Rally - Ari Vatanen Tribute- Mon 18th & Tues 19th October 2010

Overall Rally Results

20101018rdrallyarivatan.png

Congrats Simone, Warren and Damien :good:
Simone was very fast again, with 5 stage wins, but Warren managed to stay pretty close.

Stage wins
Simone Demi: 5 stage wins :star::star::star::star::star:
Lukasz Demolin: 2 stage wins :star::star:
Warren Dawes: 1 stage win :star:

Stage wins are identical to the ones last week :eek:

If only Warren had spun on Pikes Peak :tongue:. Aaron, our only American this time, would've won it, and all would be well :)
Only Dariusz and myself killed the cars there, I guess we were the problem, not the car, LOL.

Was pretty scared of the car before the rally, but I was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't such a uncontrollable monster after all. Hope we visit the Group B cars again :)

Next week it's time for the third round of the Rally Championship. It's open to anyone interested, feel free to join. We are using WRC03, 04 and 05 cars, plus N4_1 and N4_2.

If anyone has any replays they'd like to share, please send them to senad.subasic@gmail.com

Click on the attached thumbnail for a better view.

Let me know if you notice any mistakes, or have any suggestions.

Attachments

• 2010-10-18 RD Rally – Ari Vatanen Tribute.png
    2010-10-18 RD Rally – Ari Vatanen Tribute.png
    38.6 KB · Views: 227
Even though not the fastest one overall I'm really happy to be the quickest on English stages. Makes the whole experience/frustration more than worth it :).

Was really fun driving with you all, thanks to Senad, Warren, all the beast-tamers. Can't wait for the highlights from our Croatian director and a next rally in some demanding cars ;).

I was really hoping (but not expecting) to be fastest on Pikes Peak, glad I was close at least. Had a blast with this car, way more fun than I was expecting.

I will send replays when I get home tonight Senad

Congratulations Simone, you are setting new standards here, 2 rallys, 2 wins. That might inspire some of our previous aliens to re-appear and give you a challenge.
Well done to Damien too, I thought you had me this time with a couple of Stages to go.

The hard luck story goes to Senad, after a remarkably improved showing, that engine failure on the last Stage really hurt, you had a podium spot in the bag, probably P2. Now, we all expect to see that standard continued from you. :tongue:

Thanks to all who joined, this was surely one of our toughest Rallys, but most drivers seemed to cope with this beast rather well. Maybe next time we try the Group B monsters, we will open it up to all cars in the class, and drivers can find the one more to their liking. :cool:

See you all next week in the league Round 3. :ups::rally:

If only Warren had spun on Pikes Peak :tongue:. Aaron, our only American this time, would've won it, and all would be well :)

Sorry Aaron, it would have been fair for an American to win Pikes Peak, you probably went and drove the real thing just for practice?? :wink:

Of course, it would also have been fair for Simone to let me win the Australian Stage though. :tongue:

I can hear Lukasz already: "When are we going to have an all British Stages Rally". :rolleyes: :D:D:D

Can you watch replays of the BTB tracks? Can't figure out how for the life of me.

Looks like you were correct Aaron, I can't get my saved replay from Pikes Peak to work either. You could watch the replay immediately after the Stage was run, but running the saved replay later doesn't work. Pity.
This is not the case with all BTB Replays though.

Sorry Aaron, it would have been fair for an American to win Pikes Peak, you probably went and drove the real thing just for practice?? :wink:

Of course, it would also have been fair for Simone to let me win the Australian Stage though. :tongue:

I can hear Lukasz already: "When are we going to have an all British Stages Rally". :rolleyes: :D:D:D

No worries, the real record holder is Japanese anyway, let the best man win!

Bummer about the repays on the BTB tracks. Here is the official word from the frenchies:

BTB Stage has no replay
You can only see the replays just at the end of the race, when you quit RBR the replay is "lost".

Anyway, I have raw fraps incar from when I ran it right after running the rally. If you need it to get some Pikes Peak into your recap let me know Senad and I will get it to you someway somehow. It is not officially during the RD rally, but I just had to run it again, and took incar.

Yup, depends on the stage I guess. Ondrej's run at New Stages - Canyon worked without issues.

Canyon isn't a BTB track, it is treated as a "native" track in RBR. The BTB tracks have those grey loading screens.

Ah, it's in the New Stages pack, not the BTB packs. I just assumed they are all the same.

What's the resolution? Can you render it in 1280x720? Don't want it to stand out from the rest.

I wont lobby for it, but when the opportunity shows, I will do my best to have a good run :].

About the rally propositions - maybe when we mount up the Group B cars the next time we could use the 037? Always LOVED this car, in a way the most impressive one.

No worries, the real record holder is Japanese anyway, let the best man win!

But now Rhys Millen is really gunning for the 10 minute mark neck to neck with Tajima :].

What's the resolution? Can you render it in 1280x720? Don't want it to stand out from the rest.

I captured it at 840x525 (half of 1680x1050). Last video I did I rendered at 1280x720 tho, the end result on youtube looks way better than the same video that I rendered at 480p, even upsampled like that.

The raw capture is like 12Gb, I imagine the rendered MP4 would be around 400-500Mb.

I captured it at 840x525 (half of 1680x1050). Last video I did I rendered at 1280x720 tho, the end result on youtube looks way better than the same video that I rendered at 480p, even upsampled like that.

The raw capture is like 12Gb, I imagine the rendered MP4 would be around 400-500Mb.

Okay, if you can render it and upload somewhere, I'll include it :good:
No idea where, though... Does Dropbox allow such large files?

Thanks. No idea why they don't work for me...

Tried RBRdll, tried RBR SSE, tried in the default game, tried it all, no luck. Just one spin around the car, and that's it.

Any suggestions? If not, I have no choice, but to do a movie without those :/

Hmm, did I load up the wrong replays I wonder? Will double check.

If they load for me I could render them the same way I rendered the Pikes Peak run. Not sure if that was usable for you.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 385 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 261 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 250 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 183 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 308 13.0%