RD MINI Challenge 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bram, how does one get added to the reserves? I should have entered but thought I would be too slow after my first experience with Automobilista, but after a couple hours practice I was able to get down to a 2:32.7. Sadly, the Friday races start a little too early for me to participate here in the U.S.

Hi,

The sign-ups for this season have closed already and the skinpack is finalized. Unless there is a massive dropout somewhere down the line which i dont expect I don't think we will reopen the signups. So for now your best bet is to wait if that happens.

Note that our server was set to medium grip yesterday which equals driving on ice :) Offline and online times with different settings can't be compared really.

Note that our server was set to medium grip yesterday which equals driving on ice :) Offline and online times with different settings can't be compared really.

Just yesterday or for all the pre-qualifying days?

Regardless, you're probably right anyway, best if I don't get in and get in everyone's way. Thanks again!

Same here, but my grandfather died today and I certainly wont be racing tomorrow. I know my absence report is late and will obviously accept whatever sanction is deemed required, but I'm still hoping for some understanding.

So here comes the red face moment...

A small number of drivers were affected by an issue where they would not have a final session recorded in results files, despite having been in the server, visible in replays, and setting valid laps. I was made aware of this early in the week (you may have seen @Manuel Alves post above) and after some testing and verification performed with him it was ascertained that valid laps were indeed being missed.

The code I added to capture these laps contained a bug which resulted in some case in the lap being thrown out as invalid when in fact it was not. Having been notified of incorrect final times this evening and verifying those from results files and replays, the issue was identified and fixed and a new set of standings produced.

Five drivers have improved their times as a result. The changes are as follows:

@Chris Butcher improves and moves from P2 to P3
@Chris Shepherd improves but moves from P3 to P2
@Luka Berk improves and remains P4
@Fatalist88 improves and remains P16
@Jan Larsen previously listed as no valid lap, moves to P46
All Drivers from P46 onwards drop 1 place​
(drivers who's time changed are marked with * in the new results image)

In practice this will only affect points allocation as Jan has excused himself from the race tomorrow. The splits for Servers 1 and 2 remain as posted in the Imola Thread.

Last edited:
There's a possibility that my paddle shifter on my formula rim may fail soon! Noticed it out of wack and feeling funny, so carefully bent it back into place, but after a hour or so it went back to how it was. :(

What's the cut off point for a no show as i'll be testing @ imola tomorrow morning and should have a better idea *if* it'll be ok.

There's a possibility that my paddle shifter on my formula rim may fail soon! Noticed it out of wack and feeling funny, so carefully bent it back into place, but after a hour or so it went back to how it was. :(

What's the cut off point for a no show as i'll be testing @ imola tomorrow morning and should have a better idea *if* it'll be ok.
2019 RD MINI Challenge | Report Absence

As mentioned in the Imola thread, it seems there a high possibility that one of my Formula carbon paddles will fail very soon, so to save a retirement that has a high chance of happening tomorrow, i'm going to have to withdraw from tomorrow's event and take responsibility for any action deemed necessary for the late reporting.

mod-edit: that didn't stop you from streaming the entire weekend live on Twitch did it?

Last edited by a moderator:
As mentioned in the Imola thread, it seems there a high possibility that one of my Formula carbon paddles will fail very soon, so to save a retirement that has a high chance of happening tomorrow, i'm going to have to withdraw from tomorrow's event and take responsibility for any action deemed necessary for the late reporting.

Try mapping a button for the shifter that's out of action, i did that when i broke my hand a few years ago and it worked a treat!

You're not using an H-pattern gearshifter? :confused:

:p Use a button like Ross said! :thumbsup:

Wow! Crazy time has been set. Congrats guys.:thumbsup:
After visiting some "Mini fridays" the last weeks, i was hoping to be at least in division 1, even if my pace for Suzuka wasn't really competitive. Prequali was challenging at best.:redface:
But i wonder where all the aliens:alien: were sleeping previously. Seems like they were living under a rock until the start of this new season.:O_o::confused: I'm really stunned by all the laptimes.

..or AutoShifting maybe;):D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Thursday

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Friday

Votes: 24 42.9%
  • Saturday

Votes: 29 51.8%