RasmusP's LUTs for G27/29 and DFGT

Misc RasmusP's LUTs for G27/29 and DFGT 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi RasmusP

Can you do a Lut Guide for g27/g29 for assetto corsa competizione? I try this, but i cant feel the car

Thank You
Hi,

sadly acc got the LUT update after I upgraded to a fanatec csw 2.5 so I can't test it myself anymore and therefore decided not to create a guide I can't confirm working well.

But there's this from someone who approached me for some advice and asking if he can link my guide etc :

RasmusP updated RasmusP's LUT Guide for G27/29 and DFGT with a new update entry:

New G920 LUT - beta

Hey People!

Due to the increased simracing activity in these strange Corona times, I got a few requests regarding the G920.
Apparently it has the same ffb motor etc. as the G29 but somehow it has an increased default gain and therefore a very low deadzone. It shows the same issues when using min force and the dfgt lut, which also has a very low deadzone just won't work.
The G920/29 Logitech software doesn't have sliders for gain/spring/damper so there's some hidden magic going on.

I don't...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey Rasmus, what settings should be used or were working for others with the g920 on ACC? 100% gain and 100% dampening clips too often
Hi,
in theory you can try my new g920 LUT. Just put the two files from the download (g920 folder) into:
C:\...\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config

This will enable my LUT automatically in the background.
See if it's aleaady better. Probably not though but a bit nicer for the center. Put minimum to 0!

Then just lower the gain until it feels good for you.

What do you mean exactly by "clips too often" though? Can you describe what you don't like?

Hi,
in theory you can try my new g920 LUT. Just put the two files from the download (g920 folder) into:
C:\...\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config

This will enable my LUT automatically in the background.
See if it's aleaady better. Probably not though but a bit nicer for the center. Put minimum to 0!

Then just lower the gain until it feels good for you.

What do you mean exactly by "clips too often" though? Can you describe what you don't like?

thanks for the reply! What I mean by clipping is the ffb meter at the corner peak and hits the red showing that it’s putting out too much ffb. I’ve tried 80-90 but it still happens, 70% doesn’t clip but the overall feeling is significantly weaker, I think I’ll stick to the g29 ffb for right now though

So, the new G920 Lut should be fine with a G29?
It will be very weak around the center with the g29.
I always thought that they are identical but I've read multiple times now that the g920 has almost no dead zone.
I wrote a longer post about this and it seems that both wheels have the same ffb motors inside but the g920 is tuned to be a lot stronger, which isn't always good..

So for the g29 I would recommend the "recommended LUT" with 50% gain in the game.
Or the normal or tight center LUT with 100% gain.

Hello many thanks for the guide but i have a few questions ( newbie here)
English is not my first language so sorry in advance
G29 here

Im using the NoclipButstronger_recommended lut but i must be doing something wrong. I think the FFB is not strong as it should be. I have set the gain to 50% on acc menu as you said.
When ussing FFBclip for example its shows that the FFB is so far from the clipp point of the wheel that FFBclip sets the car FFB to 160% on almost every car.
Maybe my Logitech wheel profile is not set correct? You said to put "Overral" setting to 100%. But i cant find this option on GHUB. There is only a "sensitivity" setting that is set to 50 by default.

Another question is regard the use of FFBclip. There is a txt file in the lut rar file where you say:
"Note: I use FFB clip with the "standard" profile to get the most out of the race cars"
But i think i have read you saying here that FFBclip is unecessary and you dont recommend... im a bit confused :):):)

Thanks anyway!!

Hey there, I just found this thread, and you mentioned in one of your posts that there is a work around for starting AC via Content Manager, so that the ff_post_process.ini does not get overwritten?

I changed my lut settings after the wheelcheck, but it gets overwritten by CM.
Although, I would like to start the game using CM. I just find it more convenient.

Hi I followed all the instructions for the recommended LUT but in game there is no FFB anymore. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong :(
Please post your controls.ini and the ff_post_processing.ini
I'll quickly read through them and check for errors :)
Are the files in the correct folders? Is the LUT file in the same folder as the ff_post_processing.ini?

Hey there, I just found this thread, and you mentioned in one of your posts that there is a work around for starting AC via Content Manager, so that the ff_post_process.ini does not get overwritten?

I changed my lut settings after the wheelcheck, but it gets overwritten by CM.
Although, I would like to start the game using CM. I just find it more convenient.
My workaround was simply to put in (or edit manually) the LUT file and ff_post_processing.ini and then start the game via the normal ac launcher once!
Go on track and close the game and the launcher.

Then start content manager and it should keep the correct settings.

Btw if you have a Logitech wheel.. Don't use wheelcheck or the LUT generator. It simply feels like crap. The creator of the LUT generator once mentioned in a thread that he never had a Logitech wheel. It was just theoretical coding that was fun for him and with his higher end wheels, the little corrections from the LUT generator felt nice.

From my experience it just doesn't make sense to use it with a Logitech wheel. Awful ffb.
Which is why I started to really read about LUT and ffb curves and how everything works and then created my custom LUTs over multiple months until I was happy with my own g27 and the dfgt of a friend.

