RasmusP's LUTs for G27/29 and DFGT

Misc RasmusP's LUTs for G27/29 and DFGT 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
I'm using 900 in GHUB and I enable soft lock in AC (which makes the wheel bounce violently when I reach the lock in cars that have less than 900 like F1s, GT3s, LMP1s etc. pretty annoying but apparently that's just how it is). For some reason I can't get hardware lock in Content Manager to work, but since it badly affects the LUT I won't be trying it anymore. I'll disable soft lock as well if it's not advised.

Sounds all good.
Just lower the gain in the affected cars then :thumbsup:
Soft lock is fine (the hardware lock is always buggy for me so I don't bother anymore either).
The violent bounce back is how it is yeah.. A shame no one was able or could be bothered to implement something better...

Hi,
Are you using content manager?
If yes, you can enable the "experimental" ffb settings in the controls settings and directly change the damper level and the damper min level.

If not:
Is the file set to read only?
Can you post the full file path?

I don't really have an idea why this should happen so it's guessing into the blue...
sorry for the late reply stopped playing because the game feels so bad for me... wheel shakes at idle with your LUT and damper gain is at 0 not sure what im doing wrong

EDIT : File location C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg (assetto_corsa.ini) is not set to read only , tested both ways no luck. Also tried enabling the experimental ffb settings and doing as you said and im still getting shaking at idle and high speed. Using a g923 wheel and the recommended LUT

Last edited:
sorry for the late reply stopped playing because the game feels so bad for me... wheel shakes at idle with your LUT and damper gain is at 0 not sure what im doing wrong

EDIT : File location C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg (assetto_corsa.ini) is not set to read only , tested both ways no luck. Also tried enabling the experimental ffb settings and doing as you said and im still getting shaking at idle and high speed. Using a g923 wheel and the recommended LUT
Hi,
I have no idea about why that file is resetting but other users told me that the recommended lut is too strong for the g923.

Apparently the g923 is closer to the g920 so you should try to use that lut!

Just drag and drop the two files in the g920 lut folder in my download into documents/assetto corsa/cfg
And set the gain in the menu to 100.

Should feel a lot better!

Hi,
I have no idea about why that file is resetting but other users told me that the recommended lut is too strong for the g923.

Apparently the g923 is closer to the g920 so you should try to use that lut!

Just drag and drop the two files in the g920 lut folder in my download into documents/assetto corsa/cfg
And set the gain in the menu to 100.

Should feel a lot better!
Wow this changed everything. No more vibration at idle and feels good. thank you for helping me!

Wow this changed everything. No more vibration at idle and feels good. thank you for helping me!
Glad it feels good!
Is the center smooth? Better than without the lut?

I only ever drove a DFGT and my G27 so for g920/29/923 I completely rely on user feedback.
With Screenshots, wheelcheck results and good descriptions I can work out most of it.

The g923 is pretty new and not many have it so I don't have enough information to be sure about anything.

But apparently the g920 lut works quite fine :)
I created that lut for another user in this thread who provided me with info and feedback.

Glad it feels good!
Is the center smooth? Better than without the lut?

I only ever drove a DFGT and my G27 so for g920/29/923 I completely rely on user feedback.
With Screenshots, wheelcheck results and good descriptions I can work out most of it.

The g923 is pretty new and not many have it so I don't have enough information to be sure about anything.

But apparently the g920 lut works quite fine :)
I created that lut for another user in this thread who provided me with info and feedback.
I can give you more feedback on the center feel etc. tomorrow, only did a quick lap before I got off to see if the vibration was gone. But IMO it felt good.

I can give you more feedback on the center feel etc. tomorrow, only did a quick lap before I got off to see if the vibration was gone. But IMO it felt good.
So i gave it some more testing, the steering feels a bit loose in a lot of cars even with the ffb in car boosted up to 125 (usually causes clipping going that high) any fixes i can try?

I'm using 900 in GHUB and I enable soft lock in AC (which makes the wheel bounce violently when I reach the lock in cars that have less than 900 like F1s, GT3s, LMP1s etc. pretty annoying but apparently that's just how it is). For some reason I can't get hardware lock in Content Manager to work, but since it badly affects the LUT I won't be trying it anymore. I'll disable soft lock as well if it's not advised.
Set all effects to 0:
- Kerb - 0
- Road - 0
- Slip - 0
- ABS -0

Turn on FFB Tweaks in CSP:
-New gyro implementation - ON
-Spring strenghts - ON with default 25%

Personally Im using only FFBClip with
Default strenght on 100
Dynamic treshhold on 120,
Dynamic Sensitivity >250
Run in background ON
Manual override OFF

GHUB - default G29 settings on Assetto Corsa profile and set it to PERSISTANT PROFILE (LOCK)
20210828_034225.jpg

AC settings:
Gain 100%
Filter 0%
Min force 0%

Steerlock, understeer, implementation OFF
Center boost range 0 (then scale doesnt matter)
PostProcessing OFF (NO LUT, NO GAMMA) - its all personal preference - LUT by itself is nothing more like curved gamma - its not miracle solution for all Logitech users.

