Real Challenge Physics MOD

RIDE 2 Real Challenge Physics MOD ULTIMATE 2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Damned, it will be tough for endurance race.
Many thanks for your feedback. That means, with Dyego mod, GPX controller is better than Xbox 360 one on linear and progressive side ?

Damned, it will be tough for endurance race.
Many thanks for your feedback. That means, with Dyego mod, GPX controller is better than Xbox 360 one on linear and progressive side ?

I would say so. Yes. The xbox 360 is even now a very adept and competitive controller but the GPX is designed for racing.. It's "tighter", less "sloppy" on its joysticks (gpx potentiometers are significantly higher definition and no mechanical "deadzone" around the thumbstick centre as you get on a standard xbox 360) but it is really imo the triggers where it excels.. It is harder on the hand however as a result of the stronger return springs on those triggers..

Some of the guys over at gpbikes have gone through one or two gpx gamepads and have worn them out..potentiometer problems with thumbstick "drift" setting in apparently but I personally have had no problems. I have 4 gpxs (2 bought secondhand and repaired by me) and none of them have ever let me down..but as with any controller, xbox 360 included, sometimes I suppose you might have failures.. But at £23 I honestly do not think you can go far wrong. The gpx strips down easily if you want to mod it. I modified two of mine and "Scufed" them up with rear paddles for "tuck" and it was easier to strip down than any other controller I've used. Simple but well designed inside with decent components..

Last edited:
Just to chat: For some reason, in the Motogp17 I ain't being capable to replicate the same feeling of Ride 2... :(

I don't know why! I've copied the physics files there and they're not smooth enough like in R2... :mad:

Starting to use the original files there and manually change each variable again from zero...

Wish me lucky! :whistling:

Man the more i play this new mod the more i fall in love!!! Even the super moto feels fun now! The only thing that could be improved is the AI :p But it's really good even now, just a thing for the future :D Now onto gp 17!!

Hi Crash! If you know how: The files in DATA\VEHICLES named VEHICLE<category>.BML have a variable named CategoriesMultipliers in Actor > Component { CurveTracker } and inside it a property named Multiplier.

Increase it by 0.025 to make the AI improve their times in 0.2sec +/-. But don't push it too much or the AI starts to pass through the limits of the track and other crazy stuff.

The original is 1.05 for Racing Version bikes and I've putted 1.075. For instance, for 600cc Racing Versions I've DECREASED them from 1.15 to 1.1 and they still difficult! :roflmao:

Hi Crash! If you know how: The files in DATA\VEHICLES named VEHICLE<category>.BML have a variable named CategoriesMultipliers in Actor > Component { CurveTracker } and inside it a property named Multiplier.

Increase it by 0.025 to make the AI improve their times in 0.2sec +/-. But don't push it too much or the AI starts to pass through the limits of the track and other crazy stuff.

The original is 1.05 for Racing Version bikes and I've putted 1.075. For instance, for 600cc Racing Versions I've DECREASED them from 1.15 to 1.1 and they still difficult! :roflmao:
Well i will not mess with that i will destroy my game :p Also in the superbikes category i found out that on Nurburgring GP after that uphill chicane on every exit the AI goes down :D But they catch me up pretty fast so i don't know i think it's pretty good hahahah!!

Gosh! But this is about fine tuning the tracks optimization file... If I start to validate it all I want some cash from Milestone! :roflmao:

Imagine: Tracks x Categories x Climate Conditions! :confused:

Just some polishment in some variables and removed some garbage (adjusted some things forgotten too). ;)
I don't changed anything that could blow things up! :laugh:

Please don't kill me! :cry:

About the tyres, if you go to DATA\PHYSICS\TYRES\DATA you'll see their physics variables for tyres... unfortunately I can't change their algorithm, because it's inside the source code... what I can do is just tweak their standard variables values.

But when you see their variables names for the bikes, you can guess what they control. In tyres is just a mess... Please have a look there and tell me what can we do, if you understand those names...

I have only tonight had the free time to look at this Dyego. I concur with your thoughts that there's only so much you can play around with here..the tyre grip/wear algorithm being hidden away from us in the source code.

BUT one thing that really bugs me BIG TIME about the modern era Milestone motogp and RIDE racing games is the fact that off-track the grass and terrain is way, way to grippy to the point of making the experience of an excursion off the track an Arcade experience. It doesn't really matter if you mess up and run wide and off the track. The tyres just keep on gripping.. Craner Curves at Donington? No problem. If you hit the grass by mistake just keep that throttle pinned and adjust your line back onto the shiny tarmac.. That's Arcade. Personally I find it really, really annoying. If I make a silly mistake I want to be fully penalised for it. I want the whole experience of making a mistake to be realistic.. If my front tyre or rear tyre touches the grass whilst cranked over and hard on the power I expect to go down..abruptly. Same goes when trail braking on the front and/or back brake if I run wide and touch that grass! You should be in deep trouble immediately.. But if you stand her up then maybe you will have enough grip to save it, stay upright and with a careful throttle get her back onto the track once again.. Just as in real life.

Now looking at the BML files for the tyres I notice that within the different bike categories there are grip options "longitudinal" and "Side Grip" variables and thresholds for all types of tyre and tyre compounds including wet weather tyres.. see the screenshot below.

So my first thought looking at these files is can we smarten this game up a bit and get the grip characteristics for the tyres more correct and realistic across the grass and associated off-track terrain?

40485042481_23892561dc_h.jpg
tyre files[/url] by Tracey Roberts, on Flickr[/IMG] tyre files by Tracey Roberts, on Flickr

Last edited:
I have only tonight had the free time to look at this Dyego. I concur with your thoughts that there's only so much you can play around with here..the tyre grip/wear algorithm being hidden away from us in the source code.

BUT one thing that really bugs me BIG TIME about the modern era Milestone motogp and RIDE racing games is the fact that off-track the grass and terrain is way, way to grippy to the point of making the experience of an excursion off the track an Arcade experience. It doesn't really matter if you mess up and run wide and off the track. The tyres just keep on gripping.. Craner Curves at Donington? No problem. If you hit the grass by mistake just keep that throttle pinned and adjust your line back onto the shiny tarmac.. That's Arcade. Personally I find it really, really annoying. If I make a silly mistake I want to be fully penalised for it. I want the whole experience of making a mistake to be realistic.. If my front tyre or rear tyre touches the grass whilst cranked over and hard on the power I expect to go down..abruptly. Same goes when trail braking on the front and/or back brake if I run wide and touch that grass! You should be in deep trouble immediately.. But if you stand her up then maybe you will have enough grip to save it, stay upright and with a careful throttle get her back onto the track once again.. Just as in real life. across the grass and associated off-track terrain?

40485042481_23892561dc_h.jpg
tyre files[/url] by Tracey Roberts, on Flickr[/IMG] tyre files by Tracey Roberts, on Flickr
Now, like i've said before Tracey, these games, whether we like it or not, are, and will remain arcade. I play these games because i want my arcade game to be a bit harder. But remain arcade. No matter what we do, we play these games to chill. If you really want realism, you have to look at a simulator. Just saying :D Love your vids.

Now, like i've said before Tracey, these games, whether we like it or not, are, and will remain arcade. I play these games because i want my arcade game to be a bit harder. But remain arcade. No matter what we do, we play these games to chill. If you really want realism, you have to look at a simulator. Just saying :D Love your vids.

Yeah I do understand what you are saying "Crash" and I understand why "Mildly-Stoned" have done this but I cannot help but compare things in this respect to gp500, SBK2000/SBK2001 and the early "modern" era versions of the SBK series (SBK08, SBKX, SBK & SBK Generations) which all had slippery grass and treacherous off-track terrain.. It's only since motogp13 that we've had the "arcade" grass etc.

So I know I'm a naughty girl but I cannot help myself.. ;)

As regards "simulators" for m/c racing there is only one choice . gpbikes. Which I do already hold a full licence for and which I did try-out quite seriously a couple of years back. gpbikes is harder than real life.. So I guess that's why I am here really tbh. I'm not after a full on hardcore "simulator" but something in-between.

