RD MINI Challenge 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely a bit of excitement and nervousness for us non-aliens :D...off work due to the flu today, but I keep checking here every half hour for an update lol

latest

:D Looks like we made it!

May anybody share a hotlap around 2.30.xxx. Really interested in how it can be done on this track and want to see the usage of track limits without game warning. ☺

Maintaining and carrying speed through...that's the trick, and that's really the only trick.
Abuse of track limits is not needed for those 2:30s-2:31s. Most times attempting such just slows you down in the end anyways. And, AMS is rather strict about track limits. It might not register as a "cut" if you do not gain time through...but if you gain time, the sim will know and it will take that away.

I saw plenty of 2:30-31 laps where the driver never even came close to the acceptable track limits, let alone close enough to be deemed abuse of the limits.

....tire pressures. Tire pressures are very important. All about balance.
That, and not over driving the car. In these cars, that is very very easy to do, sometimes without even realizing it.

I personally find it easier to carry my speed through if I heel/toe the car.
If I just dog it down into a lower gear and blip the throttle, I typically still end up blocking the rears a bit, which kills all the speed one wants to carry through. I also find it much easier to balance the car if I'm tossing it in (like T1 here) when heel/toeing.

Of course, even doing 31s...I STILL find some of the faster guys rolling up on me like they have 50 more horses under the hood :O_o:
...maybe I had a bit too much wing on the car. :roflmao:

Well I did my best, sadly missed the cut but pleased I beat my times each session I did. However this is top sim racing up against some quality drivers.....Talking of quality, a huge thank you to Bram Hengeveld for taking time out of his schedule to help with my driving....I appreciated it. Good luck to all.....
Anytime mate. Just keep on driving laps and you'll get there very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 76 29.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 54 20.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 56 21.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 32 12.2%