RDRC S8 Round 5 - Rally Germany (17th April - 23rd April 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some scary moments but I made it to 2nd service mostly unharmed! :thumbsup:

Nothing makes you **** yourself like skimming the hinkelsteins in 6th gear at 100+ mph. Twice :sick:

...Unless you happen to go too fast into a "right 5" and fly off the road :confused:
I can only assume that miracles happened to get me back on the road with only minor damage & very little time loss. In fact, Oberstein was probably my fastest stage despite this incident! :rolleyes:

Finally I get on the stages. Whole rally went quite well. I don't know how I lose about 1-3 sec per stage but at least I didn't do any mistakes on whole rally. Couple stages went bad with the time. Maybe I don't know all the cutting places. :D But great rally and lot of fun.
20170420183803_1.jpg

20170420183918_1.jpg

Just now finished the rally, did it in one sitting since i did not dare exit the game and possibly not being able to restart were i was. Everything was going just perfectly the whole rally, can't remember making a single mistake :) Tarmac is a pure pleasure with the Maxi!! Most importantly i was able to beat Andreas with quite a margin so my hopes of becoming champion is still alive. I think there should also be a good chance of scoring points in the overall, running fourth at the moment :ninja:

20170416121401_1.jpg

Had to do first four stages over, lost about 6 secs to my first run, however, on the timesheet the first run was given. Weird. Anyway, started the long day two, struggled awfully in the full rain session right at the beginning, had a blistering run on stage08 and a befuddled one on nine during which i banged the lancia first into a haybale, then a tree and finally a stone, always smack in the middle of the front. My radiator LOVED it ... Called it a day after that. Nine stages in one go is about all i can take.

Finally I get on the stages. Whole rally went quite well. I don't know how I lose about 1-3 sec per stage but at least I didn't do any mistakes on whole rally. Couple stages went bad with the time. Maybe I don't know all the cutting places. :D But great rally and lot of fun.View attachment 186964

View attachment 186965
bloody good run there, I'm not gonna switch on the pc til tomorrow, I don't want to go to bed knowing for sure I've got to go back to ss5 after this glitch. Dropping 1-3s is nothing those are great times, I don't know about the Mini as I have hardly ever used it, but my Fiesta is geared fully long and pulling 135mph on the longer straights and I am using all the available grass. No way is my FiestaWRC gonna be able to match the group B T16 thats coming through tho.

Just finished Day 1, after taking a quick practice run on SS1.
Practice run was very slow, even to my standards... tried again.. no mistakes but still much slower than my PB.:confused:

Oh well, it's been a rough day at work, I'm probably just tired and react a little slowly :sleep: but I'll have no other chance until sunday, so let's at least get Day 1 in..

SS1: again no real mistakes but even slower than in practice... 4th last overall:(

SS2: slight mistake, but felt OK.... WRONG! Now 3rd last overall!?!! :mad:
Apparently I'm doing it wrong by sticking to the tarmac?! So is it that "Don't cut" really means cut a little and no co-driver remark means cut as much as possible?

SS3: Annoyance got the better of me; not a great run.. and VERY SLOW again..

SS4: I spin the car in the very 1st corner...:devilish::mad: This was a BAD idea. Finish the stage in yet again a slow time, but back up to 4th last overall due to another guys bad luck.
I was so disappointed that I ragequit the game..:redface:

So as the next thing, I checked my pedal travel in Windows, all seemed fine :confused::O_o: Decided to fire the game up again and check in-game just to be sure..
Throttle was fine, going to 100% smoothly, but the brake pedal was trailing at 7..8% all the time with the brake deadzone setting somehow down to 0%?!?!?! WTF??:poop:

Upped the braking deadzone to 15% and immediately did a test run on SS1 again... Bang! 12sec. faster than my RDRC time :whistling:

If only I'd thought of that before... Now after 4 short stages I'm already 36s behind my teammate in the same car :cry: who usually is the only Abarth guy I can keep up with..

Well I guess points are out of reach already, so I might as well relax and enjoy the scenery for the remaining stages.. NOT!:sneaky:

Finished the rally nicely, currently 15th overall and 1st of the 2000s class cars - not bad for somebody known for testing the limits of the Subaru's damage model! :D

Closest I got to facing the wrong direction in the whole rally was a half-spin on Waldaulfstieg 2 which cost me a few seconds... :whistling:

Decision regarding RaceNet issues for Rally Germany
After looking at the time that it took for Codemasters to fix the issue against the issues it would be with a new event (as there are no way to prolong an already started event), we in the RDRC-Crew have decided not to make a new session at the end of this one. This means that Rally Germany will be held at the original times, with no extensions. We are aware that this will create issues for some drivers, but no matter what decision that would've been taken, someone would've lost out. There were a multitude of reasons for this.
  • We would have no way of controlling who had saved, but have no time to do the rally late this week and who had crashed and retired, and gets a second chance out of it.
  • For people only having 1 or 2 days a week to do RDRC, and these being Wed and Thur, would not have had these days anyway, as we would not extended for more time than the issues lasted
  • We thought about cancelling the rally, and start over again. That would be unfair against the ones that already have finished the event (or done half without issues)
We are sorry for any issues that this causes, but the additional problems of an extension are deemed as far larger than the problems already made by Codemasters.

Just finished Day 1, after taking a quick practice run on SS1.
Practice run was very slow, even to my standards... tried again.. no mistakes but still much slower than my PB.:confused:

Oh well, it's been a rough day at work, I'm probably just tired and react a little slowly :sleep: but I'll have no other chance until sunday, so let's at least get Day 1 in..

SS1: again no real mistakes but even slower than in practice... 4th last overall:(

SS2: slight mistake, but felt OK.... WRONG! Now 3rd last overall!?!! :mad:
Apparently I'm doing it wrong by sticking to the tarmac?! So is it that "Don't cut" really means cut a little and no co-driver remark means cut as much as possible?

SS3: Annoyance got the better of me; not a great run.. and VERY SLOW again..

SS4: I spin the car in the very 1st corner...:devilish::mad: This was a BAD idea. Finish the stage in yet again a slow time, but back up to 4th last overall due to another guys bad luck.
I was so disappointed that I ragequit the game..:redface:

So as the next thing, I checked my pedal travel in Windows, all seemed fine :confused::O_o: Decided to fire the game up again and check in-game just to be sure..
Throttle was fine, going to 100% smoothly, but the brake pedal was trailing at 7..8% all the time with the brake deadzone setting somehow down to 0%?!?!?! WTF??:poop:

Upped the braking deadzone to 15% and immediately did a test run on SS1 again... Bang! 12sec. faster than my RDRC time :whistling:

If only I'd thought of that before... Now after 4 short stages I'm already 36s behind my teammate in the same car :cry: who usually is the only Abarth guy I can keep up with..

Well I guess points are out of reach already, so I might as well relax and enjoy the scenery for the remaining stages.. NOT!:sneaky:
Yeah had that brake issue too but with the handbrake, I have a hydraulic handbrake but without realising it I was playing for best part of a year with 9% handbrake on all the time due to a calibration error of my own making. Was only about 6 months ago that I found out, my times significantly improved after that.

First 4 stages done before I'm heading for work.

SS01 - Okay start, not too flashy, and not too risky.
SS02 - Steady and nice, kept it in the middle of the road.
SS03 - Felt a bit faster than the previous 2 stages, the car feels good :)
SS04 - The soft setup I made for the wet worked quite well in the dry too, and the time was okay.

I feel like the first leg of the rally went well, the pace seems to be around the midfield, and the car is still in good shape. That is an important factor over the longer legs to come :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back