RaceRoom Racing Experience | Cupra Leon e-Racer Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sector3 Studios have released a new car for their RaceRoom Racing Experience simulation - the self-proclaimed world's first fully electric racing car - the Cupra Leon e-Racer.
  • Cupra e-Racer DLC now available.
  • New free to enter esport competition released alongside DLC.
  • 1 model, 26 liveries, £3.63
Cupra e-racer middle 2.jpg

Available now as both a standalone piece of DLC content and as part of a new esport competition within the sim, the new car is available to purchase for around £3.63 and comes with 26 unique liveries - adding another very different driving experience to a title that is packed full of varied and interesting content from historic to modern prototype racing vehicles.

Cupra e-racer middle.jpg

According to the Sector3 Studios release notes, the new car has some impressive performance statistics, with acceleration offering an impressive 0 to 100 in just over 3 seconds, with top speeds up to 270 km/h - in a touring car!

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available now, exclusive to PC.

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news, discussions and conversations about this awesome sim.

Cupra e-racer footer.jpg

Attachments

• Cupra e-racer header.jpg
    Cupra e-racer header.jpg
    923.9 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:
It's all new high tech equipment that I personally like, but still prefer the engine noise of a good sounding V8...although 'Ken Block' says it's more capable than a normal combustion engine because one gear doing a donut you can get the wheel speed up to 150mph, that's insane...lol

The man himself testing the first All Electric Rally Cross car....interesting watch

EDIT: Tried the Cupra out in the 'Test Drive' feature of Raceroom, feels great on my TSXW, cockpit dash readout and steering wheel nicely aligned (just a personal pet peeve of mine:rolleyes::redface::roflmao:). overall handled great...sadly, not a purchase for me this time....gould dang it, change gear will ya :rolleyes::roflmao::roflmao:

Last edited:
Hardly unexpected that the simdads have descended on this thread to say they don't electric cars because they're automatically not "real" cars because they don't have an ICE, and then forgetting their virtual racecars are powered by electricity.
Thats not the same thing. If my computer could be powered by a 10000rpm natually aspirated V8, I'd go for that, but since it isnt an option, I'll have to settle for the 240v mains.

Also, I havent seen anyone here say they dont like electric cars, only electric race cars. Two veeeeery different things. I'd happily invest in an electric car when the battery milage get up as I love a quite, fast car to get me from A to B while being able to listen to my favorite songs in a quiet environment while carying loads of luggage and the missus.
But when I watch races, or race here, I want an engine that brings glorious noise, not a motor that brings a whine, I want gears to hear the engine sing along its rev range, not a motor whos whine get increasingly more annoying the higher rpm it gets. And if I go to real races, I want the smells of (un)burned racing fuel. Basically everything the environment and neighbours dont want!

Last edited:
Honestly, I love the IDR in Raceroom. Even the electric motor sounds are pretty angry. The insane grip, AWD and instant acceleration is really quite addictive for me.

The e Cupra sound felt really whiny for me. Still awesome to drive for the insane acceleration but not as fun.

I am probably the only one who is not looking forward to EV in both road and race cars. I will miss the sounds of the combustion engines in races, particularly attending real life races. The road cars, I find most EV to be really dull and it is modeled over Tesla awful design language like bland exterior styling, nearly all touch screens and no buttons interior.

I'm going to join the sim-dads on this one. Sorry, but sound is important.
Doubly so in a sim where stuff like the environment doesn't really come into effect.

But.....
I also have to say that those are some mighty impressive specs for a touring car.
680 bhp and (IIRC) 900+nm of torque... :confused:

Really enjoyable car. Did a couple of races against a totally mixed field of ais.
However 7,77€ or something what I paid incl all liveries is rather high in my opinion. S3 pays back and provides a very good 3d model and physics which is pretty well working in its first released version as S3 delivers for quite a while now. Only the costs for the liveries, this time, could be a little less as they are fictional. Beside this little critizism I'm very happy with the car. Looking forward to the soon coming next pieces of content like the 175hp-small engine classic car.

The reason "sim racing Dads" like me have their say on these threads is not just to hate on electric race cars or their sim racing versions.It is because we love & care about the sport & over the years we have seen various series ruined or spoiled by manufacturers or series organisers.(WEC,DTM F1)
Race series & cars need speed,close competition & noise to be successful.No noise is a bit like saying we will have a football game with no tackles.
The idea that racing in any form can be green or eco friendly is a joke.It has & always will be a gigantic waste of resources.Whether it is the tyres,fuel you put in the car or the fuel going into the air planes & vehicles to arrive at the circuit.If you want to be green,go & plant some trees at the weekend.The manufacturers & teams make the right noises about it all but they are in the business of selling cars.If they cared about the planet they would stop making cars & just fit new drivetrains in the existing cars we have.

Spec series electric racing is by its nature not going to do much to improve Street cars or development.What I would like to see is an open formula,bring what you want diverse series of events for electric vehicles.So you could have various diverse events & competitors would have to use the same vehicle.

Fastest 1/4 mile - 1 mile
Distance run through the desert in Australia on one battery charge.
Circuit race around Indianapolis
Circuit race around Spa
Time trial Nurburgring
24 hr race at Silverstone or Le Mans
Pikes Peak Hill Climb
Steet race around New York or London.

This would be a series that would drive innovation & noise would be replaced by the interest in the new tech being improved at every event.

I've been doing the time trial in this. It's different and certainly not my favourite but it takes a different driving style and is fun to master. I also liked the sound of air rushing past you down the straights!

For all those saying negative things about the handling, the default setup is not good and far too pushy. Before making up your mind fully, try adjusting the setup if you haven't to make the rear a bit looser and reduce traction control - makes a world of difference...

Last edited:
That sound takes me back to my childhood. :)

This.

I've tried watching E-Racing, both real and virtual, but when I hear the whine of the motor all I can think off are those old milk floats, and I can no longer take the racing seriously.

When the time comes that all motorsports are electric then I'll be out - the passion will no longer be there.

Oh and despite all the PC environmental proclamations about E-Racing, the biggest con is that the batteries are mostly charged from petrol or diesel generators in the pits, so it's all bollocks anyway.

I own an electric car for the first month i had problem with no motor sound so for me i bought the cupra e so i am use with the electric sound but for a racing car it not as fun as a real motor sound and shifting its a differrent experience.

I have never owned or ever driven a electric car. So, I have no idea how it drives or what it sounds like inside the car. I do know what a Tesla sounds like when it drives by, it pretty much doesn't make any sound at all. What I also know is how immersive the sound of a race car can be. In the 80's and 90's (yes, I'm old) I went many times to the Nordschleife for the 24H race. I remember very well how it felt standing close to the race track at 1AM in the morning, listening to the cars coming. This was stuff that gave us goosebumps and it was highly immersive. I don't have that feeling at all by watching, as example, Formula E. While I understand this might be the future of car racing, I despite it at the same time.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back