RDRC S3 Round 4 - Kouvola Auto-Ralli (17 Sep - 21 Sep)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the lowest turnout for EU3 in ages and a rally on a mod which I don't fancy. Still enjoyed myself immensely :)

s01 nice clean run, little off in the second to last, argh
s02 don't fancy the stage, even less in gravel mod, still a good run
s03 nice fast run, about 20secs faster than the one training run I did, forgot to save replay
overall 8th of 15 at first service, feeling good

s04 felt good but only managed to come in 13th, never trust your feelings ...
s05 another clean run
s06 maybe a little too careful, still fluent, though and 8th fastest time, my best stage of the night
overall 6th after day one and feeling better by the minute

s07 first little off of the event, turning into the village brakes locked, skidded to halt just inches from the spectators, phew!
s08 another good one, 5th overall after this stage tonight

s09 first serious problem as I strained to listen to the cat clamouring somewehre in the house, dipped my left front into a pit hidden under the green mush and did a tripple flip. motor died, took 20 secs to get back on and lost highspeed for the rest of the day.
s10 haveing fed the cat and let him out of the house, back to my game: felt real fast and smooth but with the highspeed gone after my little disaster before, I came in 12 secs slower than on day 1. slipping to 7th overall.
s11 had the mother of all sneezing attacks right after the start and all the way through the stage. must have looked a real mess with snot and tears running down my face as I struggled to even hear the dodgy pacenotes. three offs cost me another 40 secs, very disappointed (would have been even worse in real life under a helmet)
s12 just bringing it home, one little off but naught serious.

too bad real life interfered twice on the virtual second day, that cost me about 70-80 secs, otherwise another great event, thx everyone who participated and all organizers.

Not a fan of these Finnish stages in gravel mod and struggled for grip on a lot of the stages meaning plenty of small excursions off track. Rolled the car on SS1 and the first run through Savo, but apart from that managed to avoid any major crashes for the rest of the rally. Battle against Eckhart was pretty close until the end where he seemed to lose time just as I was starting to keep things tidier.

Day 1:

Day 2:
megusta.jpg

Essentially, Day 1 comprised of everything I hate about the Finnish stages: Spectators at the corners and shrubs that can stop at car going 100mph.

After hitting a tree with the back end of the car on Kaihuvaara 2 and loosing most of the drive things weren't going to get any better - thought I could make it through Mustaselka 2 and not suffer a max but handbraked it a little early on a five left and hit one of the famous concrete bushes and was forced to retire.

SS4/5/6 went without incident or finishes better than half way up the leaderboard and with some retirements it gave me hope that I could recover from the disasterous first session. SS7 rewarded me with a PB, not bad since this was my first time out in this car.

Little off in Sikakama 2 costing about 15 secs and the same thing repeated on Savo, off into the ditch with an almighty climb to get out - only managed it 'cause of the 4WD.

Enjoyable and challenging rally!! and more to look forward to with this new car !!

Pete

Day 1 first 3 stages went well...
After that 2 retirements...
after that BSOD.....
Tried to save the replay off what i now remember to be a BTB, so was useless to save it actually, but yet i tried, and BSOD...

Rally over...

GRrrrrrrrrr that was such a frustaring Rally, something odd is happening to my FFB when i`m drifting the car. going round turn 4 on SS1 my wheel wouldn`t starightem up and i just carried on turning left and off the stage, god knows how many times i almost went off with the wheel having a mind of its own, so couldn`t get near my practice times as it aint fast if your not sideways and after braking the 4min barrier in practice at Savo i was hopeful of taking at least 1 stage win :(

But i still managed to finish with no big offs or call for helps and was able to keep my coll even under extra pressure :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes