Real Challenge Physics MOD

RIDE 2 Real Challenge Physics MOD ULTIMATE 2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi Dyego. I am going to download and try out your "final" physics version for the game..right now. ( I notice you already have two final versions..already.. ;) )

I'll let you know how I get on with it.

You have totally transformed these games for me (motogp17 and RIDE 2). And I mean "transformed". For the better..!

Thank you ever so much for all you have done for us.. :thumbsup:

p.s. the IOM TT game is to my absolute surprise and amazement really good.. provided you race from 1st person and not chase view. Intimidatingly difficult and very challenging over a whole lap on "helmet" cam. With a few reservations about the physics and with some tweaks made to the handling and tyre physics I think this could go on to be an absolute classic. That's just my own opinion of course. Many ppl are you probably are as you aware are not happy with it.. but I am guessing they are the same sort of people who would not enjoy your "simulation" physics mods.. The 3rd person "chase view" on the game for me is extremely problematic though. Much better from the helmet perspective. I wonder if we can mod this thing?

p.s. Dyego, I will have a play as planned with adjusting the tyre files as previously discussed. To try to get some "slipperyness" on the grass and off-track generally. I just haven't had a chance to do this yet..combination of pc problems and my growing addiction to the IOM TT experience on PS4.. I will let you know if I have any success. From what you are telling me though I do not think this will be the answer for us.

I take it you've tried everything Dyego?

Sorry to be a "numptie" if you have. I will for my own benefit just have a look at it though..

I had a go on the PS4 version of RIDE 2 yesterday..just to remind me what Milestone's vanilla Pro Physics is like. I cannot go back to racing on it now.. That speaks volumes for you work Dyego.

Well, I don't have any consoles, so I need to wait until de PC release... I've saw your videos and other about TT IOM and my initial thoughts is about:
- The changing direction time: it appears to be slow to change directions... I think we don't have any chicane to this be a problem in this game...
- Unrealistic rider movement;

And also you said the game have a weak feedback to the joypad...

But I must have a try by myself to have an truly feeling about it... So I have to wait... :(

Do you have enough feedback just using the front camera??

About the tires in fact I didn't tried EVERYTHING... but tried a great many changes and nothing works like i thought...

In fact I've managed to make it very slippy, but the tires goes away if you touch the grass... So I gave up on try to made this and started to work on the mod thinking about not to be so realistic... :p

Well, I don't have any consoles, so I need to wait until de PC release... I've saw your videos and other about TT IOM and my initial thoughts is about:
- The changing direction time: it appears to be slow to change directions... I think we don't have any chicane to this be a problem in this game...
- Unrealistic rider movement;

And also you said the game have a weak feedback to the joypad...

But I must have a try by myself to have an truly feeling about it... So I have to wait... :(

Do you have enough feedback just using the front camera??

About the tires in fact I didn't tried EVERYTHING... but tried a great many changes and nothing works like i thought...

In fact I've managed to make it very slippy, but the tires goes away if you touch the grass... So I gave up on try to made this and started to work on the mod thinking about not to be so realistic... :p

Hi Dyego, thanks for being gentle and patient with me regarding the tyre and grass issue on RIDE 2 and motogp. I do appreciate your help. I really do. All I was visualising here was getting RIDE 2 (or motogp) to the same level of feel in terms of when you take to the grass as I get from the old and venerable gp500 game..

Having spent some hours myself adjusting the tyre files in the physics folder I am close to admitting defeat. I agree nothing seems to make much of a meaningful difference. To make this easier for myself I concentrated on just two categories of bikes..so I was experimenting with TYRESCATALOG-MOTOGP.BML and the equivalent Super Sport 600 category file.. Sadly to no avail. Not what I really wanted anyway.. I adjusted both "Side Grip" and "longitudinal Grip" and set various different values of "grip peak" and "Slip Threshold". Both in the main Physics/Tyre folder and the Data folder itself within the Tyre folder.. I presume these two sets of files are interrelated and the sets of values need to match each other?

Anyway, I failed. lol.

I wanted this so that if you hit the grass at an angle of lean the bike slid away from under you..

It takes quite a while even to make such straightforward changes to the tyre physics files and then repack the data.mix file and start up the game and test the results. Particularly if you have a glitch and the game crashes because you over-adjusted a value. If nothing else this tells me how much work you and Giovane have put in to create your simulation physics mods. For all your efforts I sincerely thank you both!!

As regards the IOM TT game as you probably gathered I like it..

Rider movement(s) in 3rd party view ("chase" view) are awful though. Also what you see in terms of virtual rider animation doesn't match what's happening with the physics too well.. For me personally I have to play the game from the 1st person perspective. Then (for me at least) the physics and steering inputs and responses make sense.

Speed of direction changes from "helmet" cam seem absolutely fine.. Control and steering through slow corners and hairpins seems very accomplished from 1st person view. If I switch to chase view it's nowhere near as good..

That's all I can say really. Dyego, you will if you buy IOM TT have to try it out for yourself. To see what you make of it..

(As a parting shot on this my own opinion is that IOM TT needs proper and accurate controller vibration feedback so that you can feel the tyres starting to lock, the rear end starting to slide and it needs much more fidelity of vibrational feedback from the track, bumps being the main concern. Also when the tyres do let go sometimes the physics overreacts and you get "random" lurches left or right. You can end up unexpectedly in a ditch. That's one of the problems that people have identified. So it lurches sometimes rather than "tucking" the front. Also back end slides can be sudden and more of a "lurch" than a slide.. I am hoping Kylotonn will patch it to improve these aspects that are causing problems for people. At the moment as it stands the game is extremely unforgiving when things go wrong..)

I do really don't know. It seems the files outside DATA folder seems to had no effects...

This effects occurs in the actual version, but you need to be at very high lean angle to fall... I think it need to be a number less than 1.0, but the game crashes if do it...

I thank you about the efforts on testing! The main problem about modding this is just that part! :unsure:

About TT IOM, lets see if the PC version will comes with some improvement, but I doubt it. Probably they're trying to difficult our lives with mods and mostly to avoid us of to "steal" the track model... :cautious:

Hey @girlracerTracey! Have a look!

And guys, be careful with race modified bikes with 1000cc, they're a bit more nervous!

Wow! I am genuinely delighted by this.. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Cool bananas!

This is pretty much exactly what I was hoping would be possible.

I'm going to have a look at the physics files and try to work out what the hell you did..

You are a genius.

love Traceyx :inlove:

(p.s. if you carry on like this I might have to marry you..if ever you become available..)

In fact I didn't do "nothing". I think less than 1.0 in grip values would crash the game but it proved me wrong... Maybe I was messing with other thing that was crashing the game I don't know...

But it works! :rolleyes:

In fact I didn't do "nothing". I think less than 1.0 in grip values would crash the game but it proved me wrong... Maybe I was messing with other thing that was crashing the game I don't know...

But it works! :rolleyes:

Ahhh. O.K. That makes sense now. I deliberately avoided going below 1.0 on grip value(s) following your word of caution to me previously. I did go down to 0.90 though just see see if it would make any difference on the grass.. at 0.90 it felt no different so I played with other aspects and adjustments to no avail.

But seriously Dyego this is brilliant news in my firm and honest opinion. This completes your excellent "simulation" physics mod for me. It definitively does in my opinion. Your overall work on this is simply amazing.. You have transformed RIDE 2 from an "arcade" racer to something that is really challenging and very, very enjoyable.. Congratulations.

I am so happy with mod now in every single way within, of course,the parameters of what is possible in the absence of the source code.

Brilliant stuff!

And thank you!

"Midge" :thumbsup:;)

just a small idea from my side before you waste too much time on the tyres .... editing the terrain.bml might also do some tricks, values like MaxGripBoost or Friction sound like you can make grass more slippery etc.

I've already tweaked with this but didn't sense any change... It affects the grip but appears to be more dependent of others factors too...

Anyway, finally we've got something about this grass and I hope to not mess with anything else! :roflmao:

Thanks for the help! :)

I think it's time for motogp 17 now?? :) After your break of course :whistling::whistling:
I'm already working on it... but I'm losing too much time trying to make the times more close... I'm about to give in! :cautious:

I can't understand how Moto3 can do 1:57.X, Moto2 1:51.X and MotoGP 1:46.X on Mugello... C'mon! The difference between a 250cc and a prototype 1000cc is just almost 12sec???? Really????!!! :mad:

In the game I must put the grip of the 250cc/600cc very high compared to MGP to make those time being close... :(

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back