Rally - Ari Vatanen Tribute- Mon 18th & Tues 19th October 2010

Reinstalled, redownloaded, nothing seems to get the 205 working :(

That seems very strange to have only one or two cars not working???
I'd suggest that you post your problem at http://forum.rallyesim.fr/index.php , they are the experts at RSRBR2010. You can post in English, they will reply in English too. They have a small Tool that checks your RBR installation for errors (or cars not installed properly). You can also use Google translate to convert the webpages to English to help with reading / researching for similar problems.

I'll keep searching for a solution, but I can't recall seeing this problem before.

Are you using Win 7 or Vista? If so, I assume you tried installing the Car Pack and Updates etc with Administator rights, UAC turned off, AV turned off?? Maybe something is not allowing a file to be installed, but I'm wild guessing now. :confused:

EDIT: After researching the help forums at Rallyesim.fr , I notice that the car packs only affect the car skins, and since you can see the Group B cars in the menu list, that indicates that your Car Pack install is ok.
Are you sure you have installed ALL of the RSRBR2010 Updates, these updates can affect specific car models and physics?
Especially Update 06, which made a lot of changes to group B and the Peugeot 205 T16.

You're the only one running in the US slot, the start can be moved around.

True, just didn't want to push it too late in case Brandon Warren, or another US person wanted to run. And by 0300 GMT I have already had a few ales, the later it gets the worse I drive haha :)

Moving it later is a good idea tho, then I can get some practice in before the rally. How about 04:00 GMT Tuesday (midnight eastern, 9pm pacific)?

All drivers please note:

I notice at Rallyesim.fr that they are advising about a likely release of Update 07 in 2 days, so it is likely that we may need to install this Update before this Rally.

We'll watch it closely to see what happens.

well guys. I am REALLY dissapointed but i can't make this one. Picked up an extra shift I that means i couldn't run untill sometime wednesday night OC time. To far outside the time frame to be fair to everyone.

Enjoy it guys and keep it on the planet ;)

Trying the car on Cote d'Arbroz. My codriver can't keep up :D. There's a "5 left, 5 right, hairpin right" combo at the start. While he's uttering 5 right, I'm already in the middle of the hairpin :D

EDIT: not sure if I'll be able to do the video... I have a huge FPS drop at some places with the TV cam. And a humongous FPS drop (down to 14-15) if I try to move the camera manually towards the front wheel. :confused:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 163 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 280 13.5%