RasmusP's LUTs for G27/29 and DFGT

Misc RasmusP's LUTs for G27/29 and DFGT 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi, I have a question. When I put the car in reverse and drive wheel acts strange. It just spins left and right when I drive on a straight road, any idea?
This depends.. It might be just physics.
My 1995 Mercedes c class did the same when driving backwards and not holding the wheel tight and completely straight.
When you let the front wheels turn a little bit, they tend to flap to full lock.
That's due to the caster working the opposite way. The wheel wants the rotate 180°.

Does it work normal when driving forwards?
Then it's just assetto corsa...
Hi...thanks a lot for the lut setting...it makes my g29 now comparable to the T brand...is it okay to use ffbclip app with the lut setting? Currently used the "recomended"...
You can use ffb clip but it won't improve things.
The recommend lut stays below the clipping limit and then boosts the ffb between the ffb clipping meter and the wheel controller.
So ffb clip won't see any clipping and then raise the gain, which will definitely give you clipping since the Logitech controller has a limit too.
On the lightest preset, the gain will probably stay the same but it won't lower it.

But I wouldn't use ffb Clip anyway because it will put all cars to exactly the same average strength. Not gain, but strength.

Each car, at 100% gain, has a different "ffb shape". More spikes, less spikes, stronger spikes etc. It's the physics of the car.
Now ffb clip applies some averaging algorithm and puts every car to the same level of clipping.

So I prefer to stay a little bit below too much clipping and have some stronger cars with a bit more clipping and weaker cars with less clipping.
The average strength will feel differently, how it is supposed to be.

Last edited:
The recommend lut stays below the clipping limit so ffb clip won't see any clipping and then raise the gain, which will definitely give you clipping since the Logitech controller has a limit too.
On the lightest preset the gain will probably stay the same but it won't lower it.

But I wouldn't ffb Clip anyway because it will put all cars to exactly the same average strength. Not gain, but strength.

Each car, at 100% gain, has a different "ffb shape". More spikes, less spikes, stronger spikes etc.
Now ffb clip applies some averaging algorithm and puts every car to the same level of clipping.

So I prefer to stay a little bit below too much clipping and let have some stronger cars with a bit more clipping and weaker cars with less clipping.
The average strength will feel differently, how it's supposed to be.
Thank you for ur reply boss...it really2 helps me to love my g29 even more...really appreciate it...have a great day and stay safe...

This depends.. It might be just physics.
My 1995 Mercedes c class did the same when driving backwards and not holding the wheel tight and completely straight.
When you let the front wheels turn a little bit, they tend to flap to full lock.
That's due to the caster working the opposite way. The wheel wants the rotate 180°.

Does it work normal when driving forwards?
Then it's just assetto corsa...
Ok, thank you so much!

Hi, first of all thank you so much for your time and effort, i'm just having 1 question, while using the DFGT LUT, do i have to change the assetto corsa force feedback to 50%? or i have to keep it on 100%, i saw what you said about turning it to 50% while using the recommended LUT but i'm using the DFGT one, thanks!

Hi, first of all thank you so much for your time and effort, i'm just having 1 question, while using the DFGT LUT, do i have to change the assetto corsa force feedback to 50%? or i have to keep it on 100%, i saw what you said about turning it to 50% while using the recommended LUT but i'm using the DFGT one, thanks!
DFGT lut = 100%!

50% is only with the "recommended" lut, which is not for the DFGT! It will make your wheel shake like crazy hehe

Apart from being a bit weaker and rotating slower, the dfgt is the better wheel in my opinion. The dead zone is so much smaller...

Would this work with the TM TMX??
Hi,
"working" yes but it wouldn't do what it should.

The luts get rid of the dead zone in the center. As far as I know Thrustmaster wheels don't have any dead zone but I never drove a tmx..

What you should do instead:
Search for "wheelcheck min force" and you should find the wheelcheck application.

There's one test that checks at what ffb output signal the wheel responds and starts moving.

With the g25/27/29, wheelcheck reports 13-17%.

With the dfgt it's 3%.

After the wheelcheck test, the min value should show at the bottom of the wheelcheck window.
Tell me the result and I'll tell you what to do :)

Last edited:
Hey any reason my assetto_corsa.ini keeps going to default? im trying to change the damper gain for wheel shake at idle but it keeps going back to 1 instead of 0

EDIT: reinstalled the game on steam and loaded up and the issue was gone, so naturally i tried to redo the LUT but when I apply it I get the DAMPER_GAIN not saving anymore in assetto_corsa.ini again... super frustrating

Last edited:
Hey any reason my assetto_corsa.ini keeps going to default? im trying to change the damper gain for wheel shake at idle but it keeps going back to 1 instead of 0

EDIT: reinstalled the game on steam and loaded up and the issue was gone, so naturally i tried to redo the LUT but when I apply it I get the DAMPER_GAIN not saving anymore in assetto_corsa.ini again... super frustrating
Hi,
Are you using content manager?
If yes, you can enable the "experimental" ffb settings in the controls settings and directly change the damper level and the damper min level.

