Rally - Ari Vatanen Tribute- Mon 18th & Tues 19th October 2010

Damn, that was such a fun rally. That car is insane!

I didn't have a clean stage to speak of, but it was too much fun just blasting down the stages. Nice touch with the tarmac and the snow stage.

Can you watch replays of the BTB tracks? Can't figure out how for the life of me.

Yes you can Aaron, but you can't watch it in TV view. If you switch to in-car view, or behind the car view, it should work.
Of course, it may be possible to use Camhack for new views but I haven't tried that.

Very few BTB Addon tracks allow the use of the TV style replays, sadly.

Nothing that interesting happened in the first four stages, no major incidents, had to reverse a bit two times. I was quite careful. Managed to grab some stage wins in OC though :eek:
Unfortunately, I checked the times other drivers did; my enthusiasm was short lived :D

Hit something early on in Japan, the car sounded like a chainsaw after that.

Australia was very bad. lost 23 seconds to Warren, there goes my podium :(

Fraizer Wells went even worse. Worst stage today, by far.

My engine died again on Pikes Peak.

Wow, that was scary but lots of fun (I think). :eek:

I started badly (SS01 was ok ish) but then I struggled to find any rhythm in the car. Had a spin or two in the snow, then in Shepherds I managed to drive into the house at the chicane (Oops!!!). I continued to stuggle with the power of this beast until Australia, maybe I was feeling more at home there. Maybe Senad was psyching me out with his great consistent runs as he was keeping both Damien and I behind him overall. Well done Senad, you are showing massive improvement with RBR, keep it up. USA went ok, but a bit scary, and then Pikes Peak. That was quite a challenge, I didn't know it very well and couldn't get used to the very early pacenote calls. Eventually, I decided to ignore the co-driver and keep the boot in longer, and you guessed it, a hairpin came out of nowhere and I slammed sideways into the bank (at least it wasn't over the cliff lol).
I had no problems with engine failure at Pikes, but I was careful not to over-rev it too much.

Thanks to Damien for the TS chatting, and Senad for the pressure he put on both Damien and I. Such a shame you retired on the last Stage, you were looking good for a podium.

I did say in the Event intro post that drivers would either love or hate this car, I started out disliking it, but once I got used to it, I loved it. It needs some tender loving care to keep it pointing the right way though.

I've got plenty of material for the movie this time Senad :redface:

The WRC 05 car next week is going to seem easier after this one. :)

I liked the car a lot, it behaved nicely overall, to my surprise.
Had fun on the snow especially. One second on the throttle, and then 5 seconds sliding in and out of corners :)

I didn't even hate Pirka Minoko :eek:

One side effect of the monster car; didn't look at a single split time in the rally :D

EDIT: got the times so far. One overall stage win for OC, Warren stole it from Aaron :mad: :D

thanks a lot Senad! Ive got today in school some media project and tonight I am going to visit local radio station to finish it... :( And yesterday a lot of work to school too - I am very busy because of school nowadays

edit loool the season is called by me! what a pleasure!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.