RDRC S8 Round 5 - Rally Germany (17th April - 23rd April 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot-Original(21).png
:D What a great rally! Really happy with my performance here...to actually be within touching distance of winning a rally in this championship is amazing & much better than I personally expected given the elite competition level of RDRC, especially with me being a console peasant and all :roflmao:.
The Lancia S4 was a dream to drive in Germany, it handled perfectly around the sharp hairpin turns and went like a rocket on every straight to outshine the speed restricted 2000s/2010s modern cars comfortably.
I Had an insanely close cross platform Group B battle with Simmoniti throughout the rally :thumbsup:. was pleasantly surprised to find I had got to the finish line covered in sweat:p and also just one tenth overall ahead of the Peugeot 205 T16 after 16 stages/ 56 minutes!!!:confused::D An epic battle for the win if it stays as is.

Here is my footage from SS16, the final stage

Thanks to all RDRC staff for organizing another great event!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Well it was my first rdrc rally too, and my first day playing Dirt Rally so I really didn't expect more than getting the car to the end.

Worst PS4 time, and probably worst overall, but it was pretty exciting to drive with some pressure. Next goal, getting closer to the scottish mate driving the over 60' Mini in ps4 ladder ; )

Well it was my first rdrc rally too, and my first day playing Dirt Rally so I really didn't expect more than getting the car to the end.

Worst PS4 time, and probably worst overall, but it was pretty exciting to drive with some pressure. Next goal, getting closer to the scottish mate driving the over 60' Mini in ps4 ladder ; )

It's pretty remarkable how much more pulse you get when you know each corner might be your last :)

Provisional Results are out! You can find them here
As always, RaceNet-names that are unknown will be listed. Many of the same guys from earlier, it's due to the extremely slow and tiresome way to remove guys from RaceNet, it is faster and simpler to edit the results manually sadly.

Drivers on this list have until April 26th 23:59 GMT to notify us about names to be included in the final results.
Code:
Unrecognized RaceNet: ?
Unrecognized RaceNet: akosmas
Unrecognized RaceNet: bertalev83
Unrecognized RaceNet: Budypanic
Unrecognized RaceNet: Cannons88
Unrecognized RaceNet: chelu124
Unrecognized RaceNet: Egons Strypta Get
Unrecognized RaceNet: h0verfly_7
Unrecognized RaceNet: Heavylton
Unrecognized RaceNet: ludde1515
Unrecognized RaceNet: old Nobbi
Unrecognized RaceNet: ra67se
Unrecognized RaceNet: Rabbit Juice
Unrecognized RaceNet: Realista74
Unrecognized RaceNet: Rikkert
Unrecognized RaceNet: RZr2jz
Unrecognized RaceNet: Schildsumpf
Unrecognized RaceNet: SpongeTity
Unrecognized RaceNet: SuperCaptainCS
Unrecognized RaceNet: Toikkari_37
Unrecognized RaceNet: VFD205
Unrecognized RaceNet: vivalabam922
Unrecognized RaceNet: volvo-plutten
Unrecognized RaceNet: zefe

Any questions or feedback? Never be afraid to speak up! :)

Wow, 1 stage win and podium for me in 4WD- class...I'm speechless!!! :whistling:

Big surprise for me, as I never felt really comfortable in dry conditions with the Delta HF, but the setup worked briliant on the wet tarmac.:whistling: Congrats to Nick and @Thomas Lambaerts - it was a good fight. Checked the Live-Leaderboards yesterday night every 5 minutes, this was amazing! :thumbsup:

Afraid of Wales already as I never get into rhythm there...:cautious: But as I reached my peronal aims for the seasons at Germany I can take Wales very relaxed...

Pretty pleased to have picked up a top 5 class stage time (SS13) and two more top 10s. I switched car for this rally and didn't know Germany well but it was a load of fun. Finished within 9 seconds of two of my team mates after a wretched first 4 stages. Thanks again to Ole and team!

Wow, 1 stage win and podium for me in 4WD- class...I'm speechless!!! :whistling:

Big surprise for me, as I never felt really comfortable in dry conditions with the Delta HF, but the setup worked briliant on the wet tarmac.:whistling: Congrats to Nick and @Thomas Lambaerts - it was a good fight. Checked the Live-Leaderboards yesterday night every 5 minutes, this was amazing! :thumbsup:

Afraid of Wales already as I never get into rhythm there...:cautious: But as I reached my peronal aims for the seasons at Germany I can take Wales very relaxed...

Pretty much same here. I just don't feel fast on tarmac. I was actually aiming for top 10 because of that. After day 1, everything changed! I felt I could chase after you Lumue. But you didn't go down without a fight. I feel this was my best rally ever.

I am afraid of Wales to. But I am not going to say I am going to do bad there because I might surprise myself once again, like I did in Sweden and Germany. My preseason hopes were for a best on Finland, but I saved the machine to much there.
Looking forward to Wales, even without much confidence. Let's have more of these great battles!

Pretty much same here. I just don't feel fast on tarmac. I was actually aiming for top 10 because of that. After day 1, everything changed! I felt I could chase after you Lumue. But you didn't go down without a fight. I feel this was my best rally ever.
I am afraid of Wales to. But I am not going to say I am going to do bad there because I might surprise myself once again, like I did in Sweden and Germany. Looking forward to Wales, even without much confidence. Let's have more of these great battles!

Stage 10 broke my neck, otherwise there might have been P2 for me in the end. But I'm not worried as it was huge fun!! It always sounds strange for others, if someone, who finished on P3, moans about his cars performance :cautious: But the setup is not perfect :whistling:
The battle was thrilling, even it did not take place at the same time... btw, in Group A I had 10 stage wins and led the rally over 10 of 16 stages...this is amazing for me as I have played DR for "only" about 200hrs in total!!! Guess I'm quite inexperienced ;)
And I'm definitely not pessimistic about Wales as my motivation is at its very peak now! Starting training tonight as the new aim is to finish the championship in the Top 10 of 4WD- class.

adapt2.jpg
great results, so quick to get them posted. Happy with my times, took so many risks on the grass to find some seconds. SS8 was big drop thanks to a small bush made of concrete again. SS12 broken wheel adapter and had to swap to small GT wheel on startline of SS13 to finish the rally. Thanks to the organisers for a great event. Wheel adapter above I started repairing it while sat paused on start off ss13 but was turning into a bit of a pain. Just finished. It should hold together until a replacement arrives

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 237 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years