RasmusP's LUTs for G27/29 and DFGT

Misc RasmusP's LUTs for G27/29 and DFGT 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Well, i don't have much problem with that. It is just 3 mouse clicks everytime before start some race or a hotlap since i strart up CM. All i need, is LUT to be working every time i load it.

Thanks for your help m8! Keep up the great job!

Well, i don't have much problem with that. It is just 3 mouse clicks everytime before start some race or a hotlap since i strart up CM. All i need, is LUT to be working every time i load it.

Thanks for your help m8! Keep up the great job!
Yeah but from my experience it won't load.. The reset happens before you are on track.

I found out about this bug when I wanted to compare a new version of my lut and I couldn't feel any difference...
Turns out I always used the old version and the new one never loaded...

Things changes....

From the moment i plug the wheel on my computer, CM seems to keep LUT loaded. I close and open again CM for some several times and it was there. Hell i even reset my computer opening the CM and it was still there.
Is there any chance, in order CM to keep LUT loaded, the wheel must be plugged into the computer?

Hell of the deference tho... Smooth, strong and tight feeling. And that dead zone gone! I just increse curbs and road to 8 and i slightly reduce slip to 18. Great job!

Last edited:
From the moment i plug the wheel on my computer, CM seems to keep LUT loaded. I close and open again CM for some several times and it was there. Hell i even reset my computer opening the CM and it was still there.
Is there any chance, in order CM to keep LUT loaded, the wheel must be plugged into the computer?
CM keeps the setting until you go on track. Then sometimes it resets, sometimes not.
But if you managed to go on track, close ac and cm and the settings are still there, they will be there forever :D

So apparently now you felt the difference, so the lut loaded correctly.
It should stick correctly now :)

Wheel plugged in or not shouldn't make any difference!

There's one other bug though:
If you start cm without the wheel plugged in, then plug in the wheel and go on track, sometimes the throttle won't respond or the steering wheel won't turn.

Hi, does this work for the G923 as well?
As far as I know the G923 is still the same wheel but has some additional vibration stuff.
So it should work, yep :)

Testing it never hurts the wheel anyway! My LUTs only shape the standard FFB, while being within the normal FFB range. So it can't hurt the wheel, the Logitech driver restricts it!

did anybody tried it with g923? I discovered your luts just recently and as I started using it with my dfgt, it died :( so I got a new wheel, g923, do you recommend g29 settings with it?

did anybody tried it with g923? I discovered your luts just recently and as I started using it with my dfgt, it died :( so I got a new wheel, g923, do you recommend g29 settings with it?
Hi,
not much info about the g923 out there yet but from what I know it's a g29 with vibration motors so yep, try the g29 settings :)

I just started using your own custom LUT and find that is better than what I had. I think anyway. The more linear the better. I'm not crazy about the force under braking, but that's my wheel.

the g29 lut feels good on g923 in Assetto Corsa, but in Assetto Corsa Competizione it feels a little softer. do you recommend going above %50 on FF?

note: I'm using %50 no clip

the g29 lut feels good on g923 in Assetto Corsa, but in Assetto Corsa Competizione it feels a little softer. do you recommend going above %50 on FF?

note: I'm using %50 no clip
Thanks for the feedback!
And yep, if it's a bit soft, just raise the gain, no issue!
Worst thing that can happen is that the Logitech driver clips off a little bit of the highest forces but that's not that bad.

FFB contains 2 parts:
- direction
- strength

When clipping happens, the strength won't increase, but the calculated direction will still be there!
So when you're cornering and that cornering ffb is already right at the maximum Rand almost clipping, driving over a big kerb won't give you a strong punch.
But your wheel will still push left and right and wiggle due to that kerb!

So the overall driving feel is way more important than some clipping!

Only if you have way too much clipping and can't feel the difference between a little bend, far from the grip limit at low speeds and taking Eau Rouge at the absolute grip limit, it's too much.

So try 60% gain for acc, no problem :)

@SaltyLuNNar
Hi, responding to your review here, since your review is more a support question (and you can't edit the stars once I reply, which is pretty stupid from RD).

