RD Rally Championship Season 9 - General Discussion

Thanks @Ole Marius Myrvold for this amazing render! :D

P8mZtjj.jpg

So. I've heard a couple of people kinda, sorta wanting to try out the RDRC-3 class, but feel like the H3 cars are to hard to handle. Here's a short little onboard with throttle/brake overlay. It's not a perfect run, and it's not a guide on how to drive, but maybe it can help a bit. I run with 520 degrees steering rotation, soft lock: Off. Only setup-changes are two click stiffer Anti-Rollbar front, and two clicks softer ARB at the rear. Soft tyres on the car. Hopefully it helps a tiny bit for someone :)

Entered a club rally last night and on 2nd stage it is chucking it down but I take it the ps4 version doesn't like hdr on with heavy rain as I couldn't see a thing in fromt of me for big streaks of white lights falling down, turned hdr off and what a difference can see clearly though it's raining heavy.

Entered a club rally last night and on 2nd stage it is chucking it down but I take it the ps4 version doesn't like hdr on with heavy rain as I couldn't see a thing in fromt of me for big streaks of white lights falling down, turned hdr off and what a difference can see clearly though it's raining heavy.

IIRC that's not only a PS4 thing!

On a sidenote, nice to see non-PC players involved as well :)

Update: Almost done. Really happy with how it is atm. If anyone still has any tips/improvements they're always welcome.

I didn't notice until now, but I like the detail that the front bumper are color-split on the middle, and one side is blue, the other orange. However, is it intentional that it looks like there a gap between the orange and blue on the left side door, while the right side the blue and blue touches?
Have you considered inverting it totally, so the blue "upper design" (with e.g the RD-logo on) is orange on the side where the lower design is blue?

Just because you asked for tips :p I really like your car, just suddenly wondering! :)

I didn't notice until now, but I like the detail that the front bumper are color-split on the middle, and one side is blue, the other orange. However, is it intentional that it looks like there a gap between the orange and blue on the left side door, while the right side the blue and blue touches?
Have you considered inverting it totally, so the blue "upper design" (with e.g the RD-logo on) is orange on the side where the lower design is blue?

Just because you asked for tips :p I really like your car, just suddenly wondering! :)

I'm just wondering what you mean with the gap since on both sides there is a bit of a gap in between the orange and blue. About inverting it I have considered that, it just a thing with the logos however since the Asset logo is orange so it wouldn't be visible on an orange background

I'm just wondering what you mean with the gap since on both sides there is a bit of a gap in between the orange and blue. About inverting it I have considered that, it just a thing with the logos however since the Asset logo is orange so it wouldn't be visible on an orange background

It might be the angle, but this gap on the left side, that's not there on the right side.

zJVk5TT.jpg

Reg. Orange Asset logo. Now I don't know what program you are using, but is it possible to apply "stroke" to make a colored outline, or even color over the orange to blue, so it will be a blue logo on orange background.

It might be the angle, but this gap on the left side, that's not there on the right side.

Reg. Orange Asset logo. Now I don't know what program you are using, but is it possible to apply "stroke" to make a colored outline, or even color over the orange to blue, so it will be a blue logo on orange background.

Oh that yeah its both the angle and I noticed the gap was a little smaller on the right side so it has been changed since the screenshots. as you can see on the picture attached.

About the inverting once again, would you advise doing it on one side only or both sides?

Attachments

• gap.png
    gap.png
    77.4 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements