RDRC S3 Round 4 - Kouvola Auto-Ralli (17 Sep - 21 Sep)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh.

A season that started out full of Eastern Promise is now just melting in my hands.

Oulvn.jpg

I seem to be in an alternating cycle of goodrally/badrally.
Today was badrally.

Some Laurel & Hardy antics at the start of SS02, settled down and then turned into a radiator smack-you-like.
Engine dies mid SS03.
That pretty much set the tone for day 1.

Day 2 started out much much better. Beating all of my day 1 times in the first three stages. (Not hard, but a positive)
On SS10, at about three quarters distance, the car decided to glide out of a crest - just like it was in neutral - really weird.
Say hello to more Finnish furniture and locked in 2nd. (But don't worry, I still love you Sikakama)

Decided to run the last two stages with a broken box rather than take another retirement.
Amusingly, a broken box becomes first gear only under cumulative damage. :roll:

Here are ze replays for Senad and I look forward to Round 5 instead.

Had a good run, kept it clean-ish and brought it home in one piece.

At the end of SS3 I went straight on into a tree right at the finish line, killed the engine instantly and I thought I hadn't crossed the line so I retired, only to get back to the menu and see a finish time, so because of that I don't have a replay of SS3.

Sikakama 2 didn't treat me too well, had some flying runs both times but went wide near the end and lost time, the second time side slapping a tree but didn't get too much damage.

Savo was just a nice and easy run, didn't try to push very hard. Same with Liatse, just tried to get around the track in one piece.

Posted in the Replay thread but will here as well, here's my replays: http://www.speedyshare.com/files/30394640/TA.RDRC.Rd4.zip

Argh, RSCenter crashed on my at the completion of SS5 :(

Was a bit rusty so I wasn't going great, but I wasn't going badly either, no mistakes at all (though they probably would have started popping up in the second half of the rally :D )

Anyway, can't seem to get the problem sorted, will just have to hope it holds out every time. Bugger ;(

I'm having major wheel issues at the moment, ffb cuts in and out, i have to exit to re-boot.

This a bad rally for me so-far, didn't chk tyres for ss1 doh! paid the price until the nxt service.

Well i didnt practice for this rally so i paid the price. I go off track almost every corner where the pacenote is not correct. So the 1st Savo stage is very very bad for me. I hit the marshalls in the 10th stage at Sikakama. Im very angry for that, they runinng everywhere so i dont watch the road and i hit them. That was the only penalty in my time.
Hope i will be in the top 10 :)

• SS1 - 10 seconds off my teammate's time :frown:
  • SS2 - hit a small tree, had to reverse. But not much damage I think. 20 seconds in front of Lukasz now, in his face :D.
    I love gravel Finland. Even though I was going round gingerly, because of dry gravel tires.
  • SS3 - pretty wild, riding the brake everywhere, lost time
  • SS4 - average, nothing wrong with that
  • SS5 - rallying nirvana :love:. 2nd in OC4 after this stage
  • SS6 - went off, had to reverse quite a bit, ended up 20 seconds behind the stage winner. But... somehow I ended up leading OC4, LOL :D

Day 2

• SS7 - very, very bad. 10 seconds slower than my first run. Went from 1st to 4th overall in OC4. Slid off into the trees on the right, and later slid off the bank to the left
  • SS8 - this was an epic drive, if I do say so myself :D. Went off early on, and then floored it for the rest of the stage. One of the most satisfying drives I ever had. 2-3 seconds off the stage win.
  • SS9 - sigh, rolled it twice...
  • SS10 - 10 seconds slower than my first run. Several close calls, but just a few seconds lost. Then I slid off, and hit a tree with the back end, and spun. Took me a while to get back on the road :frown:
  • SS11 - bad. Caught something, went off, had to reverse a long time
  • SS12 - decent. Ended up 4th in the session. Fingers crossed for a point or two.

Fun Rally!! Had an excellent rally, although it ended on a bad not, with me losing every gear except 1st at the start of the penultimate stage and only relying on first through the final stage :(
But other than that, I DIDN'T RETIRE!! :D

A good event tonight, marred rather severely by a few errors.

Taking out a photographer on SS4 followed by a call for help on the first run through Savo cost me some time. Not nearly as much as the second run through Savo though where I lost about 40sec to Jeremy!

*sigh

In other news; SS8 was an awesome run!

Some nice battles tonight....if only I'd done some recce on Savo.....

A very nice event!!! I just love the orginale Finnish stages in gravel mod, they are incredible fun to drive. The Savo stage is very diffrent and have useless pacenotes, so i do not like it much.

The rally was a good one for me, i just have 2 small accidents, one in SS2 where i hit a tree with the back of the car when i was a little to sideways and spinn round and hit another tree right in the front. I was lucky, the car was only slightly injured so i just loose some time here.
The other was in the end of SS11 , where i landed little wrong after a jump and hit a fence, again the car was damaged but not much so just some time lost.

The other stages went very well for me so i'm excited to se the result.
Thanks for a super fun rally!!!!!

Ok, just slightly. I am sick, so I didnt count with good results. First stage I let my tyres choice to decide RSCENTER and when I started SS2 I realized what a mistake I have done... I lost 2 minutes just because of the tarmac tyres on gravel (but hell, I should get a medal for it :D clean drive)... then I think I was fast enough to be satisfied, I was getting better every stage and second runs were always faster than the first ones... No major crashes (Only Mustaselka II second run I had few spins, I was pushing really hard) and I am actually very curious on the results where I am...

Now, time to go to bed, good night :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years