That's all really. Not trying to start a revolution or anything.. Well only slightly. :D

Yeah I do understand what you are saying "Crash" and I understand why "Mildly-Stoned" have done this but I cannot help but compare things in this respect to gp500, SBK2000/SBK2001 and the early "modern" era versions of the SBK series (SBK08, SBKX, SBK & SBK Generations) which all had slippery grass and treacherous off-track terrain.. It's only since motogp13 that we've had the "arcade" grass etc.

So I know I'm a naughty girl but I cannot help myself.. ;)

As regards "simulators" for m/c racing there is only one choice . gpbikes. Which I do already hold a full licence for and which I did try-out quite seriously a couple of years back. gpbikes is harder than real life.. So I guess that's why I am here really tbh. I'm not after a full on hardcore "simulator" but something in-between.

That's all really. Not trying to start a revolution or anything.. Well only slightly. :D
I completely understand, and i get what you are saying because i remember the old games being way more real aswell. It's true that they've gone downhill and that is not good. And yes i understand simulators honestly, are not simulators, they're a freaking surgery xD You have to be perfect and indeed it's harder than real life. So yeah i get you. (also, i like naughty girls so you cool ;) )

Hey Midge, I've tweaked some things in the tyres, it wasn't enough? :cautious:

Under GRIP variable it's OK, because the names there are intuitive. I've made small adjustments there, mainly about the gripPeak.

The problem is under the DECAY variable.There we can control not just the tyre decay but the ideal temperature for grip, how much time / force to make it reach the temperature, how much rubber will be lost while in this moment and so on... But what tha hell is fKcons, faD1, fK, fB, fC, do you know what I mean? :mad:

@CrashBandicoot, I know what you're say'in, but those games haven't AI opponents to play along when you're alone... I know it's an arcade, but I think we must have the same concerns during the gameplay, just less "critical".

Here in Ride 2 I think we can't do to much about the tyres because they didn't putted any graphs to be able to follow the tyre status. But in MotoGP17 the tyre usage is a primary matter to win a race.

I want to deliver a challenge, but not just to be difficult to beat an AI, I want to deliver at least realistic SENSATIONS of racing. Not a simulation of real life, but a simulation of the challenge of being compete riding superbikes. ;)

The mainly thing that was bothering me was the easy handling. In the vanilla physisc you must be really dumb about bike riding to think that convincing. Now we get over that, the next step is deliver a good tyre use experience. Riding bikes for me is just that: to brake and accelerate it properly and take care of your tyres...:p

Hey Midge, I've tweaked some things in the tyres, it wasn't enough? :cautious:

Under GRIP variable it's OK, because the names there are intuitive. I've made small adjustments there, mainly about the gripPeak.

The problem is under the DECAY variable.There we can control not just the tyre decay but the ideal temperature for grip, how much time / force to make it reach the temperature, how much rubber will be lost while in this moment and so on... But what tha hell is fKcons, faD1, fK, fB, fC, do you know what I mean? :mad:

@CrashBandicoot, I know what you're say'in, but those games haven't AI opponents to play along when you're alone... I know it's an arcade, but I think we must have the same concerns during the gameplay, just less "critical".

Here in Ride 2 I think we can't do to much about the tyres because they didn't putted any graphs to be able to follow the tyre status. But in MotoGP17 the tyre usage is a primary matter to win a race.

I want to deliver a challenge, but not just to be difficult to beat an AI, I want to deliver at least realistic SENSATIONS of racing. Not a simulation of real life, but a simulation of the challenge of being compete riding superbikes. ;)

The mainly thing that was bothering me was the easy handling. In the vanilla physisc you must be really dumb about bike riding to think that convincing. Now we get over that, the next step is deliver a good tyre use experience. Riding bikes for me is just that: to brake and accelerate it properly and take care of your tyres...:p
I get it yes yes i lost this battle, you and tracey won :) But i mean i don't my game to 100% ultra difficult. Because honestly i don't have the skills to be so good. To me ride 2 is perfect the way it is now, and i still have to use rewind because i crash a lot :o So yeah i need to improve.

I get it yes yes i lost this battle, you and tracey won :) But i mean i don't my game to 100% ultra difficult. Because honestly i don't have the skills to be so good. To me ride 2 is perfect the way it is now, and i still have to use rewind because i crash a lot :o So yeah i need to improve.