So you lost all ffb?
That can have different reasons but the main reason would be that your ff_post_processing.ini has a wrong line, which makes the FFB go to 0.

Look into the download file, how it should look and compare it to your own file. Sometimes Content Manager changes something in that file when you load the game.

What wheel do you have and which LUT did you try?

If you want to just get rid of my config:
Go into your documents\Assetto Corsa\config folder and delete the .lut file and the ff_post_process.ini.
AC will load the default ini from the steam folder and everything should be working again.

i think i solve the problem.(i hope so i didnt try it on assetto corsa yet) The cause of problem was the shitty drivers of logitech. Driver was seeing my G29 but there was no ffb for some reason but i sort it out by downloading the older driver. But in the and it was my fault i am sorry i took your time and effort but thank you soo much for your reply/fast reply. If i still have problems i will let you know. Thanks! :) -edit: Oh i forgot. I can delete the comment if you want.

Last edited:
i think i solve the problem.(i hope so i didnt try it on assetto corsa yet) The cause of problem was the shitty drivers of logitech. Driver was seeing my G29 but there was no ffb for some reason but i sort it out by downloading the older driver. But in the and it was my fault i am sorry i took your time and effort but thank you soo much for your reply/fast reply. If i still have problems i will let you know. Thanks! :) -edit: Oh i forgot. I can delete the comment if you want.
Great to hear!
If you need any help just ask :)

The g29 can be a bit weird sometimes... But overall it's a good and reliable wheel, apart from some software bugs.

Deleting the review: I'm not sure how long you can edit it. Maybe delete it until you could try the lut in ac and then rate the hopefully improved ffb.
I don't have that many reviews on this so your 3 stars drop the overall rating quite a bit. :x3:

Hi! So how exactly do I use your zip files? I have a Logitech g920. Do I download a LUT generator and import the zip file into there or is there something completely wrong with my comprehension and I am just... slow?

Hi! So how exactly do I use your zip files? I have a Logitech g920. Do I download a LUT generator and import the zip file into there or is there something completely wrong with my comprehension and I am just... slow?
Hi!
You got it all a bit wrong, but I was more confused than you before I understood it all, so don't worry!
A LUT is just a table with 2 rows of entries, that tell the game to output a different ffb level than normal.
Like this:
1 | 15
2 | 15.8
3 | 16.5
100 | 100

The Logitech G25/27/29 all have about 15% dead zone so my little example would simply push the first percent of ffb to these 15%.

I would simply save this table, which would be written in a standard txt file as example.lut and put this example.lut file into the documents/assetto corsa/cfg folder.
Then open the ff_post_processing.ini and edit the type to lut and the filename (last line) to example.lut

This tells the game to use this example.lut

My lut files are custom. I've created the values manually in excel.
To see what I was doing, I created a standard excel graph diagram so see if my values would create a smooth curve or have too harsh steps that would feel weird.
Lot of testing hours done!

The lut generator on the other hand creates a lut automatically, based on the wheel check results.
But in my opinion, wheel check is very questionable for everything apart the dead zone test.
And I didn't like the feeling at all. Felt worse than without it.

That's why I then learnt what exactly a lut does and created my own lut, manually with a lot of testing.

My luts are just a smoothed, curved minimum force. The minimum force setting always felt like either too much or not enough.
It's because it's not smooth.. The ffb simply starts at the level that you set and that's it.

Example:
Min force setting 15%:
FFB starts at 15%, then goes linearly to 100%.

My luts: ffb starts at 10% but ramps up smooth, but quickly to about 20% and then goes linearly to 100%.

So my lut feels smoother but also tighter than the min force setting.

The lut generator on the other hand does weird stuff... Not linear at all and it feels awkward. That's because wheelcheck measures how far the wheel rotates on its own, after you throw it with an ffb pulse.

But that doesn't have much to do with the ffb strength you're feeling, when holding against the ffb.

So what do you do with my zip file:
You just download it, extract it, go into the folder for your wheel, drag & drop the 2 files in that folder into your documents/assetto corsa/cfg folder and start the game :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.