Real Challenge Physics MOD

RIDE 2 Real Challenge Physics MOD ULTIMATE 2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey Midge, I've tweaked some things in the tyres, it wasn't enough? :cautious:

I haven't had a chance to try this yet Dyego. I have had another h/d problem with my home computer (on a budget as I am I source secondhand drives..I know, I know..! False economy..lol)

But I will try your final update version tonight. There is only so much you/we can do Dyego with what god (in this case "Mildly-Stoned" the eternal god of head scratching and unbridled chaos..) has provided.

But it's "fun" trying..

grT ;)

All I know about these files is the gripPeak, slipThreshold and the stiffnessFactor under Grip section. Decay is a mistery to me. Dirt is just when to start the animation of the tire getting dirty when you hit the grass or sand...

gripPeak > More high, more grip. I don't remember but I think if you put less than 1.0 the game crashes. For SideGrip it affects the max angle of leaning.

slipThreshold > More high, more slippy. But different of the gripPeak, this doesn't affects the lean angle limit. If too high makes the rear end of the bike goes away when leaning (like you're riding on ice or soap)

stiffnessFactor > The stiffness of the tire. When less, more grip.

gripReduction > I have no idea. But if you put more than 1.0, the game crashes. Thought it was something related to percentual of grip when you're reducing the speed, but I didn't see any changes. I putted from 0.0 to 0.99 and didn't see any difference...

hello.
do you know what files i have to edit for AI Supermoto (cross bikes) ?
they are too much agressive and crash themselves in so many turn.
i would like calm down all.

All I know about these files is the gripPeak, slipThreshold and the stiffnessFactor under Grip section. Decay is a mistery to me. Dirt is just when to start the animation of the tire getting dirty when you hit the grass or sand...

gripPeak > More high, more grip. I don't remember but I think if you put less than 1.0 the game crashes. For SideGrip it affects the max angle of leaning.

slipThreshold > More high, more slippy. But different of the gripPeak, this doesn't affects the lean angle limit. If too high makes the rear end of the bike goes away when leaning (like you're riding on ice or soap)

stiffnessFactor > The stiffness of the tire. When less, more grip.

gripReduction > I have no idea. But if you put more than 1.0, the game crashes. Thought it was something related to percentual of grip when you're reducing the speed, but I didn't see any changes. I putted from 0.0 to 0.99 and didn't see any difference...

Thanks very much Dyego.

It doesn't look very promising to me in my quest to make "off-track" forays more like real life.. But I will try playing with a few adjustments to see if it makes any discernible improvement.

Really, what you and Giovane have achieved without the source code is amazing..

"Midge"

p.s. what is your thinking, if anything so far, about Kylotonn's IOM TT game? To my eyes I am struggling to see much of a meaningful physics engine in the YouTube pre-release videos. I sincerely hope my eyes are merely being over critical.. Would you be interested in modding it, or trying to a t least, if it turns out to be half or quarter decent..?

hello.
do you know what files i have to edit for AI Supermoto (cross bikes) ?
they are too much agressive and crash themselves in so many turn.
i would like calm down all.
I'll not lie to you: I didn't give a sh*t for this class... :cautious:
I've made physics changes tested it poorly and I've not tested against the AI.:whistling:

Try to put just the original files for the tires. It is TYRESCATALOG_MOTARD.BML in DATA\PHYSICS\TYRES and DATA\PHYSICS\TYRES\DATA

p.s. what is your thinking, if anything so far, about Kylotonn's IOM TT game? To my eyes I am struggling to see much of a meaningful physics engine in the YouTube pre-release videos. I sincerely hope my eyes are merely being over critical.. Would you be interested in modding it, or trying to a t least, if it turns out to be half or quarter decent..?

The game was released already? I agree with you, by videos the physics appears to be not quite well...

I have no idea how to mod their files. If they be like Milestone's we need to find out how to extract their files (the MixFile Remixer's job) and then find out what is anything inside there...

Just to you know, Milestone files are modded since MotoGP08 (when MixFile Remixer born)... Here in RaceDepastment I'd never modded anything until 2015 (@Giovaneveterano who teached me, modifying directly in the binary) and THEN I've understood their BML files and made the BML Editor tool...

So see the path over the years to make this mod exists... I don't know if will be fast and "easy" to do this for a fresh game without historic of other titles modded...

But let's see what we can do! ;)

The game was released already? I agree with you, by videos the physics appears to be not quite well...

I have no idea how to mod their files. If they be like Milestone's we need to find out how to extract their files (the MixFile Remixer's job) and then find out what is anything inside there...

Just to you know, Milestone files are modded since MotoGP08 (when MixFile Remixer born)... Here in RaceDepastment I'd never modded anything until 2015 (@Giovaneveterano who teached me, modifying directly in the binary) and THEN I've understood their BML files and made the BML Editor tool...

So see the path over the years to make this mod exists... I don't know if will be fast and "easy" to do this for a fresh game without historic of other titles modded...

But let's see what we can do! ;)

I have been exchanging messages with a friendly guy who was involved in modding and testing WRC7 (also by Kylotonn) and he is saying the intention will be to "mod" the IOM TT Game also. They know how to "mod" Kylotonn's racing games.. I mentioned that I knew you.

So, anyway, if it's not total "pants" maybe we (as in "you") might be able perhaps to help them a bit with some advice?

My gut feeling though is that rather than modding it it might just want shooting with a gun.. ;)

mate I know the was the final n' all but remember the bug that would effect you pulling the bike from side to side? eg: do tire warming and the bike will not weave, it falls

Hi @McConvile! How you're doing?

Well... I've made few changes from the vanilla default values for this new one...

I remember to be something related in try to save a fall when slipping, am I right?

If you could record some video with this behavior happening and a video in real life with the expected behavior should help a lot!

I don't believe we have this level of control of the bike when they're slipping... :unsure:

I've tried to remember reading the old comments but I do not remember the exactly behavior... :redface:

Yep thats far better mate. Im doing my testing at the NW200 with a ZXR6 and the KR1. high speed feels good but I think at low speed the front of both bikes are very un-stable. It could be my riding still though :)

Yep thats far better mate. Im doing my testing at the NW200 with a ZXR6 and the KR1. high speed feels good but I think at low speed the front of both bikes are very un-stable. It could be my riding still though :)
If you are talking about that U corner in the final part, it's a problem of that sector... I think the devs have deliberately leaved that corner with too much bumps... There is only one way to make the bike works fine on that corner: using the default physics... :cautious:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 52 27.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 33 17.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 36 19.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 21 11.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 11 5.9%