I do need this rewind too! It's normal but when you get used to the track you start to need it less and less... ;)

I'm not aiming to be an "I wanna be a superbike hero"! But I want the player need to concetrate himself in the race like a real race...

My mind in ROAD AMERICA (with the bend) after the chicane :p:
- Acceeeeee<2nd>eeeeeee:inlove:rd>eeeeeeeeeee<4th>eeeeeeeeeee<5th>eeeel
- Braaaaaaaaa<4th gear>aaaaa:inlove:rd, rear getting up :confused:, release the brake a bit>aaaaaaaa<2nd, lean and release the brake smoothly>aaaake
- Apex, a bit of accel
- Acceeeee <sh*t, rear spinning, release a bit :unsure:> eeeee<fine, it's gripping again>eeeeee:inlove:rd>eeeeeel
- Uphill corner... a bit rear brake to control it :sneaky:
- Acceeeeeeeeee<sh*t, rear spinning again :mad:, release a bit>eeeeeeeeeeeeeeellll
- last corner, braaaaaaaaaaa< release a bit>aaaaaa<2nd gear>aaaaaa<release brake smoothtly>aaaaaaa<just a bit to force the limit>aaa<ops, bike is wobbling :confused: release the brake>ake
- Apex, a bit of accel
- Acceeeeeeee<fine, tire didn't have slippered this time! :ninja:>eeee:inlove:rd>eeee<main straight>eeeeee<4th>eeee<relax the arms, leave the engine to do his job :whistling:>eeeeeeeee<5th>eeeeeeeeee<6th>eeeeeeeeeeeeeeel
- First corner now... preparing the soul
- I'm seeing the braking point, prepare the hands...
- Braaaaaaaa<5th>aaa<4th>aaaa:inlove:rd>aaaaaaaa<damn, I'd started to brake too late, 2nd>aaa<smooth release, leaning>aaaake

I do need this rewind too! It's normal but when you get used to the track you start to need it less and less... ;)

I'm not aiming to be an "I wanna be a superbike hero"! But I want the player need to concetrate himself in the race like a real race...

My mind in ROAD AMERICA (with the bend) after the chicane :p:
- Acceeeeee<2nd>eeeeeee:inlove:rd>eeeeeeeeeee<4th>eeeeeeeeeee<5th>eeeel
- Braaaaaaaaa<4th gear>aaaaa:inlove:rd, rear getting up :confused:, release the brake a bit>aaaaaaaa<2nd, lean and release the brake smoothly>aaaake
- Apex, a bit of accel
- Acceeeee <sh*t, rear spinning, release a bit :unsure:> eeeee<fine, it's gripping again>eeeeee:inlove:rd>eeeeeel
- Uphill corner... a bit rear brake to control it :sneaky:
- Acceeeeeeeeee<sh*t, rear spinning again :mad:, release a bit>eeeeeeeeeeeeeeellll
- last corner, braaaaaaaaaaa< release a bit>aaaaaa<2nd gear>aaaaaa<release brake smoothtly>aaaaaaa<just a bit to force the limit>aaa<ops, bike is wobbling :confused: release the brake>ake
- Apex, a bit of accel
- Acceeeeeeee<fine, tire didn't have slippered this time! :ninja:>eeee:inlove:rd>eeee<main straight>eeeeee<4th>eeee<relax the arms, leave the engine to do his job :whistling:>eeeeeeeee<5th>eeeeeeeeee<6th>eeeeeeeeeeeeeeel
- First corner now... preparing the soul
- I'm seeing the braking point, prepare the hands...
- Braaaaaaaa<5th>aaa<4th>aaaa:inlove:rd>aaaaaaaa<damn, I'd started to brake too late, 2nd>aaa<smooth release, leaning>aaaake
That's every racers mind :D we do that in seconds and without thinking so it's fantastic. But also on some tracks im like braaa braaaaa ready to break (ai SLAMS me) okay let's rewind and move over, braaa braaa (ai destroys me) okay let's rewind and let the ai through, and stuff like that :)

Last edited:
It happens to me too... :rolleyes:
The AI is just dumb in Ride 2... They have a configuration to be careful but if I increase it, they starts to bo so careful they don't even try to overtake anyone... :mad:

MGP17 is a bit better in this matter... :cautious:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea