RDRC S8 Round 5 - Rally Germany (17th April - 23rd April 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, I need to set myself an alarm to remind me which weeks RDRC stages are running... totally forgot again until now. Out all day tomorrow so it looks like my evening has just been laid out for me! Fingers crossed that I make the finish this time... :unsure:

Finished!
Germany + Polo is my favorite combination, also the only chance to get some points! But due to some ''small" mistakes i am sitting in 24th at this point! So points I will try to get in next season! :D
Some Screens from my adventure in Germany...
20170422211230_1.jpg
20170422211419_1.jpg
20170422214320_1.jpg

Mechanics from Germany are real masters, but this time I was a crap :/ Mistakes here and there dropped me out from the fight with CrazyHorse and Gaudin. So I was trying to hold my place from pigloaf and don't make any more big mistakes.
Hope to get some points this time :rolleyes:

Nice! Posted personal best times with good margin. To sum up the errors; in the rain at ss5 I got out on the slippery grass and spun round and had to reverse back on track at the start of the long straight after the third turn. On ss14 I was braking too late at the hillclimb middle section, skimmed a hinkelstone and into a bush.

Wanted to score a good result here in this aspalt-rally. I'm ready for some points as the 4WD+ class has been hard, and needing to be top 20 is demanding for my old Lancia and me.

Video: Flugzeugring Reverse (S) - Stage 16 Lancia Delta S4 - 2:39.176 Midday/clear

I just made it to the first checkpoint - four stages done, twelve to go. The next five will be the crazy-long slog until the next service point, and even then there are another 3 before the final service+checkpoint.
So far, almost so good. Things were going very well, and I had only lost a few seconds here and there to mistakes, when I spun on the final real corner of SS4, and lost about 6 seconds. Ah well. Lying in p11 on the PC league right now (seems like that's about p15 overall), so am still in with a chance of points if I keep it up and NOBODY ELSE RACES from here on in. (Get the hint there guys? :p)

I finished Germany. Had lots of mistakes,minor crashes, spins and bushes`s mowed down in first 4 stages, so car had 40% damage before first repair point , mechanically wise...

Finland was easier , why :whistling:

I was fighting with bsheepie , my fellow Brit, from the get go, who was in the same class and using the same car. It was so close all the way through, But i think i managed to hold it together :speechless:

Here`s a screenshot from my run at the end how the car looked. Was hovering between 46-53 overall for the entire rally.
310560_20170422223311_1.jpg

The front of the car is trashed :roflmao: Oh well another time. Managed to finish at no 47.

Thanks to Gaudin for watching the car`nage and crashing on Twitch :D I wonder if hes was having a little chuckle. I know i was ;)

Last edited:
It was nice to watch - H-shifting with clutch (or do you had autoclutch active) looks harder than with paddles, impressive. It looks so much faster than driving myself - you did a good job, iron out the small mistakes and you'll climb up the leaderboards easily, your speed is sometimes really fast (sometimes too fast hehe).

Didnt watch the whole stream, but what I witnessed was entertaining, can remember one HUGE moment at a 4R CUT, massively cutting into the gras, almost bumping in a large tree 20meter away from the road, that was close to terminal failure hrrhrr

hi guys...i started this event on friday. i did the first 4 stages and then i saved and exit the game. i check racenet just to see if i was the last man standing as usual......surprice.....no times for me at all....second chance??? maybe i thought. i restart the rally from 1st stage yesterday morning. first 4 stages again and no save..just went out to check my times on racenet..so...1st stage nothing, 2nd stage nothing, 3rd stage and there i was....last man with 45 minutes....WHAT????

Just finished and it's like I've expected.:whistling:
I don't know why but it's not possible for me to handle the tarmac stages in Germany in such a way that I have a good speed. I know It sounds a little bit funny for a German guy....:cool:
Sometimes it feels like a "Drift King Competition" for me with my RWD.
As I noticed the speed and times from Tommie with his 306 I can't believe it. Unbelievable skill level:geek::geek:
Unfortunately for me Norbert strikes back with his BMW M3 in Germany and now he leads with 3:2 between us. Good job Norbert:thumbsup:

Here some impressions:

20170420141018_1.jpg

close to the edge;)

20170422111303_1.jpg

glowing brakes:p

20170421161333_1.jpg

Trying to start a scandinavian flick for next corner:roflmao:

Another enjoying event for me and I want to say a big thank you to the whole organisation team:)

I just did the second loop of stages now, will have some breakfast and a walk before I head off into the final parts of the rally.

SS05 - The driving was precise, but the pace was maybe not high enough.
SS06 - Still not pushing as hard as I can, keeping it steady.
SS07 - Nothing spectacular about this stage.
SS08 - Big overshoot in one of the junctions before the big jump. Had to reverse back onto the road, lost 5-8 seconds there I think.
SS09 - Pushed a bit on this stage, and it felt good. The time is not too shabby either, so I am happy with that :)

It was nice to watch - H-shifting with clutch (or do you had autoclutch active) looks harder than with paddles, impressive.

I was using Auto Clutch. It is HARDER than using paddles BUT you can select the gear you want quicker and get into reverse quicker when needed, If you can get it into reverse :rolleyes: I also had Clutch Override for Handbrake Turns enabled.

Didnt watch the whole stream, but what I witnessed was entertaining, can remember one HUGE moment at a 4R CUT, massively cutting into the grass, almost bumping in a large tree 20meter away from the road, that was close to terminal failure hrrhrr

Many thanks for stopping by and watching me fluff it up :laugh: The look on my face was like WTF , HORROR , i was going at 150`ish KMH and i just missed #THAT TREE. I know i made a lot of mistakes and stupid ones at that. I just forget what speeds to go and where the braking zones are :whistling:

Last edited:
Hi, I have Just finished the rally a while ago. I have done the rally in one sitting, had a good pace but even when I was at my best I could not match the times of the guys in front. On stage 10 Flugzeugring Reverse I had a spin and was given +14 sec penalty (prity much for nothing but thats it) which set me back a little bit in the standings. I finished 10-th overall, a good result for me.
Here are some pictures from the stages and a youtube link with my evolution.
Nice rally in the end.
Enjoy
20170423124004_1.jpg

20170423143331_1.jpg
20170423143225_1.jpg

20170423143403_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No