RasmusP's LUTs for G27/29 and DFGT

Misc RasmusP's LUTs for G27/29 and DFGT 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey, I what do you recommend doing if you've got a g920? No FFB post-processing?

My only goal really is to get rid of the notch in the middle, though it isn't very big.

Attachments

• Lut.PNG
    Lut.PNG
    14 KB · Views: 99
Hey, I what do you recommend doing if you've got a g920? No FFB post-processing?

My only goal really is to get rid of the notch in the middle, though it isn't very big.
It's still a misery if and how much the g29 and g920 are different...
Anyway: you say the dead zone isn't big, the dead zone of the driving force gt isn't big too.

So I would use the dfgt LUT. It should work fine.
If there are issues, report back and I'll try to help :)

Beware: some rattling while standing still or rolling is normal. It should go away when you really start to drive.

Thanks for a really fast answer, I'll try it out.

EDIT: Okay so I tried it out and now the weel will pull to the side when standing still, and it'll rattle like crazy going straight. The notch also feels bigger than when I'm using no ffb post-processing.

I tried both 100% and 50% gain.

Last edited:
Thanks for a really fast answer, I'll try it out.

EDIT: Okay so I tried it out and now the weel will pull to the side when standing still, and it'll rattle like crazy going straight. The notch also feels bigger than when I'm using no ffb post-processing.

I tried both 100% and 50% gain.
Do you have strength or gain setting in the Logitech software?

My idea is this:
G29 and 920 are the same but for some reason the g920 has more gain.
There's no setting for it though I think?

Why I'm thinking this:
If I use my LUT on my g27 and put the gain in the g27 Logitech software above the default, the wheel goes crazy and needs way different LUT values.

That would fit to your description...

You had min force at 0%, right?

If you had everything correct I think you'd need a lower first and second value in the LUT.
It should have some slight rattling/vibrations while standing still. When the wheel starts to move it's too much!

If you wanna try it on your own:
Open the .lut with the editor (I use notepad++ btw, it's awesome) and simply reduce the first 2 or 3 values.
I'd say half vor the first value, 70% for the second value and 85% for the third value.

You need to change the values in the right side. Top to bottom (1,2,3).

Standard value in the logitech gaming software is 50%. Min force was at 0%.

I actually tried fiddling with the lut and it got better when I lowered the two first values, though I might have not reduced them enough.

EDIT: After lowering the values like you said, and even going beyond I still experience a more defined notch and unstability when going straight.

I think the values need to be even lower for my wheel at the lower end of the lut, though I don't really know how to figure out how much I'm supposed to change them.

Last edited:
Standard value in the logitech gaming software is 50%. Min force was at 0%.

I actually tried fiddling with the lut and it got better when I lowered the two first values, though I might have not reduced them enough.

EDIT: After lowering the values like you said, and even going beyond I still experience a more defined notch and unstability when going straight.

I think the values need to be even lower for my wheel at the lower end of the lut, though I don't really know how to figure out how much I'm supposed to change them.
You did the LUT creation thing..
Can you run wheelcheck on it's own? There should be a minimum test or something that shows the dead zone when it's completed.
That would be at least some starting value.
Apart from that... It's testing.

Tell me the value from wheelcheck please.

I worked 2 months in my g27 LUT until the notch was completely gone.

Can you set the first value to 0 | 0 and test again?
Is it any better or still shaking then?

The notch is there when the dead zone is too big but also if the countering min force or LUT is pushing too far.

Btw what's your in car setting (numpad +/- when driving)?
It should be 100% or close to it.

How I would do it:
First value in the out to 0, gain in the game to 100.
Go on track and then play around with the numpad +/- until it feels good.
There will be a little notch though but try to find the value where it feels "best".

That gives you an idea how far away you are.

Please tell me the car and what per-car-gain value you ended up with. I'll try to work something out over the next days.

The driving will feel pretty bad, either clipping like hell or being way too soft.
It's only about the center notch.

Then I'd adjust the LUT regarding what the test drive result was.
After it's kinda dialed in, raise the first value in little steps until you have rattling but no movement.
It fills the last emptiness in the center.

Yes I used that to show you the graph of my ffb :)

For some reason I tried turning up the gain in my logitech software from 50% to 100% and make a lut from that. Now when I turned my logitech gain back down to 50% the notch is almost gone, and it feels pretty good too!

I'll be doing some testing with the DFGT LUT as you suggested tomorrow though! Thanks you so much for taking the time to help me tonight.

Is it really "gain" in the Logitech software?
It's called "sensitivity" isn't it?
Afaik that's more like a strange linearity thing regarding steering angle, not the ffb gain.

At some point I'm gonna order a g29 and g920 to test it, note everything down and send it back.

The support questions aren't stopping even after years hehe.
I guess that's at least one positive thing about corona... Boosting simracing a lot.

0.5% is nothing basically.. In fact I wonder if you need a dead zone "removal" LUT or rather a dead zone "creating" LUT.

As I said the notch becomes noticeable when the gain is too low or too high.
I tend to say it's too high...

I wonder what's up there with Logitech and the g920. It has the same internals afaik to the g29 so it seems for some reason it has massively increased gain.
The wheelcheck test with a g29 results in 10-17%!

I'll try to create a LUT for you that is a lot softer than default. Let's see if it becomes better or worse with it..

It's 0.5% with sensitivity at 50%.

Yeah!
Alright try this :)
I'll be back in the evening to see your feedback (if you have time to test today ofc).

It's now creating a little deadzone, giving some noise at 0 | xx to fill the emptiness and then has a similar curve back to the default ffb.

No idea if that will feel good or horrific but hey, worth a try :p

If the wheel still goes mad when standing or rolling, please put the first value to 0 again.
Sadly I can't test it myself so no idea if you can use anything apart from 0 for the first value at all..

Looks like this:
1587458514568.png

Attachments

• G920_LUT.lut.ini
    1.3 KB · Views: 108
  • ff_post_process.ini
    93 bytes · Views: 113
Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 116 87.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 22 16.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 23 17.3%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 12.8%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 48 36.1%