RDRC S8 Round 5 - Rally Germany (17th April - 23rd April 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
Ky7JLcD.png

After the high speeds, huge jumps, and many broken cars in Finland, we are now heading towards the hinkelsteins, tarmac and concrete in Germany. Rally Finland might've given some upsets in the championship, but no class are anywhere near decided yet, and everything is still in play over the 16 stages and 110km long German rally.

Rally Finland was won by Jon Joannides who took his first win of the season, and also his first RDRC win. Jon took the championship lead back in Sweden, but he had to wait for the fourth event to be able to take his first round win. Even though he have lead the season for such a long time, he still have only 34 points down to second placed man Cristoforos Karaolis. And it is between these two the fight will be. Looking at previous rallies, Joannides might be the favorite, as Karaolis did not get a stellar result in Monte Carlo.
In the 4WD- class, Thomas Mueller took his second straight win, and also managed to get in to the championship lead. However, the one that looked like taking the win, Juho Luomela, proved instead that in rally, anything can happen, at any time. Juho took the lead on the first stage, and held it without issues until the last stage when he lost 40 seconds, and also the rally win. In this class there are just 30 points the separates the top three, and will 200 points still in play, it is far from over.
In the 2WD+ class, Andreas Norström took his third win, in as many rallies, and as Tommie Lindberg didn't manage better than third, the championship fight is suddenly wide open in this class as well. Now it's not enough for Tommie Lindberg to just get second in the remaining events, he needs to beat Norström, or hope that Norström doesn't win, to be able to secure the title himself. Stefan Eblut showed once again that with the right driver, the RWD cars can be fast, and is now third overall in this class.
The 2WD- class is heating up. Initially it looked like it would be a fight between Ismail Yakubu and Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan, but as Bogdan has fallen off slightly in the last two events, and Krister Johansson finding extra speed, winning the last two rallies. The championship looks like it will be between Yakubu and Johansson. Yakubu leads at the moment, while Johansson have the momentum. In Finland we also saw Rinus Huisman scoring his first podium of the season.

For new drivers, here is the RDRC-Checklist:
  • Check that your name in the league on dirtgame.com is the same that you have signed up with - if not, you can notify the score-keeper here. Remember that changing Steam nickname can change your name on dirtgame.com
  • Check that you are indeed registered to your correct league, PC, PS4 or xBox One. You can find your leagues here
  • Remember to check the Directors Note Thread in case of rule changes or important notices. The thread is here.
  • If you are not signed up yet, and wish to participate in the Championship, you can do so by signing up here
For a full overview of all the stages for Rally Germany including descriptions and length, full results from the previous event and more. Here is the solid, grippy tarmac-edition of our Rally Magazine

View the German Edition of the RDRC Rally Magazine here. (Press F11 for fullscreen)
Download the German Edition of the RDRC Rally Magazine here (12.6mb)

wJ1wQxA.png

Important Notes:
  • The Rally is from 17th April 00:01 GMT until 23rd April 23:59GMT. You must've finished and uploaded your time on the last stage before the end-time. NOTE: DST is in effect in large parts of Europe. The RDRC times are still GMT, though your local time may have moved one hour compared to GMT.
  • Remember to join the correct RaceNet League for the system you play on. If not, you will not be able to participate in any rallies. Find your correct league here
  • Control that your RaceNet Name is the same you signed up with, if not, please inform us of your new name here
  • If you drive with another RaceNet Name than you have on the Entry List, and not have given us any notification on the name change, you will not get any result from the rally. There will not be any exceptions to this.​
  • If you have not signed up, you can do so here. You must sign up to be able to participate.​
  • Feel free to take screenshots and videos and share it in our Rally World Thread :)
  • Feel free to share your experience from the rally in this thread, share your perfect runs and share your massive failures, all in the name of fun!​
  • Any rule changes will be posted in the Directors Note Thread. Please keep yourself updated on any changes.

Just completed day one. Pretty much perfect runs stage one and two - then a stupid mistake stage three cost me 10 seconds and damaged my car enough for it to be around 95% at the end of service. Pretty annoyed as my other three stages were almost perfect. But a big day to run tomorrow so I'll have the chance to make up the time!
Getting started on Stage One:
20170417152624_1.jpg
20170417152739_1.jpg

Is anyone getting booted to the main menu in between stages with the game saying that racenet is not available? Or how to solve that issue? I'm getting to the loading screen for Oberstein on day 2 when this happens. So far I've tried to verify the game files on steam and that hasn't helped.

Is anyone getting booted to the main menu in between stages with the game saying that racenet is not available? Or how to solve that issue? I'm getting to the loading screen for Oberstein on day 2 when this happens. So far I've tried to verify the game files on steam and that hasn't helped.
I had that problem as well many weeks ago. I contacted Codies support service and they actually helped!

One problem that may be is using an external firewall, in addition/instead of your Windows firewall.
The second problem it could is it that there is a program blocking the connection to Racenet (or half way through) when starting your computer. Here is the solution to this problem: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Customer service is here: custservice@codemasters.com

Decided to conquer day one today in the Weyerbacher Brewing Team Fate Rally Kadett. All four stages went well. Close to my PR's on first three then faster on Waldabstieg by a second. Sitting in first for 2wd- at the moment, but I have no doubts that the hot shoes will kick me off the podium once they do their stages.

Day one done, three good stages but on stage02 there must have been either a really wrong call or I must have missed sth.: came over a crest thinking I'd have a clear road ahead but found instead a left three or four. Ended up in a bush, extraction cost me about 7 secs :( Track on stages 1-3 was far more slippery than I had expected, haven't played Germany/overcast for quite some time, or so it seems. Next up: the epic first part of day 2, if I survive that, I'm fine.

Guten Morgen :)

Started my "Home Rally" yesterday evening...
rdrc_ger_01.jpg

Here's a little report of what happened on my way.

..:: DAY ONE ::..

SS1 - Flugzeugring:
Heading for the first corner I was a bit nervous, but afterwards the stage went nearly perfect for me and until now I'm the fastest in 4WD- class - could there be a better start?? Well, the competitors in my class are only a few seconds behind me, so nothing to be proud of so far...

rdrc_ger_02.jpg

SS2 - Verbundsring:
After setting a PB at the Flugzeugring another PB followed here and I kept my lead in the 4WD- class. The Delta felt very comfortable on this slippy roads, which was a surprise for me :)

rdrc_ger_03.jpg

rdrc_ger_05.jpg

SS3 - Kreuzungsring:
Trying to keep calm and not risking to much I set another PB at the Kreuzungsring :whistling: The setup works briliant in wet conditions and it's great fun to drive... 5s ahead now of NickJackPT and leading the 4WD- class (so far).

rdrc_ger_04.jpg

rdrc_ger_06.jpg

SS4 - Waldabstieg:
First dry stage of the rally and the car felt a bit nervous. Guess I have to get used to these conditions after celebrating in the wet :rolleyes:
Still only 1s behind my PB and now 6s ahead of NickJackPT. At the service point car repaired to nearly 100%. Very satisfied so far!

..:: DAY TWO ::..

SS5 - Ruschberg:
The second day started with heavy rain, but as the Delta feels so good in wet conditions I was, needless to say, able to set a PB here :rolleyes: Despite my time I lost 3s to NickJackPT but kept my lead... Because of all the adrenalin in me I forgot to take any screenshots...

SS6 - Waldaufstieg:
Again - no screenshots :p First stage of the rally where some minor mistakes occured , I didn't get some corners the way I wanted but the stage was ok. Another second lost to the guy behind me...seems the leader is getting nervous :cautious:

SS7 - Verbundsring Reverse:

Dry roads. I hate these combinations...
rdrc_ger_07.jpg

....but got through them without damage. Despite a PB for me, my 2s lead to NickJackPT turned into a 4s gap behind him. Seems the :devilish: was right behind him as he drove this stage...:O_o:

rdrc_ger_08.jpg

SS8 - Oberstein:
The first long stage in dry conditions and more and more I get the feeling, that my setup works way better on wet roads... My aim was to stay under 6 minutes on this stage, but on the last left-hander before the finish, which I drive flat-out, the car came a bit to wide and the clock stopped at 6:00m :cautious: Obviously the :devilish: caught NickJackPT as I'm in the lead again by 4s :sneaky: Still wondering why Ethan has disappeared from the leaderboards after SS7 as there is no checkpoint :O_o:

rdrc_ger_09.jpg

rdrc_ger_10.jpg

SS9 - Hammerstein:
Last stage on Day 2. Getting more and more nervous, the battle with NickJackPT thrills me... Driving this championship is so much fun, but having a rival on my level pushes me massively and the even raises the fun...
Despite my PB on this stage I'm not really satisfied. Had some minor mistakes, nothing to worry about.
At the moment I'm 1,3s behind NickJackPT, who leads the 4WD- class so far. I'll take the rest of the rally tonight...

Here are some more impressions from the Panzerplatte :)

rdrc_ger_11.jpg

rdrc_ger_12.jpg

rdrc_ger_13.jpg

rdrc_ger_14.jpg

rdrc_ger_15.jpg

Report of Days 3 & 4 follow tomorrow :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No