Experimental options - thick for change below settings, then turn off.
Damper Gain - 100%
Min dumper 0

And most important thing:
Every car response in different way on different tracks. So if you finding some car is breaking yours G29's gear wheel just try other one on other tracks than trying to find perfect settings for bugged mod/track.

P.s. Its based on my personal feelings after spending days and night trying to maximalize my G29 immersion in VR ;) Some settings Ive mention above might not doing things I assume they did, but those are my "safe" settings Im happy about.

P.s. 2. Im not sure If/How G-force settings in NeckFX working, but after enabling those with some YT Drifter Tutorial Settings for it Ive found even more accure gyro-centering force - or it was just autosugestion after buisy day?

Last edited:
Thanks for the guide, Tyler! I'm currently using either RasmusP setup or mine with a generated LUT, both are good in their own ways. Personally, I don't use the FFBClip, I just set the multiplier manually. The value varies from car to car but I find it easy to find the right one. For my setup, from what I've noticed so far - for most cars around 80-85 is the sweet spot where you don't get clipping yet (or you get very little clipping) and the FFB feels good. I like the effects so I do have them enabled, just not too much.

Cool thing about AC is that you can have multiple profiles with completely different settings, so that you can switch around whenever you like with few clicks. RasmusP's setup feels good in most cases but I found my setup to feel close to the way I have my RaceRoom set up, which has my favourite FFB from the sims I played.

Last edited:
So i gave it some more testing, the steering feels a bit loose in a lot of cars even with the ffb in car boosted up to 125 (usually causes clipping going that high) any fixes i can try?
Thanks for the feedback!
I would recommend to try the DFGT lut with 100% gain (only the "recommended lut" needs 50% in the menu).

The g25/27/29 have about 15% deadzone.
The DFGT has about 3% deadzone.

The g920 is a weird one.. One user posted a Screenshot with 0.5% deadzone iirc which is super low and doesn't make sense since it's the same motor of the g29. Apparently just boosted gain in the wheel driver..

Your g923 seems to be different too..

Could you download wheelcheck and do the min force test? I'm in holidays right now so I can't provide a download link and Screenshots of what to do but basically it's a short test which gives a little ffb pulse to the wheel and then you can read the result in the bottom bar of the wheelcheck window.

But for now just try the DFGT lut and tell me if you have too much vibration and shaking or not :)

I really like the overview, completeness and helpfulness of your post. I'd wish more people would do posts like that.

And of course everyone can use whatever settings he/she likes! I didn't like any settings I could find over months so I created a LUT by writing down notes what I felt and how I'd like it to feel and then manually shaped the curve in excel while looking at the graph of the lut.

My settings aren't meant as a holy grail. I just decided to share them after they people in my racing club loved them.
LUT by itself is nothing more like curved gamma - its not miracle solution for all Logitech users.
However this is plain incorrect.
Gamma applies a general curvature to the ffb. It's a smooth curve with the value influencing the radius.

My lut is only a smooth "minimum force".
It's similar to the "deadzone removal" and "deadzone removal Fall-off".

I've found that with the normal min force slider, at around 15%, the ffb was still a bit weak around the center but I could already feel a notch when driving through a chicane. Like an edge at the start of the ffb.

So my luts all basically just take the min force at 15% and make it an S-curve.
Making the start of the ffb smoother but then a bit stronger before it just goes straight like the default ffb from that s-curve to the maximum.

No shaping, curving, not similar to gamma at all.

I did one lut similar to a gamma curve for people who like really strong ffb without much dynamic but still wanted my smooth anti-deadzone-curve.

Did you ever try one of my LUTs?

Btw:
I absolutely hate the lut generator... The creator of it once said that he never had or drove a Logitech wheel.
That said it all...

Thanks for the feedback!
I would recommend to try the DFGT lut with 100% gain (only the "recommended lut" needs 50% in the menu).

The g25/27/29 have about 15% deadzone.
The DFGT has about 3% deadzone.

The g920 is a weird one.. One user posted a Screenshot with 0.5% deadzone iirc which is super low and doesn't make sense since it's the same motor of the g29. Apparently just boosted gain in the wheel driver..

Your g923 seems to be different too..

Could you download wheelcheck and do the min force test? I'm in holidays right now so I can't provide a download link and Screenshots of what to do but basically it's a short test which gives a little ffb pulse to the wheel and then you can read the result in the bottom bar of the wheelcheck window.

But for now just try the DFGT lut and tell me if you have too much vibration and shaking or not :)
Hello. I did the wheelcheck with spring force on step log 2 and min force but not sure what im supposed to be looking for , here is a screenshot

1630182391279.png

Last edited:
Hello. I did the wheelcheck with spring force on step log 2 and min force but not sure what im supposed to be looking for , here is a screenshot

View attachment 499232
At the bottom it shows 8%.
That means wheelcheck had to send 8% ffb output to your wheel driver to get a movement registered.
So you will only feel any ffb above 8% and everything below will just be gone.

So in theory you need to put the minimum ffb setting in AC to 8% but I guarantee you it will be a bit weak at the center while already feeling some "edge" /"notch".

You can try the DFGT lut but I guess it will be too weak for your wheel.

When I'm at home on next Thursday, I'll try to create a LUT with about 8% dead zone removal for you.

It would be awesome if you could test it then, give me feedback and I'll adjust it until you're happy.
I'll then add it to the download pack as the "G923 LUT" :)

At the bottom it shows 8%.
That means wheelcheck had to send 8% ffb output to your wheel driver to get a movement registered.
So you will only feel any ffb above 8% and everything below will just be gone.

So in theory you need to put the minimum ffb setting in AC to 8% but I guarantee you it will be a bit weak at the center while already feeling some "edge" /"notch".

You can try the DFGT lut but I guess it will be too weak for your wheel.

When I'm at home on next Thursday, I'll try to create a LUT with about 8% dead zone removal for you.

It would be awesome if you could test it then, give me feedback and I'll adjust it until you're happy.
I'll then add it to the download pack as the "G923 LUT" :)
You are a legend for that!! I will try out the DFGT one and keep you updated. Thank you for your time seriously!!

Hey bro are u back from vacation? Don't want to rush you :)
Hey mate, sorry, didn't manage to do it earlier...

Here's a first try with some lower "idle" force (the constant, slight vibrations when standing still that fill the last bit of deadzone) and the "recommended" LUT scaled to 8% deadzone and reaching 100% ffb at the top end.

Looks like this:
1630685710691.png

The little steps are due to rounding errors with only 2 digits behind the comma. You can't feel them..

Here are the files (delete the ".ini" behind the ".zip". RD doesn't allow zip or lut file types in forum posts...):

Attachments

• G923_Lut_v01.zip.ini
    711 bytes · Views: 70

Here's a first try with some lower "idle" force (the constant, slight vibrations when standing still that fill the last bit of deadzone) and the "recommended" LUT scaled to 8% deadzone and reaching 100% ffb at the top end.

Looks like this:
View attachment 500376

The little steps are due to rounding errors with only 2 digits behind the comma. You can't feel them..

Here are the files (delete the ".ini" behind the ".zip". RD doesn't allow zip or lut file types in forum posts...):
No worries , although im having a bit of an issue changing the .ini part lol. kind of a computer noob

Looks like this:
View attachment 500376

This feels a lot more responsive in terms of ffb than before and for that i like it, although i get a tighter feeling now when drifting it feels weird but maybe because my ffb was so off before. I will give it some more testing through the day on different car setups

This feels a lot more responsive in terms of ffb than before and for that i like it, although i get a tighter feeling now when drifting it feels weird but maybe because my ffb was so off before. I will give it some more testing through the day on different car setups
I would recommend a stiff GT3 car or the Tatuus F4 around Mugello.
Mclaren GT3 is probably the best to test the LUT.

Mugello has a long straight with some bumps so you can test how the wheel behaves in a straight line, letting go etc.
It has a lot of chicanes that are all a bit different so you pass the center position a few times and detect some issues with too strong (feeling a bump in the ffb) or too soft (feeling a "hole" in the ffb).
And it also has the crazy downhill+uphill long right hand corner Arrabbiata where you can test how the wheel behaves when cornering at the maximum, having the aero pressing the car down etc.

Oh btw:
Gain to 100% in the menu and in the car!

I would recommend a stiff GT3 car or the Tatuus F4 around Mugello.
Mclaren GT3 is probably the best to test the LUT.

Mugello has a long straight with some bumps so you can test how the wheel behaves in a straight line, letting go etc.
It has a lot of chicanes that are all a bit different so you pass the center position a few times and detect some issues with too strong (feeling a bump in the ffb) or too soft (feeling a "hole" in the ffb).
And it also has the crazy downhill+uphill long right hand corner Arrabbiata where you can test how the wheel behaves when cornering at the maximum, having the aero pressing the car down etc.

Oh btw:
Gain to 100% in the menu and in the car!
After a full day of testing, i really like it it feels nice. If anything maybe turn down the ffb just very slightly but its at a very good level for me.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 83 90.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 25 27.2%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 29 31.5%