Rally - Ari Vatanen Tribute- Mon 18th & Tues 19th October 2010

Impressive drive there Senad, if you drive all stages like that, a podium beckons for sure. :wink:

I noticed in my Promo video that there was a bit of stuttering too, the car is a bit fast for everything maybe. Re the pacenotes, I guess you know that you can adjust the timing of the calls under Options?
The calls are actually too early at Pikes Peak.

Will need a lot of luck for a podium, or perhaps just some practice tomorrow. Hadn't even seen Pikes Peak yet. :eek:
Barely got the stage record there, way too slow.

As far as pacenotes are concerned, it's not a huge issue, I just noticed it on that bit of the stage, and found it funny.

ATTENTION ALL DRIVERS

RSRBR2010 Update 07 has been released.

Update 07 has been released, it is only a small update and I can't tell if it will be essential for this Rally, but I advise all drivers to download and install it before joining.

The Update is found here:
http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?f=351&t=6026

You won't need any updated car packs for this Rally, Group B doesn't seem affected,

HOWEVER,

A8W-05 is updated, so RDRC League drivers will need to install the Updated Car Pack before Round 3.

I hope we will be able to chase each othe tomorrow, Senad :).

Just finished my first spin in the 205; TBH it's not the speed nor power that's the issue here - it's the brakes, or rather lack of them. On default settings they barely slow the car down, I'll have to try and increase the pressure significantly and see how it goes. Must say that the T16 seems surprisingly manageable (that doesn't mean I'm fast in it), was afraid it'll be way worse to stroll around in it.

About Pikes Peak - great/loathsome at the same time. Great to see this road in RBR, bad to see it so unfinished, most importantly pacenote-wise (absolutely no distance calls, so the turn might as well be 1000m away as right after the one before it; not enough "tightens", "opens", "long" calls, especially in the corners with banks on the inside; a bit inconsistent grading of corners). Combining it with not the easiest car to learn to drive a track with bad pacenotes it should prove to be an explosive mix :).

Will have to practice at least a bit tomorrow, otherwise it'll be just plain embarrassing :D

Maybe I'm expecting too much from them, for me they seem to require waaaay more hindsight (I might be braking almost from the memory, and those cars reach high speeds quicker than N4 or WRC ones, that might be the main problem :)).

Maybe I'm expecting too much from them, for me they seem to require waaaay more hindsight (I might be braking almost from the memory, and those cars reach high speeds quicker than N4 or WRC ones, that might be the main problem :)).

I think that is the case Lukasz, these cars accelerate so quickly that you don't realise just how fast you are going, so you need to think about braking a little earler than normal. :wink:

Me and my unpredictable work :( it seems It will be hard for me to get behind wheel tonite. I thought about changing to US zone but it collides with tomorrow's plan.

Sadly I'don't know if tonight at 21 o'clock I can partecipate to the race....maybe I can't be at home until 24:00...

There is also a session tomorrow at 19 GMT

They can be created at any time really, so let me know when you can drive :good:

EDIT: tried Pikes Peak now, my engine died halfway in. At first I thought that they somehow limited the power of the car, because of high altitude :D

Please make sure you have BTB Pack 1, with Pikes Peak, installed. It's not enough to have it in the list, try to run the stage.
I just now installed it, thought I had it for sure...

The 1st rally i didn't enjoy at all. Never driven before the start and it was a bit of a shock. Numerous off's and CFH, i think i was off the gas more then on it. Tiptoeing is the only way to drive it, i think. This car is just too much for me atm. The only stage the car was really good at was Pikes Peak, wide and flowing but for some reason the car got really hot and engine stopped running half way, didn't hit anything, don't know why it happened. Also on England stages the car shake like crazy, even at the start line, very undriveable. I,m glad it is over, this monster needs a lot of practice and setup work, not for me atm.

The 1st rally i didn't enjoy at all.
And that Seat a few weeks ago? :D

Never driven before the start and it was a bit of a shock. Numerous off's and CFH, i think i was off the gas more then on it. Tiptoeing is the only way to drive it, i think. This car is just too much for me atm. The only stage the car was really good at was Pikes Peak, wide and flowing but for some reason the car got really hot and engine stopped running half way, didn't hit anything, don't know why it happened. Also on England stages the car shake like crazy, even at the start line, very undriveable. I,m glad it is over, this monster needs a lot of practice and setup work, not for me atm.

Yup, I was on the gas pedal every 5 seconds, the rest was just cruising.

My engine also died halfway through Pikes Peak earlier today :confused:. Anyone got to finish that stage? :eek:

The only car where I used more brake than gas pedal. Much to powerfull for me and my style of playing. See ya next event. I finished last stage, only one that suited B group car I think.

Fantastic race!!!This car is wonderful!!A have made some error in harwood 2,sheperd shield and in the end of east west but I'm in first position :-D
I wait for the next weekfor a new race!Cogratulations to all the pilots!

You're exaggerating the difficulty, guys ;). Despite my bold claims I got only around 40 mins of practice again, and absolutely no tarmac or snow time before the rally. Car IS a handful, but when you try and be gentle with it it is possible to reach the finish, although I wasn't really faster than some people in N4 cars, not to mention WRCs. Battle with Simone was tight up to SS4 (when we equalized after his problems), then Japan struck, I CFHed twice, then spun three times destroying the "I'm thinking it's going nicely" pace, one more CFH at Pikes Peak (no overheating problems, weird stuff going in your cars, guys) and here I am, 2,5 mins behind Simone. To je rally, as the Czech say :).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back