RasmusP's LUTs for G27/29 and DFGT

Misc RasmusP's LUTs for G27/29 and DFGT 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello RasmusP, Thanks for the time you put in. I think I put in everything you said correctly and I still have a deadzone of about 30 degrees each way with no ffb. I hope you can help. Thanks.
Hi, 30 degrees is a lot and any dead zone is always down to too low ffb gain.
There are the following steps in the ffb gain chain:
- Profiler strength (100%)
- overall in-game gain (50% with noclipbutstronger)
- in-car gain (should be 80-120, numpad +/- while driving)

And then the LUT, which boosts the 50% in game gain back to full strength without much clipping and without dead zone.
From my experience the LUT is not active. That's the most frequently error, since setting the gains right is pretty easy.

Do you use content manager? Does it show the correct LUT after a restart of the game and content manager?
There's a bug where you select the LUT, go on track, feel that it's wrong, quit the game, restart content manager and then you'll see that the LUT isn't there anymore.

I had this bug a few times...

Apart from that it should be pretty easy. Just go into the zip - noclipbutstronger folder - grab the LUT and ini and just throw them into the correct folder.

If you did this, maybe start ac without content manager once. Quit the game, start content manager and the LUT should not be bugged anymore.

So.. Hope that helps :)
Check the gains and check the LUT

Hi, 30 degrees is a lot and any dead zone is always down to too low ffb gain.
There are the following steps in the ffb gain chain:
- Profiler strength (100%)
- overall in-game gain (50% with noclipbutstronger)
- in-car gain (should be 80-120, numpad +/- while driving)

And then the LUT, which boosts the 50% in game gain back to full strength without much clipping and without dead zone.
From my experience the LUT is not active. That's the most frequently error, since setting the gains right is pretty easy.

Do you use content manager? Does it show the correct LUT after a restart of the game and content manager?
There's a bug where you select the LUT, go on track, feel that it's wrong, quit the game, restart content manager and then you'll see that the LUT isn't there anymore.

I had this bug a few times...

Apart from that it should be pretty easy. Just go into the zip - noclipbutstronger folder - grab the LUT and ini and just throw them into the correct folder.

If you did this, maybe start ac without content manager once. Quit the game, start content manager and the LUT should not be bugged anymore.

So.. Hope that helps :)
Check the gains and check the LUT
I have not been using content manager. I just downloaded the free version. Do I have to select the LUT in content manager or is it automatically in there? Or where does it show the LUT?

I have not been using content manager. I just downloaded the free version. Do I have to select the LUT in content manager or is it automatically in there? Or where does it show the LUT?
If you didn't use content manager (cm), don't do it now. Getting the LUT to work with the standard launcher is easier in my opinion! Because it's not Buggy...

Anyway, did put both, the LUT file and the ini file in this folder:
C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\

The ini file is important to fit to the LUT file. Of course you can manually edit yours but it's easier to use mine and just overwrite yours :)

appreciate the effort man but i cant see any benefit. many noobs get fooled by thinking heavy steering is better. it just isnt and tells u nothing about whats happening between tyre and road. u want heavier steering that gives u a clue as to whats going on? get a DD wheel. in ACC even with the overall FF down to 15% this just kills any meaningful feedback. @ virtually any overall % theres a dreadful clunk as the steering goes through the centre point and any sensation of tyre slip/grip/road feedback is lost. i think manually editing the numbers through trial and error could help but making a Logitech wheel feel this stiff gives no useful feedback. Noobs think its good cause its stronger, experienced drivers know better. i would suggest doing Wheelcheck and making a LUT and trying subtle changes to the centre force numbers and leave the rest as is.

appreciate the effort man but i cant see any benefit. many noobs get fooled by thinking heavy steering is better. it just isnt and tells u nothing about whats happening between tyre and road. u want heavier steering that gives u a clue as to whats going on? get a DD wheel. in ACC even with the overall FF down to 15% this just kills any meaningful feedback. @ virtually any overall % theres a dreadful clunk as the steering goes through the centre point and any sensation of tyre slip/grip/road feedback is lost. i think manually editing the numbers through trial and error could help but making a Logitech wheel feel this stiff gives no useful feedback. Noobs think its good cause its stronger, experienced drivers know better. i would suggest doing Wheelcheck and making a LUT and trying subtle changes to the centre force numbers and leave the rest as is.
I see your point man, there's definitely not enough difference between different types of corners. They are all the same strength with my settings.
I'm on a CSW 2.5 now since almost a year and with this I can go a lot lower with the gain and have different strengths for different corners.
Making me feel the aero working etc.

And I'd never say that from an analytical way my settings are "correct".
I simply didn't like that notch in the center and tried everything to get rid of it.
Reducing the gain until the center was smooth sadly also meant that I didn't feel anything at all. If I'd have super sensitive hands/arms I guess I could've felt useful forced at a better clarity than with higher gain but I just couldn't.
For me the wheel was "dead", I had no fun and I spun in every second corner because the wheel wouldn't auto rotate when I'd let go of it. Drifting for example became impossible.
You would turn in and the wheel wouldn't rotate so your steering angle for drifting was completely screwed.

Using wheelcheck and the LUT just felt awful for me. I really like the theory behind it but in the end I had a super light wheel without any resistance against turning in and mid corner I would get hit by some force peaks...

Anyway, you have a point there! I simply did what felt right for me until I became very happy with it and then wrote everything down :)
I guess that time "fun and passion" won against the theory and details...

But as you said: "if you want a heavier wheel, buy a DD". Well, I got a CSW 2.5 with about 8 Nm and that's enough strength for me. But I guess it counts as following this advice

hi, I tried your lut and settings but something is still wrong ...
in your guide you say to replace LUT and ff_post_process in the folder "documents \ cfg \ assettocorsa", I followed the guide but if I enter and exit the game, the two files LUT and ff_post_process are regenerated like the originals.
the same LUT and ff_post_process files are also present in the path "% ...% \ SteamLibrary \ steamapps \ common \ assettocorsa \ system \ cfg", I will also have to replace these with yours to no longer have the regeneration of the originals in the "documents" folder "?

Hi,
do you use content manager? It has this little bug where the LUT configs are restored to the previous settings (if you're going from default to my settings, it will be restored to default).

If not, try what happens if you go into rightclick -> properties and make the LUT and ff_post_process files "read only".

the same LUT and ff_post_process files are also present in the path "% ...% \ SteamLibrary \ steamapps \ common \ assettocorsa \ system \ cfg"
Don't touch these. They are a backup from the game itself. It's a bit more complicated but in short:
- the steamapps files can be updated and tested by steam
- the documents files can NOT be updated and tested by steam

This is why sometimes after updates the developers recommend to delete the documents folder. The updated files from the steamapps folder will be copied into the documents folder.

Anyway, Assetto Corsa doesn't know about these steamapps files and ignores them!

se utilizzo "ff_post_process" con sola lettura e avvio l'esecuzione, non si avvia e mi viene visualizzato un messaggio di errore che non ha accesso al file ff_post_process

grazie per il vostro aiuto, proverò con la procedura raccomandata.
comunque sì, io uso CM, ma ho sovrascritto i file manualmente.
se utilizzo "ff_post_process" con sola lettura e avvio l'esecuzione, non si avvia e mi viene visualizzato un messaggio di errore che non ha accesso al file ff_post_process
Google translator worked fine for these :p

I forgot about the problem that the game doesn't like ff_post_process.ini when on read only. Sorry... I remember it now.

To get it all running correctly:
1. Put in the files again, NOT read only
2. Start assetto corsa from steam, NOT via content manager!
3. Go on track (the normal launcher won't overwrite any of your settings. It's all in the Config files, CM and the normal launcher both only read out these files)

Then quit the game, start content manager and it should work.

se non uso CM il file non viene sostituito e il volante è molto meglio, molto migliorato molto
Normally this should be enough to let cm accept the files...
You can also go into cm and import/select the LUT there. It has all the settings from the ini files in the menus.
But this never worked for me...

Worth a try though I guess

Non conosco molto bene i percorsi e le cartelle CM, proverò a cercare dove si trova e sostituirò
Just go into the controls tab in cm where you also have settings for the rest of the force feedback. At the bottom right you'll have "activate experimental settings" or something like that and you'll be able to select a LUT there

Hi Rasmus, I'm back again and using your recommended noclipstronger lut. But on the description you say it vibrates it when standing still, mine does not (G29), Should it?

Back straight on Magione for example, I'm getting little to zero feedback (BMW 325i) on the fairly violent bumpy back straight at that track, should I be getting jolts? Even turning up to 80-100

Can you teach me how can I setup a non-Logitech wheel? I have an old Fanatec Porsche wheel and I would love for it to perform :)
(noob here)
Hi :)
I'm not sure that I can.. I had a g27 and a friend of mine has a dfgt so I could test everything until I liked the result. The Logitech wheels are all the same. Df pro is the same as the dfgt and g25/27/29/920 are pretty much the same too.

The most basic thing I would need from you is the minimum force / deadzone from a wheelcheck run with 100% gain and 900°.
If these aren't the default settings of your wheel please tell me what the defaults are.

To perform wheelcheck just Google for it. Here on rd is a LUT creator guide somewhere. That should contain an explanation.

But don't create a LUT. I really dislike how they feel although the idea behind it is pretty awesome.

Try to find this on your own. If you can't figure it out, I'll check it out myself next week and explain it to you.
Don't know it all from my memory anymore and only on my phone currently...

We don't need the step2 test though iirc. Only the minimum force test or whatever it's called.

Hi Rasmus, I'm back again and using your recommended noclipstronger lut. But on the description you say it vibrates it when standing still, mine does not (G29), Should it?

Back straight on Magione for example, I'm getting little to zero feedback (BMW 325i) on the fairly violent bumpy back straight at that track, should I be getting jolts? Even turning up to 80-100
The vibration is really subtle. More like a little noise coming from the wheel. I only wrote it down after some people asked me about it.

However it sounds like something isn't right..
What did you turn up to 80-100? Overall gain or the in-car gain?
Do you use content manager?

Overall gain should be 50%, in car gain at 100%.
Content manager can reset your LUT when you first put it in. It's a bug.
But it can also nicely show you if it's working or not.
Going into the settings, steering, advanced or something you should see "use post processing" and the LUT next to it. A nice graph should be displayed there.

Here's the post to it from myself:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea