Real Challenge Physics MOD

RIDE 2 Real Challenge Physics MOD ULTIMATE 2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Well... It's different but the soul is the same...

The main thing is about the visual perception of realism... The primary target was to make the physics challenging but without strange visual behaviors...

Hope you give a try and tell me your feedbacks to improve it! :thumbsup:

I would have two problems:
1-when I load a circuit the game crashes
2-files in the RCPM_MODFILES folder where should I put them?

You must use only the data.mix and replace de original one (backup it first).

The folder RCPM_MODFILES is just if you use other mod and want to mix them. Inside it has just the files that I modded, to copy inside the DATA folder (I assume you already know how to mix them);

I need to create some read-me file, my bad! :thumbsdown:

You must use only the data.mix and replace de original one (backup it first).

The folder RCPM_MODFILES is just if you use other mod and want to mix them. Inside it has just the files that I modded, to copy inside the DATA folder (I assume you already know how to mix them);

I need to create some read-me file, my bad! :thumbsdown:
ok I put only the data file but the game always crashes when I try to load a circuit
p.s my version of the game is the V1.000

I've packet with the lastest version updated...

Try to unpack your original data.mix with Mixfile_ReMixer from LeMic, then copy and paste the files inside RCPM_MODFILES to the DATA folder created after unpack the file then repack it (fomat "SBK-X/V8" and check "compress files").

Blimey! You're not messing around this time Dyego are you?! ;)

Having got over the initial shock of riding out for a lap of Sugo with this physics version and dusting myself off in hospital with a headache and an aching back..I went back for more. And I enjoyed it..

This is a major difference, obviously, in the biting power of the front brake. Particularly on a downhill approach to a corner.. But yes having recalibrated my brain it works for me!

This requires a different style of riding completely on corner entry..you don't grab at it with your right hand. You squeeze..

Good stuff! A bit over-powered and manic to begin with. But yeah I get it Dyego..

"Midge" :speechless:

Hi Midge! How you're doing!?

There is a while since my accident that I don't ride a bike and put my hands in my father's 250cc bike, and remembered we cannot just pull the brake lever when braking... must have a "smooth" pulling just to transfer the weight to the front THEN you can pull more and do the trail braking...

Other thing I tried, but with no sucess, is when you brake in leaning, the deformation of the tyre makes the bike go up... but there is nothing to configure in this matter, hope in the next games they put something related to this because it exists for skidding, is just the same thing for braking. :(

In general, I tweaked less things this time: few things that makes all difference in the game.

Wating for your, and of the community, feedbacks! ;)

Hi Midge! How you're doing!?

There is a while since my accident that I don't ride a bike and put my hands in my father's 250cc bike, and remembered we cannot just pull the brake lever when braking... must have a "smooth" pulling just to transfer the weight to the front THEN you can pull more and do the trail braking...

Other thing I tried, but with no sucess, is when you brake in leaning, the deformation of the tyre makes the bike go up... but there is nothing to configure in this matter, hope in the next games they put something related to this because it exists for skidding, is just the same thing for braking. :(

In general, I tweaked less things this time: few things that makes all difference in the game.

Wating for your, and of the community, feedbacks! ;)

For me, for personal tastes, the front brake is a bit "overpowered" now.. although I fully understand where and why you are heading with this. I am losing my control a bit with the rear brake because of the overwhelming strength and biting power of the front. But it is fun..

I think for me personally I would settle for a little bit more "pliability" and "user friendliness" on that front. Whilst at the same time maintaining the effect you have achieved with this.

Just my opinion. And obviously meant as a "constructve" opinion.

"Midge" :)

Okay so, having played with the newest version for around 40 minutes (probably not enough) i can say that i am not that happy, and there's only one thing bothering me, and that is the braking. Now don't get me wrong, you did a fantastic job with the mod, the bikes feel great now but, let me tell you what i think. Honestly, if you think about it, there is a thin line, between having fun while being challenging, and trying to stay alive. I think we're leaning a bit wayy too much on the "staying alive" part. Now, i tried braking a ton of different ways, most of them failed. What i found working good was to break veeeeery very smoothly, and only around 50%. If i tried any more than this, Milestone physics would kick in and wobble my bike to death. Now when leaning, boy am i frustrated xD even if i slightly touch the trigger (360 controller) i die. And i mean it was kind off too much in the 5.3 version :p But now, again in my opinion, is not that fun. I haven't tried running against the AI so i can't tell you about that, but when racing, you think differently than when you're alone on the track. And what i mean is, when i am alone i think of my braking points, how to enter the corner, how much to break and things like that. When you're racing, you're thinking of not touching the AI, you're thinking of how to overtake, and you're not calm enough to think so much about the required smooth braking you need to do, to not crash. So while i love the way the bikes feel, it is kinda ruined by the braking, and i honestly think that we need to relax a bit on that category, and make it a bit more "fun". Other than that keep up the amazing work, you make my games feel alive and worthy of playing :)

Thanks very much for the feedback!

What I can say is: for now it is intended to be a "punisher". It's better to me work backward, softing things.

I've played some times testing it and after you've trained with the new physics the way you use the brakes becomes automatic (at least to me).

I think the main thing we suffer with the brakes is because there is no hidraulic resistance in the trigger as we have with a brake lever... So I'm trying to deliver some challenge on this matter, so is up to us to not use the full braking.

I waste a lot of time measuring the exactly amount of braking to use, and I'm sure it now is about 20% of the telemetric graphic. When we are racing or paying attention to the right brake points we can't control these things... just training. To help, in the real life, the bike tends to get up when braking, so we could pull the brake lever more. In the game we don't have this behavior, so YOU need to put the bike up to use more braking.

So what you think about this? More 5% braking? More 10%? Or the problem is about the time you have to "save" the lowside? Is it too critical? need to be more time to the player have time to do something to save himself?

Thanks very much for the feedback!

What I can say is: for now it is intended to be a "punisher". It's better to me work backward, softing things.

I've played some times testing it and after you've trained with the new physics the way you use the brakes becomes automatic (at least to me).

I think the main thing we suffer with the brakes is because there is no hidraulic resistance in the trigger as we have with a brake lever... So I'm trying to deliver some challenge on this matter, so is up to us to not use the full braking.

I waste a lot of time measuring the exactly amount of braking to use, and I'm sure it now is about 20% of the telemetric graphic. When we are racing or paying attention to the right brake points we can't control these things... just training. To help, in the real life, the bike tends to get up when braking, so we could pull the brake lever more. In the game we don't have this behavior, so YOU need to put the bike up to use more braking.

So what you think about this? More 5% braking? More 10%? Or the problem is about the time you have to "save" the lowside? Is it too critical? need to be more time to the player have time to do something to save himself?

I think the problem is Dyego that the tendency for the rear of the bike to lift is far too pronounced.. in real life for sure you can do the same thing but you have to brake really hard and apply full and sustained pressure through the brake lever. Then it will lift. Motorcycles, race bikes included, are designed not to do this unless sustained and hard pressure is applied to the front brake. Weight distribution being an important part of motorcycle and race bike design. With the current front brake setting in version 6.02 it's more a case of trying to avoid the rear lifting on hard braking rather than this being a possibility if you misjudge your braking and run far too hot into the corner.. It lifts if you are not careful at first "grab" of the brakes. It's not user-friendly like that and race bikes, like road bikes, are set up to be user friendly. Only a mistake by the rider will cause the rear end of a race bike in real life to lift up that high..

I quite like the effect, the effect was present in motogp13, but I think the effect is far too pronounced in 6.02.

That's my honest take on this. I can play with some file adjustments on this if you want me to and give you my opinion of some alternative settings on this?

I love the physics mod on RIDE 2, I absolutely rate it, highly, but I think this is a step too far on that front brake..

"Midge" ;)

Yes. Yes yes and yes again!! It's way more calm now and you actually have the freedom of breaking when leaning. You also get that feeling where the rear gets up in the air when you break hard :D Great stuff mate!! Will try to record maybe today, and share a video here (raw file of my riding) but we'll see!!

Midge, if you want to test things, in DEFAULTBIKERIDE.BML in Vehicle > fBrakeBalance, decrease it to get less "rear lifts". The original is 1.0. Before update 6.3 it was 1.2, now it is 1.1.

In general, I've decreased the instability while braking, I think is more friendly now...

Probably a silly question Dyego but will this take smaller increments of adjustment? So a value of say 1.05 rather than say 1.1? I'm just thinking aloud really.. Or would a 1.05 simply register as a 1.0?

I will try your updated (i.e. slightly toned down) physics version later today..

Keep smiling! As I know you do Dyego.. Because you're doing a fantastic job on this stuff!

I will play around with some increments and values Dyego and see if this is possible..

On motogp13 to race competitively in our leagues at appropriate moments such as downhill braking you would have to pull back on the left thumbstick (to shift rider weight towards the rear of the bike) to compensate for the tendency of the rear to lift..particularly heading hard and fast into downhill hairpins etc. Theoretically I guess that will help with this physics version on RIDE 2 also?

My concern with this is that on previous physics versions I had a lovely effect going with the rear end going sideways slightly on the brakes ("backing it in") that helped me a little to scrub off speed and momentum on corner entry..now it is all about the front and I am not getting that same "feel" with crossing it up slightly on the brakes and downshifts.. That's my slight concern with this.

"Midge" ;)

Dyego and others,just to voice something to you..

My biggest gripe with RIDE 2 and motogp17 is the distinct lack of a functional and convincing tyre grip/tyre wear algorithm. I loved this in gp500 by Melbourne House and I still do when I play it..

Is there anything at all we can do to fix this in RIDE 2 and motogp17?

The full beauty and depth of a physics model (a modified physics model) is not revealed until the black round and grippy things start "going off" and wearing.. Then things become more pronounced and interesting as a general rule..

This is what I miss in Milestone's bike racing game. Big time.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 364 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years