[QUOTE = "RasmusP, post: 3213676, membro: 248219"]
La mia soluzione era semplicemente quella di inserire (o modificare manualmente) il file LUT e ff_post_processing.ini e quindi avviare il gioco tramite il normale launcher ac una volta!
Vai in pista e chiudi il gioco e il lanciatore.

Quindi avviare Content Manager e dovrebbe mantenere le impostazioni corrette.

A proposito, se si dispone di una ruota Logitech. Non utilizzare il controllo della ruota o il generatore LUT. Sembra semplicemente una merda. Il creatore del generatore LUT una volta ha menzionato in un thread che non ha mai avuto una ruota Logitech. Era solo una codifica teorica che era divertente per lui e con le sue ruote di fascia più alta, le piccole correzioni del generatore LUT erano piacevoli.

Dalla mia esperienza non ha senso usarlo con una ruota Logitech. Ffb terribile.
Questo è il motivo per cui ho iniziato a leggere davvero le curve LUT e ffb e come funziona tutto, quindi ho creato i miei LUT personalizzati per più mesi fino a quando non sono stato contento del mio g27 e del dfgt di un amico.
[/CITAZIONE]

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    536.2 KB · Views: 187
Hi! I've been trying to get my G29 to work better, and tried your recommended LUT. On positive note, it prettyh much eliminates the dead zone. But now I can barely feel any effects. Most of the curbs - nothing. The bumps at the end the Magione straight - almost nothing.
I tested with an Abarth 595 SS, and at Magione it rides very smoothly and there's no shaking from the wheel - but when I try the same car at Nordschleife my wheel always shakes when car is going straight, regardless of speed.

EDIT: The wheel shaking with Abarth@Nordschleife also happens with the built-in Logitech_g29_no_shifter preset, so it's a problem of the game and not your LUT.

So far the best results feeling-wise have been with no FFB post-processing at all, but then I need to mess with the minimum force. Even the epileptic seizures of the Alpine A110 mod can be cured that way, though.

I hope you have some good ideas for me, here are my FFB settings:

Attachments

• ffb_settings.jpg
    ffb_settings.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
In addition to my previous post, so far it looks like the shaking problem only applies to certain cars and/or tracks.
I still wish that I'd feel a lot more detail, for example the bumps in Magione should be felt - I think.
At the moment this is my config of choice, though. Nice work!

In addition to my previous post, so far it looks like the shaking problem only applies to certain cars and/or tracks.
I still wish that I'd feel a lot more detail, for example the bumps in Magione should be felt - I think.
At the moment this is my config of choice, though. Nice work!
Hi,
this is a bit weird as my config should enhance the details, not get rid of them.
My LUTs only boost the low forces. It's just a curved minimum force.
I don't add ffb gain at the high ffb values.

But it might be my recommended LUT since I use lower gain with it and then the LUT boosts it back up.
For me it felt like I could go a little bit around the clipping meter and get more details.

Anyway, please try my "normal center" LUT with 100% gain. This LUT ends with 1|1 so there are no details cut off.

What might be the reason:
You say it's not all cars/tracks?
Do you use ffbclip? (if yes, please don't with my LUTs)

Check the car specific gain with numpad + and - , maybe the gain is too high? Try to hit numpad - and see if it becomes better.

Also is your sensitivity setting in the Logitech control panel at default (50% I think) and I game + Logitech at 900%?
Or maybe in the steering options you have filter not at 0%?

Anyway, shaking with the Abarth sounds like car specific gain is too high.

Report back :)

Hi,
this is a bit weird as my config should enhance the details, not get rid of them.
My LUTs only boost the low forces. It's just a curved minimum force.
I don't add ffb gain at the high ffb values.

But it might be my recommended LUT since I use lower gain with it and then the LUT boosts it back up.
For me it felt like I could go a little bit around the clipping meter and get more details.

Anyway, please try my "normal center" LUT with 100% gain. This LUT ends with 1|1 so there are no details cut off.

What might be the reason:
You say it's not all cars/tracks?
Do you use ffbclip? (if yes, please don't with my LUTs)

Check the car specific gain with numpad + and - , maybe the gain is too high? Try to hit numpad - and see if it becomes better.

Also is your sensitivity setting in the Logitech control panel at default (50% I think) and I game + Logitech at 900%?
Or maybe in the steering options you have filter not at 0%?

Anyway, shaking with the Abarth sounds like car specific gain is too high.

Report back :)
Your "normal center" LUT definitely brings back more detail.

But it also makes the Abarth shake even more. At Magione it doesn't shake at all, but the longer the track the more it shakes. With this LUT this happens with other cars also, the amount of shaking grows with the length of the track. The recommended LUT fixes the shaking almost completely with other cars I've tested, but in Abarth's case even it can't help.
Using the normal center LUT I tested Abarth some more, and at Nordschleife the wheel shakes a little even when car is not moving - and this hasn't happened with any other car so far.
When driving straight at slow speed, only dropping the car specific ffb gain to 20% mostly eliminated the shaking.

Car specific gain was at 100% on all tracks, and I'm not using FFBClip.
Logitech GHUB has sensitivity at 50% and the wheel at 900 degrees.
Filter is at 0%.
I checked and triple-checked all of these most obvious things before my original message :)

EDIT: I've read that the shaking is worse the further you are from the midpoint of a map, so this of course explains why it's worse on longer tracks. Still annoying though.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea