Warren Dawes

Premium
Ari Vatanen Tribute

Mon 18th & Tues 19th October 2010

PLEASE NOTE THAT RSRBR 2010 UPDATE 06 IS REQUIRED FOR THIS EVENT

NB: RSRBR2010 Update 07 has now been released

Mix of Stages/Surfaces – Group B - Peugeot 205 T16

Ari-Vatanen.jpg

Sessions: RD Ari Vatanen EU / RD Ari Vatanen US / RD Ari Vatanen OC / RD Ari Vatanen EUX

NOTE: We may include additional time zone Rallys if requested.

Car Pack: Group B ( You must choose the Peugeot 205 T16 Evo 2 from this Pack) **

Damage: Reduced

Stage 01: France – Cote D’Arbroz (Normal, Good, Day)
Stage 02: Finland – Autiovaara (Normal, Good, Day)
Stage 03: England – Shepherds Shield (Normal, Good, Day)
Stage 04: England – Harwood Forest II (Normal, Good, Day)
Stage 05: Japan – Pirka Minoko (Normal, Good, Day)
Stage 06: Australia – East-West (Normal, Good, Day)
Stage 07: USA – Frazier Wells (Normal, Good, Day)
Stage 08: BTB Stages 1-2 – Pikes Peak (Normal, Good, Day)

Europe Start: 19:00 GMT Monday *
US Start: 04:00 GMT Tuesday ( 12:00MN EDST, 9.00PM Pacific (USA) Monday )*
Oceania Start: 09:30 GMT Tuesday *
EUX Start: 19.00 GMT Tuesday

NOTE: The Europe Rally will start 19.00 GMT to allow for daylight savings times.
DST has begun in Australia, the Oceania Rally will start 8.30PM AEST, which is 09:30 GMT (Queensland start time 7:30PM, NSW and VIC start time 8:30PM.)
An additional Session, EUX has been added for 19.00 GMT Tuesday night.
The USA Start time has been advanced one hour to 4:00 GMT

** PLEASE NOTE: You must drive the Peugeot 205 T16 in all Stages

* EU, OC, and US events will only be created on request - so please mention which zone you're signing up for. All sessions will be combined together for an overall result for the event. You can only run on one session.

NOTES:
  • Click here to read the password!
  • You will require the RSRBR 2010 (updates 03, 04, 05, 06, and 07) mod in order to participate, please see the installation and Usage thread.
  • You will also require the Car Pack for Group B .
  • Make sure you have the latest download of BTB Stages 1 found HERE .
  • Teamspeak is highly recommended, and adds to the fun.

IMPORTANT:
  • Please sign up in the following format: RD Name (RSRBR2010 Name)
  • Take a screenie of RSCenter, or save your times, showing your final results at the end of the rally (including the car you drove!). This is in case any of your stages are missed by the server. If there's a discrepancy, please post your times ASAP so we're not adjusting times over 24 hours later.
  • You must stick with the same car throughout the rally - if you change, your times for those stages will be defaulted.
  • If you are new to Richard Burns Rally, we have provided a set of guidelines and links to help you get up and running: Here

Drivers:

Please Note: All drivers must drive the Peugeot 205 T16.

1. Senad Subasic (mfodor) - OC
2. Robb Kulcsar (27kul) - EU
3. Simone Demi (simonedemi) - EU
4. Łukasz Demolin (Maggot666PL) - EU
5. Ronny Nunez (ronny) - EU
6. Dariusz Swiderski ( swider ) - EU
7. Roman Kruszewski (kruchacz) - EU
8. Warren Dawes (WAD53) - OC
9. Damien Jones (DJones) - OC
10. Aaron DeMarre (smokee) - US
11. Tomas Reinicke (ctbr) - EUX
12. Ondrel Kapal (okapal) - EUX
13. Driver
14. Driver
15. Driver
16. Driver
17. Driver
18. Driver

Our next Rally is open for sign-up.

WARNING: This Rally may be hazardous to your sense of humour and self control. This car may try to kill you (virtually). :eek::D

A major change of pace from our last Rally.

Time for another of our regular Tribute Rallys, where we pay respect to the past and present icon Rally Drivers and their cars. This time, we honour the great Ari Vatanen, and the Group B monster, the legendary Peugeot 205 T16 Evo 2. Both came from that historic era before these Group B cars were banned for being too fast and too dangerous. Fortunately, we are able to run this car in Richard Burns Rally and relive those heart stopping drives, and fully appreciate the amazing skill of drivers like Ari Vatanen.

This car has insane acceleration and speed, but requires some subtle control in the turns, wait until you are pointing straight ahead before flooring the throttle, or you could end up anywhere. With some patience and daring, this car is actually great fun to drive (if you give it due respect).

We have arranged the Stages to give drivers a taste for this car across many countries and surfaces, and a mix of fast flowing and tighter twisty sections. By the end, you will love or hate this car.
We have also added the chance to experience that famous drive of Ari Vatanen up Pikes Peak, courtesy of the BTB Addon Stage. Please note though, the Pacenotes are not great and generally are called very early. I highly recommend drivers to make at least one test run before the Rally.

We have taken some pity by keeping the weather perfect, the car alone will provide sufficient challenge. :wink:

If requests are made for any additional timezones, or changes to Start times to better suit your local needs, we will try to include them ( but within the Monday/Tuesday periods).

Don’t forget to save any interesting Replays and send them to Senad for a possible movie of the Rally. I suspect this Rally will generate many spectacular footages for the movie.

Good luck all, and hope we see a good roll up. :rally:

A little video to help you see what is in store for you.

Here are a couple of additional movies as a tribute to the great man, including the famous Ari Vatanen run up Pikes Peak.

[video=google;-2182204112403800330]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2182204112403800330&hl=en&emb=1[/video]

This would be even more interesting than the last event. Super fast car and no control from my side :D. At the end it will come a supe rmega crashing video Senad :cool:
robbkull - r27kul - eu tz

One little tip guys ( although it should be obvious), this car is ridiculously quick, but you don't need to hit the throttle hard all of the time, use the power carefully, and squeeze that right foot tenderly out of the turns. Of course, this will be much harder for you to do Robb, not having a wheel.

You'll probably break most of your RBR Stage records with this car, I broke most of mine doing the test runs for the video. :D
Rick, can I upgrade my RD League Peugeot to this one???? Looool. :tongue::tongue:

BTW, one part of that last movie always brings a grin for me, how often have you seen a Porsche desparately pulling over to let a Peugeot pass, after being gobbled up at a frantic pace? :eek: :cool:

I've been trying to race the 205 with the Group B mod but it keep crashing when it's loading the stage (any stage) any suggestions? Same happens with the Audi S1, the rest of the cars are fine.

I,m most definitely up for this event, the car looks insanely fast and powerful, great clips Warren, the Pikes Peak run got me shivers and shrink my balls to the size of mustard seeds by just watching.....:)

Dariusz Swiderski ( swider ) - EU possibly

I've been trying to race the 205 with the Group B mod but it keep crashing when it's loading the stage (any stage) any suggestions? Same happens with the Audi S1, the rest of the cars are fine.

Ronny, I'd say Senad is correct, you may need to re-download and re-install the Group B Pack. I think that Group B was updated in the last RSRBR2010 Update. There is a link to the latest Pack in the first post here.

Big welcome to Ronny and Roman too, great to have you aboard our friendly Rally Club. :welcome:

BTW, added my name to the starting list, it was looking like a European domination. :tongue:

Hiya Roman, great to have you aboard :welcome:

Yeah, these cars are unbelievable. I'm shifting faster than in an F1 car, LOL.

EDIT: you can switch me to OC Warren, suits me better anyway

Welcome Roman to our little Rally Club, RBR is one of the best ( if not THE best ) driving sim available to date so i,m sure you will enjoy yourself. Not the best car for your 1st rally through..........:f1::tongue::D:D

:welcome:

Not sure if this is helpful to anyone, but I have posted a video of my test run for this event at Harwood Forest II, in the RBR Video thread of the Richard Burns Rally Forum:

http://www.racedepartment.com/richard-burns-rally/20046-rbr-movies-28.html#post627121

I've posted the driver view and also the TV Camera view for comparison. I hope it helps someone.

It's probably much slower than an "alien" run, but it was certainly a white knuckled and heart pounding drive for me. Best news of all was that I finished in one piece and the car survived a relatively clean run. It was also a Stage Record for me. :cool:

The most important thing to note is that very seldom did I unleash all the horsepower of this beast, the focus was on keeping it clean and under some sort of control. I suspect that if you try to push this car too hard, it will bite you back big time. :eek:

This car is a heck of a lot of fun if you give it the needed respect. :D

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 319 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing