RaceRoom Racing Experience | Cupra Leon e-Racer Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sector3 Studios have released a new car for their RaceRoom Racing Experience simulation - the self-proclaimed world's first fully electric racing car - the Cupra Leon e-Racer.
  • Cupra e-Racer DLC now available.
  • New free to enter esport competition released alongside DLC.
  • 1 model, 26 liveries, £3.63
Cupra e-racer middle 2.jpg

Available now as both a standalone piece of DLC content and as part of a new esport competition within the sim, the new car is available to purchase for around £3.63 and comes with 26 unique liveries - adding another very different driving experience to a title that is packed full of varied and interesting content from historic to modern prototype racing vehicles.

Cupra e-racer middle.jpg

According to the Sector3 Studios release notes, the new car has some impressive performance statistics, with acceleration offering an impressive 0 to 100 in just over 3 seconds, with top speeds up to 270 km/h - in a touring car!

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available now, exclusive to PC.

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news, discussions and conversations about this awesome sim.

Cupra e-racer footer.jpg

Attachments

• Cupra e-racer header.jpg
    Cupra e-racer header.jpg
    923.9 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:
Cannot get excited about this sort of car in real life or a sim.I guess Touring cars will become all electric in the future & nobody will mind because we watch WTCC or BTCC to be entertained & noise is not that important.
Formula E should combine with DTM.Make some DTM style bodywork on the FE cars & go racing on real tracks until the cities welcome FE again.

I guess Touring cars will become all electric in the future & nobody will mind because we watch WTCC or BTCC to be entertained & noise is not that important.
I disagree, noise is important. Just look at all the debate on the F1 hybrid engines, not because of what they are but how they sound. Everyone pines for the earlier eras with their V-10s and V-12s.

It'll be the same with touring cars. You may not notice how much the "noise" sets the atmosphere and improves the show now, while it's there... but when it's gone I bet you do.

Last edited:
Ah yes, the hypocrisy of electric cars in racing.

Forget the fact that they are just a niche market yet, hopelessly uncompetitive if not for special regulation dispenses and massive BOP, and potentially way more dangerous in a crash due to weight.

I just find it interesting that we still use literaly Tons of resources making tires that last only a stint, or a session, and then we try to virtue signal with CO2 emissions during the race...

With all that said, i am sure R3E made another good job with it.

It all depends. Some races near hydro's are not an issue. Others where they just bring large diesel generators are not nearly as good.

For home electric cars the environmental impact is much less than an ICE car because almost all power plants including coal fired are much more efficient than an ICE engine and the powerplant will generate less pollution powering your car.

Now that Coal and Oil fired powerplants are being phased out in favor of natural gas powered combustion turbines the numbers are even better and keep improving each year.

Last edited:
No need to try it, saw the video above and was instantly turned off, as expected. The car itself looked like it understeered like a truck too.
I'll never race an electric vehicle (or a fwd), neither in real life or virtually, I'd rather throw myself into a tumble dryer on max rpm instead. Or mow the lawn with my teeth. Or clean toilets with my tongue.
One bonus though - you hear all the crashing sounds when an electric vehicle crashes, its really rather odd.

Last edited:
What's funny is that once you've experienced a Tesla, all ICE cars feel slow because it feels like you are always waiting for them. With electric you have 100% torque available all the time. So whatever speed you are going, you just press the throttle down and get instant acceleration. No wait to down shift, no wait for the engine to spool up to the top of the torque curve. Just power all the time no matter what.

FYI, I've driven many BMW's, Porsche's, and other sports cars. The Teslas I've driven don't feel quite as sporty as some cars, but I suspect that the Porsche Taycan would have a good feel too.

All I'm going to say is that once you've experienced instantaneous 100% torque available all the time, it changes your perspective a bit.

Last edited:
What's funny is that once you've experienced a Tesla, all ICE cars feel slow because it feels like you are always waiting for them. With electric you have 100% torque available all the time. So whatever speed you are going, you just press the throttle down and get instant acceleration. No wait to down shift, no wait for the engine to spool up to the top of the torque curve. Just power all the time no matter what.

FYI, I've driven many BMW's, Porsche's, and other sports cars. The Teslas I've driven don't feel quite as sporty as some cars, but I suspect that the Porsche Taycan would have a good feel too.

All I'm going to say is that once you've experienced instantaneous 100% torque available all the time, it changes your perspective a bit.

No you dont have 100% of the torque all the time. I've seen this lie repeated time and time again.

You do have it at zero rpm, but it diminishes the quicker the engine is spinning.

Teslas win a lot of quarter mile drag races. Yet they lose all races up to 250kmh against very mundane cars. And at that speed the electricity consumption and the heat generated in the battery is really not efficient at all. So if you press the throttle past a certain speed, you might always get "instant reaction", but you actually have less torque that you can use.

Last edited:
Hardly unexpected that the simdads have descended on this thread to say they don't electric cars because they're automatically not "real" cars because they don't have an ICE, and then forgetting their virtual racecars are powered by electricity.
If you bother to read the thread you'll see that that isn't what the majority of people are saying, actually. Most have given various reasons for not liking them, and the thing they use for fuel isn't even it. Not one person has claimed that cars like this aren't "real" cars, outside of a joke. Besides, real or not, it doesn't mean we have to like them.

If you bother to read the thread you'll see that that isn't what the majority of people are saying, actually. Most have given various reasons for not liking them, and the thing they use for fuel isn't even it. Not one person has claimed that cars like this aren't "real" cars, outside of a joke. Besides, real or not, it doesn't mean we have to like them.

Plenty of them have basically said "muh noise".

No you dont have 100% of the torque all the time. I've seen this lie repeated time and time again.

You do have it at zero rpm, but it diminishes the quicker the engine is spinning.

Teslas win a lot of quarter mile drag races. Yet they lose all races up to 250kmh against very mundane cars. And at that speed the electricity consumption and the heat generated in the battery is really not efficient at all. So if you press the throttle past a certain speed, you might always get "instant reaction", but you actually have less torque that you can use.

When do you need a car that can go to 250 kph?

Plenty of them have basically said "muh noise".
Including me, which is in no way a complaint about the fuel they use, nor is it a claim they're not a "real" car. It's a statement of dissatisfaction with the noise they make, similar to all those who dislike the way the current F1 cars sound. So what? If you like it, more power to you.

When do you need a car that can go to 250 kph?
Not very often, but that isn't what he's saying. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back