RDRC S3 Round 4 - Kouvola Auto-Ralli (17 Sep - 21 Sep)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rally School actually has 4:30, as far as I know?

Anyway, the stage won't be kicked out this late. All stages that are used have been listed for a while now, plenty of time for anyone to try them and report any issues. Also, there never was and most likely never will be an option to restart your rally once you started.
I'm sorry to say so, but you're out of luck here.

Okay-I was off on my RSchool exaggeration. But it is roughly have the length with nearly the same completion time. Disproportinate.

How can one test the completion time of a stage aside from doing a dummy run of the stages? You don't get this information on individual stage by stage practice

Note for next season:

In the future this stage should be placed deeper in the rally so a build up of lag time can happen

Just as a note, so that everything is clear from my side :)
I have tested the Savo-stage on a number of occations in the past few months, so I know that it did load and work every time. And I have tested it some more times after the rally, and it still loads as usual every time.

It is my luck that does not work this season, I'm afraid, as I seem to not be able to do a whole clean rally. A bit demotivating, but at least I have prooved that I can produce some fast stagetimes. Since I now am outside any fight for a position in the championship I will eagerly wait for the Subaru Legacy to be included to the plugin, and change to that one when it is available :)

oh my, here's wishing everything works fine tomorrow night in EU3 for all of us. sorry to all the guys caught out by this one. @rick: i suppose no amount of testing can eliminate bugs like this, even if it hurts for the guys who suffer from them.

Well, it was a bit of a disaster for me.

SS1 - Went well with only a couple of wide corners, but I am happy, leading OC2
SS2 - neat and tidy but a little off the pace. Still leading but only by about 1 sec.
SS3 - I HATE Mustaselka. I got through about 1km, then drifted wide and hit a tree.............end of story.
SS4 - Got things back under control but not fast enough. Olli and Miikka were enjoying their move to A1 cars and making the best of it.
SS5 - I love this stage so went for it, only to drift wide again. Lucky there was no tree.............................but there was a photographer.
SS6 - The pacenotes are REALLY bad here but after you figure them out the stage is really good. I want to know how I went on this one;)
SS7/8/9 - Good and clean but I am still 3 mins off the lead.
SS10 - Went All out here but Roy still got me by 1 secs. BUGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SS11 - A little slower this time but I still enjoy this stage
SS12 - Again, kept it nice and clean. Should be a time but we will see.

Thanks to everyone who drives as the more we have to better it is. Also a MASSIVE thanks to the whole organising team. with out their hard work we wouldn't have the championship.

Doh yet again :p evil little RsCenter.... got to stage 5 this time =) had a lot of fun though, managed to pick the wrong tires for the first 3 stages lol and lost big time! Slicks on damp gravel is not a big hit, and then I managed to hang on to my fellow swede eric a couple of stages then RsCenter once again decided to rage quit on me. But really nice stages! Good flow and would be fun to complete it...

Thanks for a nice event and gl ppl =)

This wasn´t my day :D But good rally, I was just too tired :/
I also had internet connection problems on ss1, so even though I finished it, RsCenter said that I was still in progress and there were about three minutes penalty added to my time, I uploaded my times and replays. Hopefully it can be fixed :)

Lots of mistakes for me, luckily none to big to cause huge loss of time. Hit a few trees, rolled a couple times on Savo. I still finished first of the front wheel drive cars so I guess it was not that bad. Hopefully will still get a podium in the Junior class.

Just as a note, so that everything is clear from my side :)
I have tested the Savo-stage on a number of occations in the past few months, so I know that it did load and work every time. And I have tested it some more times after the rally, and it still loads as usual every time.

It is my luck that does not work this season, I'm afraid, as I seem to not be able to do a whole clean rally. A bit demotivating, but at least I have prooved that I can produce some fast stagetimes. Since I now am outside any fight for a position in the championship I will eagerly wait for the Subaru Legacy to be included to the plugin, and change to that one when it is available :)

I was doing some online testing last night with my new car and had some really quirky things happen, neither of the BTB stages would load and on two of the Finland stages the car cut out at the word Go and wouldn't restart - checked the options >> controller setup and everything was fine with the throttle.

I rebooted my machine and the BTB stages loaded and ran ok online but one of the Finland stages still crashed at the start so I reinstalled the car pack for my new car and everything was fine - just hope it stays the same for tonight :rolleyes:

Pete

I do not want to comment on this the rallyt. Only in big lines. The setting disappeared, I caught a tree on the 7 sections. On the 10. section arriving into the aim I hit it the metal for a fence.I ran over two photographers. The government problem impeded.

I made a last minute decision to join the OC3 Session tonight, since I wasn't sure if I could make the planned OC4 Session tomorrow. Only Attila and I in the session, so it was a bit lonely.

I was fairly happy with my Rally, no DNF's and only two significant crashes / offs. Both at Savo, those Pacenotes are horrible aren't they.
Most Stages were around my usual standard, relatively careful, and a few were unusually slower than I expected as I tried top get a feel for the car and stages. The second day, I think most of my times improved, so at least I was learning something.

Ss06 was going pretty well, a little cautious and nervous, until I got a very late call over a crest and couldn't slow up in time, running off the road sideways and gently tapping a rock. Fortunately, I was able to eventually scramble up the bank on the roadside, and get going again. best of all, the car still seemed to be handling ok. Phew!! A lucky escape.
Ss11 (Savo again), I slid wide and partly off the road but managed to save it from a horrible death and resume again.

Overall, quite a fun rally, the Finland Gravel mod is always fun to drive.

Good luck to those still left to drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play