RD MINI Challenge 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Bram Hengeveld , just to confirm from your message on the Championship inbox, to make sure I understood it properly:

- Is everything legal as long as the game does not detect it?
- More specifically for the pre-qualification, does it mean that in theory we should all be cutting the last chicane because that's how all the fastest laps will be made now?

Just asking now to make sure all is clear before the end of the pre-qualification and the beginning of the championship :)

Cutting the chicane does seem to yield an undetected faster lap...
Would be good to get clarity on this and maybe, if it is allowed, advising of the cut on here so everyone knows it. I only found it by accident tonight and not sure I could repeat it or even maximise my speed through it until race night when it will be too late...

Did you go into the game data files and look to see that it is now there?
Should be game data > vehicles > Mini Challenge > RDMC_S2019
And, in the series folder, there should be a "RDMC_S2019 SRS file.

If those two things are not in place, something went wrong.
If they are....did you check the other pages of icons? Maybe it didn't place it on page two, but if the files are in place, it should be there somewhere.
I can see the RDMC car icon and I select it but the quali server kicks me out... confused.

@Daniel Monteiro no, cutting the chicane is not the way to go of course.

I have added an extra part to the PM to clarify this a bit more but I honestly hope we don't need discuss this in length. Common sense really and I am sure all the drivers understand perfectly fine that going straight through sandtraps on a chicane is blatantly cheating if done on purpose. Such actions don't belong here on RD and will of course not be tolerated.

Every driver knows when they are 100% cutting and gaining time. When that happens you back off from the throttle, which goes without saying really.

Good luck to anyone running their final attempts today (like me)!

Just to confirm: The cutoff time for pre-qualification is 11:59PM today in UTC +0 time? Living over in the Americas, that would be earlier in the day for us...just wanted to double check.

May I ask how the divisions will work after the first round? Will the current prequal determine the two groups for the whole championship, or will there be ways to move up/down the ranks between the events?

The starting grids will be defined based on the general classification @balage06. This means people should really avoid a DNF at all times as that is going to costs a lot of points.

First 24 drivers in the GC will be placed into server 1 for round 2 etc.

But it will be extremely hard to promote from server 2 into 1 this year. Somebody has to dominate in server 2 and secure the overlap points to make it into server 1. Unless the aforementioned DNF's happen :)

I'm starting to wish I had entered, after getting used to both AMS and the Mini for a few hours including a couple hours learning Suzuka I got my time down to where it wasn't as bad as I expected. It would've been a good learning experience for me. How often do you run these Mini Challenges? I know you run regular Friday races, there is just something intriguing about the multi-race format.

I'm starting to wish I had entered, after getting used to both AMS and the Mini for a few hours including a couple hours learning Suzuka I got my time down to where it wasn't as bad as I expected. It would've been a good learning experience for me. How often do you run these Mini Challenges? I know you run regular Friday races, there is just something intriguing about the multi-race format.

Seems like once a year (this is my first one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 50 27.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 36 19.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 21 11.4%