simulate a specific series, you can certainly only pick the liveries from that series, possibly augmented by other skins you made yourself. We are mainly concerned by providing the cars to race with, regardless what real life or simracing series you end up driving them in.

@Marcel Offermans I have a couple of questions regarding this good looking pack. I hope you can answer them :)

1: The GT3 pack is very heavy on performance. How is this pack in comparison?

2: Endurance for me means racing in many conditions. RF2 offers these conditions. I would like to race against the AI in the rain. Is this possible? I often have a problem with the AI pitting for no reason when racing in the rain which ruins the race.

3. Can I race this pack in the rain in VR? Performance with other cars makes it not possible for me.

Thx for bringing new life to RF2 !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 14 11.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 15 12.1%
  • Friday

Votes: 45 36.3%
  • Saturday

Votes: 74 59.7%