If not:
Is the file set to read only?
Can you post the full file path?

I don't really have an idea why this should happen so it's guessing into the blue...

As for my "problem". I think it's fixed. I used Revo Uninstaller to get rid of everything Logitech related, I also removed a wrapper that allowed me to have gamepad vibration in older games (most likely not connected to the issue) and I'm using a USB port in the back of my PC that I decided to use exclusively for the wheel and only the wheel. So far it seems good.

When I open the Logitech Profiler, I don't have the option to open Global Device settings. Since I haven't been able to open it to change the center spring settings, the wheel is just completely limp and does not center at all when I run the LUT. Can anyone help?

Last edited:
any help with DFGT, I am getting vibration on dead centre, how can I reduce this?

I've tried reducing, even at 50% with the DFGT Lut and it is the same, is my wheel faulty? It works fine without this LUT files.

edit: it works well whilst racing but for drifting only i have issues. thanks

Only use the dfgt lut with the dfgt!
That wheel only has a dead zone of 2-4%. The G wheels have 14-18%!!

So yeah, the G luts will shake like crazy as you say.

With all luts, apart from the "recommended" one, put the gain to 100%.
If it feels too weak, put it to maybe 110% or if you have a "bump" in the center or shaking, then lower it to maybe 85%.

Just play around with it close to 100% until the center feels tight and nice without a "hole" and without a "bump".

Last edited:
any help with DFGT, I am getting vibration on dead centre, how can I reduce this?

I've tried reducing, even at 50% with the DFGT Lut and it is the same, is my wheel faulty? It works fine without this LUT files.

edit: it works well whilst racing but for drifting only i have issues. thanks
Hi,
It's probably the first value in the Lut file.
Simply open it with the editor/notepad and lower the right value in the first line.
Put in 50% of what it is now and the vibrations should be a lot less.

This first value is not scaled with the gain, which is why even at 50% the vibrations didn't change.

Last edited:
Hi @RasmusP! It's me again, sorry lol
I have a question and since you've helped me a lot with your replies, and since I changed my DFGT with a G25, I want to know, what does all of those special folders in the ZIP mean?

Take care!

Hi @RasmusP! It's me again, sorry lol
I have a question and since you've helped me a lot with your replies, and since I changed my DFGT with a G25, I want to know, what does all of those special folders in the ZIP mean?

Take care!
Hi :)

There's one folder for each lut.
I pre-configured the ff_post_process.ini for each lut.
So I put the 2 files for each lut in a separate folder for easy drag and drop installation/testing.

For the G25 I would recommend the "recommended" lut with 50% menu gain, 85-115% in the car gain.

Guys, is this normal behaviour in some race cars (mostly LMP1s) where the wheel is "sticking" to being straight? Not sure how to describe it. It sort of doesn't turn smoothly, when you turn from left to right or opposite you feel a "stop" when you reach the point where the wheel is straight as you turn. It happens only in motion. It can be reduced by dropping the ffb multiplier to 75% but it's still there. I'm using G29 and recommended LUT and settings. It's very playable, just not sure if it's something intended or if something is wrong. It can make the wheel oscillate at times.

Last edited:
Guys, is this normal behaviour in some race cars (mostly LMP1s) where the wheel is "sticking" to being straight? Not sure how to describe it. It sort of doesn't turn smoothly, when you turn from left to right or opposite you feel a "stop" when you reach the point where the wheel is straight as you turn. It happens only in motion. It can be reduced by dropping the ffb multiplier to 75% but it's still there. I'm using G29 and recommended LUT and settings. It's very playable, just not sure if it's something intended or if something is wrong. It can make the wheel oscillate at times.
What you describe indicates too high ffb gain. With too much gain, you get this "notch" in the center position and with too low gain, you feel some dead "hole" in the center.

You're saying you're using the recommended lut and 75% gain?

Menu gain or car gain?
The recommended lut is built for 50% menu gain and 80-120% car gain.

Do you have this notch with all cars or only some?

I'm using 50% menu gain and 100% in-car. If I drop in-car to 75-80% if feels better. It's mostly noticeable in cars with lower rotation degrees. Should I use 80% for those cars?

Last edited:
I'm using 50% menu gain and 100% in-car. If I drop in-car to 75-80% if feels better. It's mostly noticeable in cars with lower rotation degrees. Should I use 80% for those cars?
Lower rotation degrees = you're using 900 and ac is set to 900 but the car's wheel stops moving after less?
Or are you using this content manager feature that sets some hardware rotation lock?
That would actually change the degrees of your g29 and screw up the lut.

Either way, feel free to lower the gain to whatever gives the perfect, smooth center transition :)

That's what I always did. A bit of clipping isn't bad, not using the maximum dynamic range isn't bad either.

It's all about the smoothest experience you can get so just lower the gain until it's perfect!

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 76 89.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 14 16.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 14 16.5%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 25 29.4%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 29 34.1%